Transportation from ship to ship-Port Everglades

corgis

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise on the Westerdam which disembarks 2/4/18 in Fort Lauderdale and then, on the same day embarking on a cruise aboard the Eurodam , departing from Port Everglades. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service between ships at Port Everglades?

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise on the Westerdam which disembarks 2/4/18 in Fort Lauderdale and then, on the same day embarking on a cruise aboard the Eurodam , departing from Port Everglades. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service between ships at Port Everglades?

Taxis are there as well, but they have a minimum charge of either $10 or 11 (I can't quite remember). I did this in December.

I'm not aware of a shuttle service, however, you can get Uber, etc in the port and the charge would be somewhat minimal I would think.

All the times I've been at Port Everglades (many), I've never sen such a shutt,e, however, I have sen people leave one ship, hop in a taxi and ) go to another ship. (easy.)

I am considering a Panama Canal cruise on the Westerdam which disembarks 2/4/18 in Fort Lauderdale and then, on the same day embarking on a cruise aboard the Eurodam , departing from Port Everglades.

I don't know if you realize it, but "Fort Lauderdale" and "Port Everglades" are the same place. Once when we left from pier 29 there was a free shuttle running from the mid-port garage. For the piers HAL commonly uses (26, 27, 21, 19) you could walk between them faster than you could get through a typical taxi queue! If you have too much baggage, hire a porter.

See https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Facilties_Map_UPDATED_August_5_2016_967fef41-99cb-400e-a99b-a0bbb8b935be.pdf

Edited by catl331

Depending on which pier they are in it could be a 150 to 300 yard walk between ships. We have done it before. Only issue would be if it is raining or if you have mobility issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

And you have to take your luggage from one ship to the other.

Thanks All! Big issue for me is luggage.

The porters at the luggage claim room in the terminal will tell you that they cannot take your bags to another terminal (right across the street). We discovered that $20 was sufficient encouragement to convince them of our desperate situation with luggage.

At Port Everglades, HAL ships normally use terminals 19, 21, & 26. 21 and 26 are across the street from each other. 19 is a bit of a walk. If you walk thru the Mid-port garage it isn't too bad to get to 19. In any case, hire a porter and they will assist you. They have done this before!