Can't believe the prices!!!!

Ncl has totally priced themselves out of the market for me. Last year we paid £750 for balcony with a drinks package. Same cruise next year £1190, only extra gratuities which are about £85. Will definitely be looking else where in the future.

Ncl has totally priced themselves out of the market for me. Last year we paid £750 for balcony with a drinks package. Same cruise next year £1190, only extra gratuities which are about £85. Will definitely be looking else where in the future.

We're not loyal to any cruise line.

Happy shopping!

If you are priced out, move down a notch and go OV or Interior. Easy fix.

Inside is still £950, English website now all inclusive and prices have rocketed, I've enjoyed ncl in the past but will definitely be going elsewhere. Trying msc mervigila in September.

If you are priced out, move down a notch and go OV or Interior. Easy fix.

This is one solution, but you get posters who "won't", I've also see the "if I don't sail in a balcony, I'll stay home". In this case I guess they will be.

I find cruises an excellent value and it's naive to think operating costs aren't going up. I never compare prices from a year ago. Worrthless, it's a different time. Instead, I find it far more accurate at where pricing and demand is, to look at CURRENT trends. Are all the other lines less for the same itinerary and week? Far better indicator, than what you paid last year.

No I'm not priced out of anything, I late book and take the opportunities of the late price dumps. They are out there. But not for a lot of people who have fixed plans and can't/won't be flexible.

12 nights on the Breakaway in February 2015 costed around $8000 for us and 7 nights on the Epic should cost around $9000 this summer.

Our easy fix was to try something new so we pay around $6000 for a Yacht Club suite on MSCS new ship Meraviglia.

This is one solution, but you get posters who "won't", I've also see the "if I don't sail in a balcony, I'll stay home". In this case I guess they will be.

I find cruises an excellent value and it's naive to think operating costs aren't going up. I never compare prices from a year ago. Worrthless, it's a different time. Instead, I find it far more accurate at where pricing and demand is, to look at CURRENT trends. Are all the other lines less for the same itinerary and week? Far better indicator, than what you paid last year.

No I'm not priced out of anything, I late book and take the opportunities of the late price dumps. They are out there. But not for a lot of people who have fixed plans and can't/won't be flexible.

Cruise is an outstanding deal if your willing to shop the Market.

I totally agree that prices are soaring! Just over four years ago I went on my first ever cruise. Been averaging 3-4 a year since. (Solo, retired, living in Florida), so I'm available to go at the last minute. Started with Carnival, moved onto Royal, but with both wanting to charge 200%, I said no way. Last 4 cruises on NCL, mainly due to solo cabins, UBP included, so I thought I was getting a good deal. But lately even those are hard to find. But I have to say I'm constantly on various site and I do find good rates. My next is planned for December but looking for another soon, (can't wait to December).

Inside is still £950, English website now all inclusive and prices have rocketed, I've enjoyed ncl in the past but will definitely be going elsewhere. Trying msc mervigila in September.

You can still book non-AI through an online US-based agent. That's what I usually do.

Totally agree, Before the AL came in, I was looking at booking the Bliss TA for £2440 + £204 dsc, for 2 with UBP and SDP, now the exact same is £3335!! So nearly £700 extra Just to gain speciality coffee with your meal, and a bottle of water, but lose the SDP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We generally book our cruises two years out then watch the prices soar. Our November 2017 has already gone up 900.00 total (for 2 of us)

We just got off a 7 day with suite. I lost track of how much we saved by booking so early, plus the perks we got with that cruise.

So to me bottom line is if I checked a cruise at the time if was sky high I would freak too.

The £ has dropped massively against the $ in the last year, that will be the biggest reason the price has jumped.

You take £750 when it was $1.49/£1.00 and compare to £1105 at $1.29/£1.00 then that is responsible for over half the increase.

What you should do is tell us the comparative price on Celebrity, RCI and Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by NCLfamily

Don't waste your time looking at RCCL then. I cancelled our New Year cruise with RCCL and booked a similar NCL cruise for $2000 less than with RCCL. There are deals to be found out there but they seem to be fewer and further between now.

Sorry, I haven't seen these gigantic price increases with the exception of the Haven and suites. For Caribbean cruises, balconies are and have been around $1000 pp. Med cruises have actually been a bargain for a couples of years. Panama, NZ/Oz, Asian, ME cruises are high but that's supply and demand. And the perks programs have been big money savers, at least for us where just say 'no' doesn't apply on board! Maybe, as previously posted, it's the exchange rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app