Canada/New England - Gem or Dawn

I am considering Canada/New England cruise in September and was wondering which is a nicer ship. I like the itinerary on both (I like Dawn itinerary slightly more). They are not offering Canada at Par on the Dawn so it would be $1,000 more expensive for the week. I read that the Dawn went through an extensive renovations and is quite impressive. Is it worth the extra $1,000? The ship is just important to us as the destination. I prefer more modern looking ships.

Based on this which would you recommend? Thanks!

Check out the schedule posted for 2017 some modest changes from 2016 - returning in 2018 to the 2016 theme.

Check the Itinerary of both ships - this past autumn I did the B2B Boston - Quebec City - Boston fabulous weather and more

ports Portland Halifax (going and coming) Charlotte Town P.E.I Gaspe Saguaney - Quebec overnight - Sydney Halifax St John

Bar Harbor and Boston. An awful lot of cruising a big bang for the currency be it the buck or loonie.

The New York City departure is awesome with the Statue of Liberty

See if the 7 day itinerary works with a close loop or even a one way of either B2B legs.

I took the DAWN early last year before the refitting then in the autumn after and the changes.

The DAWN is much improved with better utilization of the restaurants Le Bistro and La Cucina

switching places the Moderno moving next to Cagney's where Moderno was is now O'Sheehans

replacing the Blue Lagoon - Teppanyaki doubled in space.

Internet Café and Photo Gallery combined - Pearly Kings is now a wine tasting bar.

New carpet and flooring in a lot of areas.

The slides removed from the Pool area

AND the big surprise the addition of Los Lobos Mexican restaurant

I like it - I like it !

Gem is the better ship.

Dawn's B2B itinerary with the overnight stay in Old Quebec city is tuff to beat.

I would prefer Gem also, there are several Gem 10 day including overnight in Quebec that I've been watching.