Favorite desserts

I agree 100% with this. Royal cares more about what they look like than how they taste.

They need to hire a good southern dessert chef to teach them the art of dessert making.

Chef's Surprise, pretty and tasty.

a319a11017839249869588f3e6c5b8b4.jpg

bead60e30a077e9869279025d9cab55d.jpg

What makes a "southern" dessert chef special?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No "baked Alaska" anymore. The desserts used to be outstanding...too pretty to eat, but so delicious, you HAD to eat it! Nowadays, it all seems to be some sort of "mousse" or pudding custard based thing...unless it's a cookie, which I consider a snack..not a "dessert"!

On all of my RCI cruises,they do have Baked Alaska on the menu because my DH always orders it.

Many years ago, at least 10 years or more, they had a Baked Alaska parade. They also used to make Cherries Jubilee at your table. I think they said they stopped because of fire hazards but it was also in the day when the waiters had only 2 or 3 tables.

We were on a RC cruise some years ago, forget which ship, and I can't remember what it was called, but one night we had flourless chocolate cake. It was one of the best things I ever put in my mouth.

On all of my RCI cruises,they do have Baked Alaska on the menu because my DH always orders it.

Many years ago, at least 10 years or more, they had a Baked Alaska parade. They also used to make Cherries Jubilee at your table. I think they said they stopped because of fire hazards but it was also in the day when the waiters had only 2 or 3 tables.

Likewise. We just finished a B2B cruise (2 April and 9 April) on the Jewel and they offered Baked Alaska on both cruises in the MDR.

No "baked Alaska" anymore. The desserts used to be outstanding...too pretty to eat, but so delicious, you HAD to eat it! Nowadays, it all seems to be some sort of "mousse" or pudding custard based thing...unless it's a cookie, which I consider a snack..not a "dessert"!

Yes, there is Baked Alaska. They just don't parade it through the dining room any more.