Any live reports from Solstice Now Hawaii?

gordylad

We did Hawaii to Vancouver last April. Great cruise except last 3 days were too chilly for our balcony (& we're from CO). I did find it interesting that they had lei making & other Hawaii themed classes. I'd expect it going to Hawaii, not leaving it. We spent a week at the Hale Koa in Oahu prior to the cruise, which was fabulous. I believe there were 30 of us that met in the Barefoot Bar each evening, great group; we met most evenings on board in the Sky Lounge as well.

I'll book this again, but going from Vancouver to Hawaii with another week at the Hale Koa

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on the Sept Vancouver-Hawaii Solstice cruise as well so excited. We went ahead and booked ship tours so we would be 1st off the ships. I hate waiting. In Kona we booked the rafting, snorkel and tour. In Hilo we are doing VNP with tastes of Hawaii. We haven't booked anything yet in Maui. We are staying at the Days Inn in Vancouver because it's cheap and has free parking for 15 days. We are driving in from Iowa. I don't want to ride in a bus with a bunch of people in Maui and don't want the hassle of renting a car so we may just take a taxi to one of the resorts. If any one has great ideas for Maui let us know. On oahu we are renting a condo for a week at the Hawaiin in Princess. Again have I said how excited we are.

We did Honolulu to Vancouver in 2016 and it was amazing. Maui is a tender port so it took a bit longer to get off the ship; but when we did, we took a bus to Whaler's Village and spent an amazing day on Kaanapali Beach. If I remember correctly, the all day bus pass was only a couple of dollars. Once we were at the beach, we rented chairs and umbrellas for only about $20. It was a beautiful beach and we walked & walked & walked. Since we had a big breakfast before we left the ship, we just had an ice cream from Ben & Jerry's in Whaler's Village. From there, we took the bus back to town and had dinner at Aloha Mixed Plate, which was delicious. Finally found a spot to watch the sunset before heading back to the ship. We did a Celebrity snorkel excursion the next day....sorry, can't remember which one, but it was another beautiful day.

:cool:

ENJOY!

Did see sandals and flip-flops on women at the Captain's Club evening event. The only reason I mentioned this is that sandals were disgust here on cruise critic.

I'm not the dress code police. Just what I observed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Just what I wanted to know ...thanks!!! I packed a pair of sandals with heels and love going to the Captain's Club event ... didn't know if that was going to be an issue. Glad you answered it for me ... we board tomorrow. :)

Any observations with regards to the sommeliers in the MDR?? On the Equinox, we had the beverage package and they allowed us to get a similarly priced bottle of wine that was normally only sold by the bottle. Did you happen to observe anything like this happening on the Solstice?? I know that is very specific ... just curious.