Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Having just disembarked Eurodam one week after you I'm having serious withdrawal this week. Every day I wake up and say "well, one week ago today we were in ___" lol so your pictures are really helping me deal with the fact that we're back to reality! They're all beautiful!

Thank you for sharing them and I'm glad you had just as good a time as we did! We loved Eurodam and Alaska!

Thanks Deb , we're experiencing the same withdrawal . That's part of the reason that I take so many photos , to relieve and remember .

And in the words of the star of movies , TV and imminent lifestyle philosopher Pee Wee Herman ,

" Take a picture - it will last longer " . :) :D

Follow the gold brick road

IMG_4093_zpscefmllzy.jpg

The inverted iceberg room has

IMG_4099_zpsi2jey3kn.jpg

buff lions

2bad5e6c-6b84-45d5-acc5-356d3f5e7039_zpswbkoqdvi.jpg

and a ripped Poseidon

IMG_4095_zpsne4vlhtj.jpg

Time for a cup of coffee at the Lido Market where I thought that I might be the only passenger

IMG_4102_zpsfklhgn0k.jpg

There was also a couple in their 'rock star robes ' .

IMG_4109_zpsxp0sjh3o.jpg

Joe & Pat- I know you said you had a great "upgrade" offer to the Neptune suite....did you think it was worth the difference you paid? I just received an offer on our trip for $700 total.....still debating....we really like the location of the room we have now......so thought I'd ask someone who had been in one recently.....thanks...

Joe & Pat- I know you said you had a great "upgrade" offer to the Neptune suite....did you think it was worth the difference you paid? I just received an offer on our trip for $700 total.....still debating....we really like the location of the room we have now......so thought I'd ask someone who had been in one recently.....thanks...

We did think that that it was and ours was $800 . We really loved the size difference , the Neptune lounge , coffee machine in the room and breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grille . We did take a chance by not knowing the location but we booked an SC and they gave us a SA mid ship Rotterdam . Oh did I forget the concierge and the huge balcony ? We had a really nice day there on the inside passage and didn't feel like leaving and dressing up for the 2nd Gala dinner . When we told the concierge she had the dinner brought there and we just watched the scenery and ate in short sleeves . But , we did have to pour our own wine ! :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

We did think that that it was and ours was $800 . We really loved the size difference , the Neptune lounge , coffee machine in the room and breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grille . We did take a chance by not knowing the location but we booked an SC and they gave us a SA mid ship Rotterdam . Oh did I forget the concierge and the huge balcony ? We had a really nice day there on the inside passage and didn't feel like leaving and dressing up for the 2nd Gala dinner . When we told the concierge she had the dinner brought there and we just watched the scenery and ate in short sleeves . But , we did have to pour our own wine ! :) :D

Thanks!!! You had me at the in room coffee machine...:)..ha haha....booked it ........what fun!!!

Thanks!!! You had me at the in room coffee machine...:)..ha haha....booked it ........what fun!!!

Great , you will a more accurate comparison to the Lumanie , but only for breakfast . The lunches at the Pinnacle are reasonable but later in the voyage the dining room was booked solid for dinner . We did book a diner package on Day 1 for the Pinnacle , Tamarind and Canaletto but changed the dinner from Canaletto to a second night at Tamarind . They do have a Cappuccino and Latte machine at the Neptune lounge that opens at 7 am but their Lido coffee isn't much better than on Celebrity .

Nearly had me :D But on second thought, the only words I could post here would too soon be deleted :rolleyes:

Great recovery Louis !

But it could be worse . I know somebody who had an entire thread or two moved to the Floataway lounge . One of the threads had almost 142 thousand views . :eek:

Wow 72° , you may need to borrow Mic's 7 mm for that dive ! Hopefully you'll get some good photos with the great viz that they have the springs . Be careful in the caves if they have any .

The grandsons were in the pool on Mother's Day and we thought that 82 was too cool for us .

The water was 18 degrees (64 f) in NZ and those suits were toasty.

Completely agree Mic. The separation may be symbolic but practically it does make a huge difference. You can come and go at your own pace.

Robert

Exactly, sometimes we have stayed longer after we have eaten to keep talking to another couple if it is really interesting conversation but generally we get out of there straight after dessert and free up the table for the next couple.

Rembrandt was my favorite Dutch painter and much of his work was on display throughout the ship . I credit him as the originator of the selfie movement which is so popular now .

Ha! Pretty sure that the common belief that he originated the phrase, "OMG r u srius" is just a rumor. The art looks lovely. Do they provide any kind of a guide or tour to the artwork on board?

I am loving the photo tour of Eurodam! I'm already excited for our Koningsdam cruise in October. Even though we're touring a different ship here, this Eurodam tour is certainly helping to make me very glad we decided to try HAL!

Wow 72° , you may need to borrow Mic's 7 mm for that dive ! Hopefully you'll get some good photos with the great viz that they have the springs . Be careful in the caves if they have any .

The grandsons were in the pool on Mother's Day and we thought that 82 was too cool for us .

I'm going to have to make do with my 3 mm wetsuit over my lycra skinsuit unless Mic can get one of those 7 mm suits to me by Friday morning. I am really glad the air temp is expected to be 92°F! At least it will be warm when we get out of the water!

There was a wave pool on the Eurodam on Sunday morning

IMG_4114_zpsfofxalqg.jpg

On the right hand side of the photo were enclosed cabanas

IMG_4122_zps1wfs6g0g.jpg

Each cabana had a 2 top that Mic and I would like to have in the MDR , a bed and a tame albino monkey for entertainment .

IMG_4117_zpsmk04frar.jpg

Not far away was the Dive In grille

IMG_4123_zpsrho99xyq.jpg

I was hoping that they might offer a belly flop or a can opener .

IMG_4127_zpsa2mrs1t8.jpg

The Eurodam was Christened in 2008 by Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands .

IMG_4137_zpsotvtfs2k.jpg

This our first time in a Neptune Suite and it included the Neptune Lounge that was very close to us . It opened at 7 AM and became a welcome part of our routine .

DSC00709_zpssschatbq.jpg

Ann Margret ( yes , that is her real name ) was a real sweetheart always with a smile a helping us with everything .

DSC01786_zpsh9h0wemy.jpg

There was always something good to eat under the big top .

DSC00710_zpshdpgshbh.jpg

DSC00712_zpslwhjjjbk.jpg

DSC00711_zpsmlv5tqty.jpg

We usually had a fruit cup to start the day and when we later found out that they had a Cappuccino and Latte machine , that also became part of the routine .

DSC00721_zpsoqqh3hib.jpg

Each cabana had a 2 top that Mic and I would like to have in the MDR , a bed and a tame albino monkey for entertainment .

IMG_4117_zpsmk04frar.jpg

Yes, I do like the two tops that are a bit more private.

[/url]

The Eurodam was Christened in 2008 by Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands .

IMG_4137_zpsotvtfs2k.jpg

I met the queen in 1988 and she presented me (and my soccer team) a medal after we played the Royal Navy as part of the Dutch community in Sydney and Australia's Bicentennial celebrations.

Time for a cup of coffee at the Lido Market where I thought that I might be the only passenger

There was also a couple in their 'rock star robes ' .

IMG_4109_zpsxp0sjh3o.jpg

I thought you might be alone as well, not many models in your photos. Speaking of models, I'm glad they found one with experience enough to have gray hair to model the robes. (I've read disparaging comments about the younger set wearing those out & about.)

This our first time in a Neptune Suite and it included the Neptune Lounge that was very close to us . It opened at 7 AM and became a welcome part of our routine .

DSC00709_zpssschatbq.jpg

Ann Margret ( yes , that is her real name ) was a real sweetheart always with a smile a helping us with everything .

DSC01786_zpsh9h0wemy.jpg

There was always something good to eat under the big top .

DSC00710_zpshdpgshbh.jpg

DSC00712_zpslwhjjjbk.jpg

DSC00711_zpsmlv5tqty.jpg

We usually had a fruit cup to start the day and when we later found out that they had a Cappuccino and Latte machine , that also became part of the routine .

DSC00721_zpsoqqh3hib.jpg

Yum!! This looks wonderful and am sure we will enjoy it too!!! So do you think you will go back and take another Alaskan cruise sometime?

Yum!! This looks wonderful and am sure we will enjoy it too!!! So do you think you will go back and take another Alaskan cruise sometime?

I can't wait for me next one (& we stay in closets by comparison) and could easily plan another one after that!

Believe the people that say Alaska is addictive!

[/size][/font]

Yes, I do like the two tops that are a bit more private.

I met the queen in 1988 and she presented me (and my soccer team) a medal after we played the Royal Navy as part of the Dutch community in Sydney and Australia's Bicentennial celebrations.

Wow that's quite an honor Mic , well played Sir !

Oooo I see that the yogurt parfaits were part of the spread in the Neptune Lounge too.

I enjoyed one of those every morning from the lowly Lido;p along with a very healthy...ahem, sticky bun!

All about balance! ;)