Lose balcony discount with TA booking?

More likely you will lose or reduce their onboard credit offer. The balcony discount lowers the price of the cruise. And sometimes the TA will lower their OBC offer as well, because it lowers their commission. Even if you book with a TA, the balcony discount is not combinable with Royal Caribbean's OBC, (on outside bookings) so you would have to choose one or the other.

More likely you will lose or reduce their onboard credit offer. The balcony discount lowers the price of the cruise. And sometimes the TA will lower their OBC offer as well, because it lowers their commission. Even if you book with a TA, the balcony discount is not combinable with Royal Caribbean's OBC, (on outside bookings) so you would have to choose one or the other.

I agree with this as it has affected me many times.

If I decide to book with a TA, will I lose my C&A balcony discount. When I do a mock booking with different on-line TAs, there is nothing about my balcony discount.

It does sound like Royal will be implementing a policy of not allowing OBC from booking on board if your booking is under TA group rates. C&A balcony discount may be they next thing the disallow, but not yet.

It does sound like Royal will be implementing a policy of not allowing OBC from booking on board if your booking is under TA group rates. C&A balcony discount may be they next thing the disallow, but not yet.

In the UK if RC are offering eg $100 obc when my TA phones they are told Balcony discount can not be combined with obc offer.I stopped doing onboard booking because last time i did we had a disagreement because at first RC wouldn't accept that i had paid a deposit for an open booking and wouldn't credit it to the booking i was making with TA.We sorted it but it left a bad feeling.

In the UK if RC are offering eg $100 obc when my TA phones they are told Balcony discount can not be combined with obc offer.I stopped doing onboard booking because last time i did we had a disagreement because at first RC wouldn't accept that i had paid a deposit for an open booking and wouldn't credit it to the booking i was making with TA.We sorted it but it left a bad feeling.

Depending on the type of OBC, the same thing happens here in the US. If the OBC is some promo OBC from Royal, it cannot be combined with the balcony discount. To my knowledge, the only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount is that from booking on board.

Depending on the type of OBC, the same thing happens here in the US. If the OBC is some promo OBC from Royal, it cannot be combined with the balcony discount. To my knowledge, the only Royal OBC that can be combined with the balcony discount is that from booking on board.

Thanks thats what they said.

Bob, I always wondered if the RCL's VP are on salary/comms. basis. If comms. is involved, what happens to it when a Pax transfers the booking to a TA. Many times the transfers is encouraged while on board to get folks to book on board.

Bob, I always wondered if the RCL's VP are on salary/comms. basis. If comms. is involved, what happens to it when a Pax transfers the booking to a TA. Many times the transfers is encouraged while on board to get folks to book on board.

I don't have any info about the makeup of Royal's CVP compensation.

The TA we use is always able to call C&A and apply the balcony discount when it was applicable. It won't automatically show up in a booking.

We get balcony and above every cruise and TA has to ring RC to confirm.The problem is if RC offer obc then it is one or the other.

Fortunately i have a very good relationship with my TA( their best cruise customer) so we come to other arrangements.

I've been told by some of the large online agencies that the OBC they offer is not from group bookings but part of their commission. Anyone know if this is true?

So i have been told,mine is one of the biggest UK high street TAs and they tell me unless RC are funding an offer it comes from their commission.

I've been told by some of the large online agencies that the OBC they offer is not from group bookings but part of their commission. Anyone know if this is true?

That's true of our travel agent.

Interesting, I just went back and looked at me OS I booked with Next Cruise in November for October. I booked this with them and moved it to my TA once we got back home. My booking is showing the Balcony discount of $100, BOGO price, and the $200 OBC that Next Cruise gave me. My TA is kicking in additional OBC but that doesn't usually show on my account until day two.

I just ran into this issue today as well. Normally I see my balcony discount show up in the details but this one I just did today, didn't. I booked anyway and then just phoned and asked them to have it applied. Apparently, RCI is telling them that the C&A balcony discount is not combinable with the current "Maycation" offer. I knew I wouldn't receive the OBC in conjunction with the balcony discount but apparently whatever pricing I have is the best and I won't receive my discount. :evilsmile: They tried and tried, and had supervisors look at it and couldn't get the balcony discount. The only thing they were able to find was a slightly less ($40) offer which was under Friends and Family or something like that.

Seems very odd. Anyone else come across this recently?

I also should add that the pricing is less than if I try to book on RCCL's site directly that is including the C&A discount..... By about $170 so I guess I should just take what I have and be happy, right?!? Just find it odd...that's all.

Edited by tropiclvrs

Seems very odd. Anyone else come across this recently?

I also should add that the pricing is less than if I try to book on RCCL's site directly that is including the C&A discount..... By about $170 so I guess I should just take what I have and be happy, right?!? Just find it odd...that's all.

Not odd, that's the new normal.

Biker, who rarely gets to use his balcony discount because some other offer applies a bigger discount.

because some other offer applies a bigger discount.

True! I always track my booked cruises for "discounts" and if something pops up I call my TA. She will research it and then advise me if it's a real "discount" from what I already have. Almost every time it's not an advantage to cancel what I have and book the next best "SALE".