Anyone with recent UDP? I am just looking for clarification

deege

Hello, to preface this I did try to search through the forums for an answer. If I missed it I apologize but I have not seen any information that was recent (within the last three months).

When using the UDP NCL's guidelines specifically say that it can be used at Cagney's. However, I was hearing mixed feedback when it comes to a la carte restaurants which is what Cagney's had switched to last year (I think). I understand there is a $10 charge for an extra entrée, which I have no qualms with.

My question is, has anyone used the UDP at an a la carte restaurant like Cagney's and if so were there any other charges associated with it outside of any extras you personally decided to go with that was not in the scope of the UDP. I am just trying to weigh the pros of getting the package versus sticking to the a la carte or cover charge.

Thanks for your time.

As I understand it, with the dining package, you can order as many apps, sides, and desserts as you like, but only one entrée. If you order a second entrée, you pay menu price (plus the 18% gratuity).

Thanks for the reply. That is how I read it but on some other threads people complained about paying extra for a la carte but that was before a few of the restaurants that were cover charge only went to an a la carte style menu. So I was looking for clarification on anyone who has recently used it.

When they first started a la carte pricing at some of their restaurants there was a lot of confusion about how that would work with the UDP and a lot of speculation. But, it's been quite some time now and I've never heard of anyone being charged extra for apps, sides, or desserts. There have been reports that a few waiters have said only one app and one dessert, but that's been when the diner asked specifically and the misinformation has been settled by the manager. And, I haven't read any reports of that lately so maybe NCL has actually made sure their waiters understand the T&Cs better. :)

When they first started a la carte pricing at some of their restaurants there was a lot of confusion about how that would work with the UDP and a lot of speculation. But, it's been quite some time now and I've never heard of anyone being charged extra for apps, sides, or desserts. There have been reports that a few waiters have said only one app and one dessert, but that's been when the diner asked specifically and the misinformation has been settled by the manager. And, I haven't read any reports of that lately so maybe NCL has actually made sure their waiters understand the T&Cs better. :)

Thanks for the reply! That makes it a no brainer now. :)

Just back from Gem and can report that we were never charged for our UDP meals.....DH even ordered the 32oz bone in porterhouse and a fellow guest the tomahawk at no additional charge. I had understood previously that with the UDP we were limited to entrees under a certain price but when I asked (after overhearing my non cruise critic hubby ordered the most expensive thing on the menu), I was told by the waiter, it was included.

YMMV

I had understood previously that with the UDP we were limited to entrees under a certain price

I think some of the confusion comes from the Platinum meal where there are restrictions on the price of the entree.

There has never been any such restriction with the SDP.

Cagney's, Le bistro, la cucina, moderno, and teppanyaki are covered with no additional charges (with the exception of multiple entrees). Other dining venues, including some a la cartes do have an upcharge for using an SDP credit so wondering if they went to one of those and assumed it was for all a la cartes? In Jan we used the SDP at cagney's and got multiple starters and sides with no additional charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello, to preface this I did try to search through the forums for an answer. If I missed it I apologize but I have not seen any information that was recent (within the last three months).

When using the UDP NCL's guidelines specifically say that it can be used at Cagney's. However, I was hearing mixed feedback when it comes to a la carte restaurants which is what Cagney's had switched to last year (I think). I understand there is a $10 charge for an extra entrée, which I have no qualms with.

My question is, has anyone used the UDP at an a la carte restaurant like Cagney's and if so were there any other charges associated with it outside of any extras you personally decided to go with that was not in the scope of the UDP. I am just trying to weigh the pros of getting the package versus sticking to the a la carte or cover charge.

Thanks for your time.

NCL

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French, Mexican and Italian restaurants across the fleet. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• The Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

If you have the UDP on a 7 night cruise and eat at one of the upcharge restaurants such as Bayamo for $15, does that count as one of your 3 dinners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the UDP on a 7 night cruise and eat at one of the upcharge restaurants such as Bayamo for $15, does that count as one of your 3 dinners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is $15 plus a dining credit.

I understand there is a $10 charge for an extra entrée, which I have no qualms with.
This has changed now, according to the terms (I haven't verified this personally on any recent cruises). For each additional entrée, you get charged the full à la carte price, not just $10.