EZAir-Can you Change One of the Flights??

teacherman

We have booked flexible business class round trip from DTW to South America for next February. We prefer to fly on Delta. We have Delta going down to SCL and AA returning from EZE. The AA flight has terrible connections. I now see that AA is offering better return flight, seemingly at the same price. Can I ONLY change the return flight and keep the Delta flight that is going? Have any of you done this? The Princess agent told me I have to cancel the Delta flight and rebook the whole thing, but if I do that I will probably lose the Delta flight as they do not even show that flight being offered. Also, Delta has a return flight we would like to have, which on the Delta site is showing as empty, but Princess is only offering AA flights. Do any of you have advice on what we could do? These flights are MUCH cheaper than booking direct with the airlines.

We have booked flexible business class round trip from DTW to South America for next February. We prefer to fly on Delta. We have Delta going down to SCL and AA returning from EZE. The AA flight has terrible connections. I now see that AA is offering better return flight, seemingly at the same price. Can I ONLY change the return flight and keep the Delta flight that is going? Have any of you done this? The Princess agent told me I have to cancel the Delta flight and rebook the whole thing, but if I do that I will probably lose the Delta flight as they do not even show that flight being offered. Also, Delta has a return flight we would like to have, which on the Delta site is showing as empty, but Princess is only offering AA flights. Do any of you have advice on what we could do? These flights are MUCH cheaper than booking direct with the airlines.

You have to cancel both and rebook.

If you play with the flight times that flight might show up

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Are you sure it's not available? I have found flights that aren't initially presented on the EZAir screen by choosing an airline in the initial selection screen. You can model this out without touching your reservation by searching for the cruise (I'm fairly certain the same one we are taking next February) and checking the air options there. That will also show you the total cost of the new booking before you attempt it on your own booking.

Are you sure it's not available? I have found flights that aren't initially presented on the EZAir screen by choosing an airline in the initial selection screen. You can model this out without touching your reservation by searching for the cruise (I'm fairly certain the same one we are taking next February) and checking the air options there. That will also show you the total cost of the new booking before you attempt it on your own booking.

I have found playing with the flight times also brings up a few different flight choices.

It may not be showing due to that.

Hi,try posting your query on the cruise air section of these boards.They have a bunch of experts over there who would probably solve your problem,cheers,Brian.

Thank you for the advice. I managed to cancel the flights and make a new "reservation" giving us the Delta business seats both going from DTW to SCL, and returning from EZE to DTW. It is still EZAir flexible fare, so I hope it really works out for us. I will probably pay for the whole thing earlier than the 45 days and ask them to "release" the seats.

The flights and seats all show up on my Delta app just like all of my other scheduled flights. I went to put in my secure flight information on the EZAir reservation form, and it said they already had it. So far, things seem okay.

Thank you for the advice. I managed to cancel the flights and make a new "reservation" giving us the Delta business seats both going from DTW to SCL, and returning from EZE to DTW. It is still EZAir flexible fare, so I hope it really works out for us. I will probably pay for the whole thing earlier than the 45 days and ask them to "release" the seats.

The flights and seats all show up on my Delta app just like all of my other scheduled flights. I went to put in my secure flight information on the EZAir reservation form, and it said they already had it. So far, things seem okay.

Sounds great!

Hi,try posting your query on the cruise air section of these boards.They have a bunch of experts over there who would probably solve your problem,cheers,Brian.

Does not matter who they talk to outside Princess.........

The entire Princess air booking has to be canceled entirely and rebooked, there no way around that.

Looks like the OP got it rebooked and taken care of now.

To my surprise, since our trip is booked using a TA, I got great service by calling the Princess number. We had a terrible connection coming home from London with a 10+ hour layover in NYC; I called the Princess folks expecting to get the "you have to talk to your travel agent" answer. Not only were the Princess folks willing to help me with the better flight (only 2 +hour layover) she actually found a non stop that was not showing on EZ Air and still was less than I had paid. Jumped on it and it was done before I could give the "5' on the survey:D

To my surprise, since our trip is booked using a TA, I got great service by calling the Princess number. We had a terrible connection coming home from London with a 10+ hour layover in NYC; I called the Princess folks expecting to get the "you have to talk to your travel agent" answer. Not only were the Princess folks willing to help me with the better flight (only 2 +hour layover) she actually found a non stop that was not showing on EZ Air and still was less than I had paid. Jumped on it and it was done before I could give the "5' on the survey:D

The TA usually does not get involved in air booking/issues etc.

The passenger is supposed to do it either online or through Princess customer service..