Upgrade to Concierge?

georgiaguy

Just a few weeks from our sail away and so I checked in with my cruise agency about upgrades. They told me we could get an upgrade to Concierge Class from a 2C (partially obstructed veranda) for $220/pp. Is this a good deal?

Just a few weeks from our sail away and so I checked in with my cruise agency about upgrades. They told me we could get an upgrade to Concierge Class from a 2C (partially obstructed veranda) for $220/pp. Is this a good deal?

5 points per night cruised, I did it once to get to elite

larger sq ft cabin on Millennium class only

bottle of Shampagne in cabin Celebrity brand, ok for mimosas

fresh fruit usually an apple pear and orange per day

afternoon canapes - ask steward to swap to cheeses crackers and grapes. Then it is a neat snack

embarkation lunch

debarkation lounge with coffee and pastries.

IMHO, no it is not worth it. We had the opportunity to upgrade for $150/pp and turned it down. We did sail concierge previously because we got all 4 perks with our booking and it was a much better deal, but it doesn't seem to be anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like we will be on the same sailing. We just upgraded to Concierge Class as well.

CC cabins also get to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. May be worth it to some people to avoid the crowded buffet.
Keep in mind it is a very limited menu. The only two entrees on my cruise were lamb and fish. They were showing the menu to everyone as they entered, because many would sit down, get the menu and leave due to the menu items. I will say the chocolate cake was wonderful.

Concierge cabins are worth very little extra to me--certainly not that much. We paid $50pp extra but got more OBC the last time. The perks really aren't all that great; most of them we didn't even use.

I did like the footstool on the balcony!

Nobody has mentioned the upgraded Room Service Breakfast Menu you get with CC......... We had room service every morning with breakfast on the balcony. The difference in the menu for the CC was well worth it.