6 people in Haven Family Suite - ISO experience or book 2 people in different room?

We had this 2 bedroom family suite previously with 2 adults and 3 teenagers and while tight at times, it worked for us. This time we have 4 adults and 2 teens.

Does anyone have experience with filling this room to capacity?

Alternatively, I keep thinking what if I bought another room (cheapest available currently is a balcony) just for them to sleep in. I want everyone to enjoy the perks of the Haven and that is why I booked us all together to begin with. I realize it would be expensive, but I wonder if it is even possible? If so, should I try to arrange by phone prior to cruise or better with the concierge once on board?

Any other brilliant ideas?

I've stayed in the 2BR twice, 4 adults both times. The only way I'm aware of for all 6 to enjoy ALL of the Haven perks is to have everyone in a Haven suite. You can entertain the guest staying in the balcony cabin in your suite only. I believe they can sleep overnight as well. They can join you for meals in the Haven restaurant for a fee. I've heard $35 pp, not 100% sure though. They are not allowed in the lounge, courtyard, or deck areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've stayed in the 2BR twice, 4 adults both times. The only way I'm aware of for all 6 to enjoy ALL of the Haven perks is to have everyone in a Haven suite. You can entertain the guest staying in the balcony cabin in your suite only. I believe they can sleep overnight as well. They can join you for meals in the Haven restaurant for a fee. I've heard $35 pp, not 100% sure though. They are not allowed in the lounge, courtyard, or deck areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have no longer the guest with fee.

Why don't you just book 2 suites?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have no longer the guest with fee.

Why don't you just book 2 suites?

2 suites = $$$$$$$$$$$

To the OP - you know better than anyone here if you would be comfortable with this many in the same suite - since you have been in this suite before.

If you do attempt to book another cabin, do NOT wait until you board. Call now.

I don't think there's any way to book a second room for sleeping and still keep all the original occupants in the haven room for the benefits. You would have to double book people on the cruise and I don't believe that is allowed.

I don't think there's any way to book a second room for sleeping and still keep all the original occupants in the haven room for the benefits. You would have to double book people on the cruise and I don't believe that is allowed.

That is correct. I think some people have done it but in the past, not recently posted about it.

Basically, that would be like wanting to buy haven perks for a non suite guest at the minimal charge for #3-6 guests.

Perhaps NCL got wise to this scheme.

Now, the tradeoff is haven perks for all 6 if you are willing to cram into the 2-bedroom. I know I wouldn't.

I doubled booked my son in November 2016 on the Getaway. Since they were running 3/4 free I only had to pay the taxes. my son kept his original room (a studio) but had a key card for the haven.

We sailed last August at six in an H4 and surprisingly it was doable. We have stayed in Haven before and wanted to again this trip. My mom took us all on the cruise.

It was my mom, my dh and myself, my dd-23, ds-19 and my dd's boyfriend.

My mom and ds took the master. He is 6'4" and needed the bed.

My dh, dd and I took the second bedroom. My dh is a big guy and I am 5'6"/120 lbs and we fit fine (REALLY) on the bed that was made from the couch, so we are big/average and were able to fit.

My dd had the bunk above us.

My dd's boyfriend slept on the couch made into a bed in the living room.

We all kept the cabin clean and everything was put away in it's place, that is the key.

I did find out once we got home that sometimes my dd's boyfriend changed on the balcony LOL, I guess he thought it was quicker than waiting for a bathroom? :p

I know a while ago there was someone (or two) that double booked a cabin. I don't know why that can't be allowed if you are paying but not sure if it is still being done. If not and you really want to have the Haven, maybe get a couples spa pass for 2 adults or if the teens are 18-older and use it for not only the spa but for the showers?

We really didn't have issues with the showers, we just all made it work.

Let us know what you decide.

I remember way back, someone was able to double book. So they booked all 6 in the Haven suite and then they booked another inside cabin. The 2 people sharing the inside were booked both in the inside cabin and in the Haven suite since it's capacity is 6.

I'm sure this will take an act of God to get a PCC to be able to figure out how to do this. But I do remember this exact situation being discussed here on cc.

If they tell you it can't be done I would make things work with everyone in the Haven suite. Maybe you rotate who has to sleep in the living room area and shares the bathroom. You don't want to forfeit the suite perks when the room's capacity is 6 people.

I doubled booked my son in November 2016 on the Getaway. Since they were running 3/4 free I only had to pay the taxes. my son kept his original room (a studio) but had a key card for the haven.

I'd be interested in the details on how you managed to do this. Booked through NCL of a travel agent? Slight difference in spelling of the name? Used passport info only for one cabin? The only way NCL let this happen is they thought it was two different people.

As mentioned, it has been done in the past but NCL is clamping down on certain Haven loopholes.

The "adults in suite, minors in connecting...all get Haven..." has pretty much been shut down. Although, even on the newest builds, there are still connecting staterooms for suites/balcony (H7 and H6) so there is still a chance. Even if the official word from NCL is "no" as far as letting others have Haven access, the concierge can allow the opposite (such as grandpa in a studio traveling with his Haven family).

For the OP, the main issue is the sleeping arrangement. Who sleeps where, rotate mid-week, etc. needs to be worked out now instead of later.

I'd be interested in the details on how you managed to do this. Booked through NCL of a travel agent? Slight difference in spelling of the name? Used passport info only for one cabin? The only way NCL let this happen is they thought it was two different people.

Hi Ate'

I booked the cruise myself, no TA. I read here on CC that sometimes when you arrange with the pre-concierge family members can board with you. So I sent a request for my son to board with us. I was told no he could not, but I had the option of double booking him in our room. When I got that email I did a happy dance! I've been in a suite many times unable to use most of the perks because I wasn't going to leave my son alone.

Anyway, so I called the 800 number and asked to double book my son. The rep said she couldn't do it, and talked to her supervisor who said it couldn't be done. So now I was upset, so another email off to pre-concierge. I received a reply to go though my travel agent. Aaauuuggghhh now I feel like I'm getting the run around.

I complain to my hubby and he makes a call to the pre-concierge. A few minutes later hubby calls me back and tells me that my son is officially double booked. I once again do the happy [emoji126][emoji4]

When we got to the ship DS check in with us, in our room. Once upstairs the concierge fixed his keycard for his room instead of ours. When we ate at the restaurant he had to use his card... ours no longer had him in our room.

Sorry for being so wordy, but just wanted to let you know not everyone knows how to do a double booking, but it is possible. And on the ship the crew knew exactly what to do, so I'm sure I'm not the only person who was able to.