Tell me what you love about Summit

garnet115

For those of you who did snorkeling, would you recommend the Devil's Isle or the Catamaran one the last day in Bermuda? It looks like the catamaran one on the last day is the only time that snorkel is offered. I tried to find an excursion post but was not able to find one that worked for this question. Also for those in Bermuda, was the ship by a dock or did you have to tender and how long do the ferries take to St. George or Hamilton? How long does the ferry take to America's Cup Village?

I can't answer the questions about the snorkeling excursions, but I can about the port and ferry service. The ship always docks at King's Wharf, and the ferry to Hamilton is a closer and shorter ride than the one to St. George. Hamilton is about 30-35 minutes, St George is about 45-60 minutes. As for America's Cup Village public transport info, check here: http://www.acbda.bm/transport/

Re Snorkeling ~ a tour to coral reefs is much better than the ones that go to sunken ships. It has been years since we snorkeled in Bermuda, so I cannot confidently give a specific recommendation. Having said that, the water is usually so clear, and the sights getting to the dive location are great. You will have a good time.

To answer the OP's question, there's a lot to love about the Summit! I've sailed on the ship several times-- mostly to Bermuda--but there is one transition cruise from San Juan back to Bayonne in the group and this September will be my first experience of the Canada/New England itinerary on the ship. The convenience of having a port so close to home is a very big attraction, but the ship and its Captain(s), officers and crew are the main reasons why my family and I(especially my DM)love the Summit. Every Captain we've met has been very pleasant and personable(Capt. Kate wins hands down, though, her daily announcements on board are the best so far and her selfie game is really good!). Service has consistently been excellent and while the ship is not the most modern in its decor and needs a bit of TLC, it's never been anything that's so terrible or catastrophic that I would never sail on the Summit again.

There have been a few people asking about the nightly entertainment, and I lend my voice to theirs in asking how people viewed this. Did you like it, dislike it? I have some clients going on this ship, and I have not had the pleasure of being on it before, so I wanted to see what the general consensus was. Thanks!

I've done the Bermuda itinerary many times before on NCL and love the port, but decided we needed a change of scenery on the ship. Tell me what you love about Summit! Any must see/do activities and entertainment? Out of the way spots to enjoy the ocean breezes? Don't miss meals?

The only thing I love more than being on a cruise is planning for one, so tell me what I should be planning for and getting excited about!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the Summit. Unlike NCL- the public spaces all have views of the sea. From the buffet- to the restaurants, bars, and the Revelations Lounge at the bow. The pool area is very pretty- much more attractive than NCL. The pool is not kid-centric. The Solarium pool with the Aqua Spa Cafe is lovely. The lighter food served there is worth trying. I really like the Cafe Bacio on Deck 5 midship. There is a fee for the coffee, but the snacks are free. They serve finger sandwiches, pastries and sweets (all free). I haven't eaten at Sushi on Five but I liked that restaurant when it was Bistro on Five. It's small and intimate. Qsine is unique but WAY too much food. I recommend getting there as soon as it opens- to snag a window seat. I don't recommend the Persian Gardens on Summit- it's a windowless room and not very inviting. Go see it before booking a day pass. It's complimentary with a spa treatment though. I can't wait to watch movies on the Rooftop Terrace, deck 12.

Entertainment on Celebrity is hit and miss. I usually like the magicians, illustionists and comedians, but the production shows make me laugh for some reason. They just seem corny. There is sometimes a really nice Cirque D' Soleil type act but I'm not sure it's on Summit.

I just did Breakaway to Bermuda and had a nice time, but when I saw the Summit sail by- I wished I was on her. Summit is a lovely ship and the complaints about decor being old or dated- is not my experience on Summit. I last sailed her two years ago- after it has been Solsticized and it was gorgeous with lovely furnishings. The bathrooms are older, but nothing bad about them IMO.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Just off the Summit on6/4. Great views of the America's Cup qualifiers from the back of the ship.

Service was great...starting with Captain Kate who is so visible and approachable.

I was on the Breakaway last July and enjoyed it, but the Summit wins big time. Alice

There have been a few people asking about the nightly entertainment, and I lend my voice to theirs in asking how people viewed this. Did you like it, dislike it? I have some clients going on this ship, and I have not had the pleasure of being on it before, so I wanted to see what the general consensus was. Thanks!

I thought the entertainment was pretty good.

They had a group that played a lot of classic mainstream rock. They were all over the ship, poolside, bars, etc, and they were fantastic. Really enjoyed them.

Personally, I do not cruise for the entertainment, but, I can say that I was pleased with it on my cruise.

I thought the entertainment was pretty good.

They had a group that played a lot of classic mainstream rock. They were all over the ship, poolside, bars, etc, and they were fantastic. Really enjoyed them.

Personally, I do not cruise for the entertainment, but, I can say that I was pleased with it on my cruise.

If entertainment is a high priority Royal Caribbean is the best. While the Celebrity entertainment is good, it isn't great. It is on par with Princess and Carnival. Sometimes the martini bar has loud not good music on during the evening when the live entertainment is finished or during breaks. But overall a very good ship or we wouldn't have sailed her 7 times