Shareholder Benefit (OBC Not applicable to reservations made prior to Jan 17, 2017???

cranel

The NCLH Shareholder Benefits FAQs on their website: http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.cfm states in paragraph 7 that "Offer is valid only for new reservations made on or after January 7, 2017". Is this true? and if so, does anyone know the rational behind this decision?
The Shareholder Benefit applies to cruises booked both before and after January 7, 2017. We booked our 14 day 2/5/2017 Jewel Panama Canal cruise towards the end of Nov 2015. At that time cruises 14 days or longer received $250 Shareholder Benefit OBC (now requires 15 days or longer). On Jan 25, 2017 I emailed my Stock Ownership Proof and Shareholder Benefit Request Form to NCL with a handwritten note on it requesting $250 OBC since cruise was booked January 29, 2015 when $250 OBC was for cruises 14 or more days. They emailed me an updated Amenity Confirmation page showing the $250 Stockholder OBC along with our other amenities.

On May 1, 2017 we booked the 8 day Alaska cruise on the Jewel leaving May 5th. I emailed stock ownership info and OBC request to NCL and received updated Amenity Confirmation showing $100 Stockholder OBC the next day.

We have really enjoyed our Stockholder OBC benefit and the stock has done quite well too :D

The NCLH Shareholder Benefits FAQs on their website: http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.cfm states in paragraph 7 that "Offer is valid only for new reservations made on or after January 7, 2017". Is this true? and if so, does anyone know the rational behind this decision?

There must have been some other change in the offer, but I don't see it. We booked before and after 1/7/17 and got the OBC.

They renewed the offer and put a new start date on it. I think they do this every year, without necessarily making any changes to the details of the offer. It doesn't mean that the offer is no longer valid for cruises booked before that date (no, it doesn't say that anywhere, but that is the current interpretation, thank goodness).

There is also an implicit end date on the offer, which is whenever they want ("reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer at any time without notice"). Who knows, next year they may decide not to renew the offer at all, so take advantage of it while it lasts…

So,,,, Hawkeyetlse makes a good point. Since we cruise several times a year (and don't want to forget the shareholder OBC), as part of the booking process, we email the shareholder request. Usually on the same day. And the shareholder office usually applies the credit to the reservation in 1-2 days.

And you never know when a perk will go away. If it changes for the better, you can always ask for the better deal.

One problem I have observed watching the stock market with the intention of buying NCL stock is the LACK of DIVIDENDS

paid like other cruise lines. Having shares in a cruise line that doesn't pay dividends or other compensation is like having a

bank account where your money doesn't earn any interest.

Yes getting an OBC break is nice if nothing else but unless one is a frequent cruiser having money parked in a stock without

any further rewards IMO is not worth it.

FRIDAY MARKET CLOSE:

NCL (NCLH) 49.34 Dividend $0.00 - Annual Yield based on 100 shares and quarterly dividends = $0.00

CUK (Carnival) 61.74 Dividend $0.40 - Annual Yield based on 100 shares and quarterly dividends = $160.00

RCL (Royal Caribbean) 106.15 Dividend $0.48 - Annual yield on 100 shares and quarterly dividends = $192.00

One closing question for those who have received the OBC stock benefit is the OBC refundable or non (use it or lose it) ?

• 1 year later...

The website doesn't seem to be working. What are the requirements/minimum stock ownership to be able to participate?