4th of July

licram

Glad to hear that as I have family that will be aboard and they will love it:halo:

Ummm, I don't think you're understanding. I can't imagine there would be US INDEPENDENCE Day celebrations in the isles we gained independence from....just saying...

But I will find out this coming July 4, when I will celebrate my 60th :eek: aboard the Royal in Kotor, Montenegro...it will be my first b-day without being in a sea of red-white-blue! Not sure how I feel about that... But it certainly will be different! :')

Happy Sailing!!

Ummm, I don't think you're understanding. I can't imagine there would be US INDEPENDENCE Day celebrations in the isles we gained independence from....just saying...

That's what I was thinking. Why would England celebrate the losing of the war "over the pond"? Someone asked me the same question when I went to Canada. Do they celebrate July the 4th? No, why would they celebrate another country's holiday. Canada does celebrate July 1st.

OK, Folks, I was trying to be funny. When I taught history, one of the questions I would ask my students (As we were studying the Revolution) "Do they have a Fourth of July in England?". Don't ask what grade level but I could bet on 50% telling me that they did not:D. Certainly opened up discussion about reading and understanding just what each question was asking.

I have been on cruises outside US boarders for the 4th and have some sort of celebration on most of them. Early cruises (1955-1976), I remember some having limited fireworks but none since. I do think that Disney had or still has nightly fireworks on their ships.

But I will find out this coming July 4, when I will celebrate my 60th :eek: aboard the Royal in Kotor, Montenegro...it will be my first b-day without being in a sea of red-white-blue! Not sure how I feel about that... But it certainly will be different! :')

Happy Sailing!!

It's what's in your heart that counts, not where you are.

Very odd. American Independence (from Britain) Day celebrated in the British Isles.... Not likely.

I have my own special take on holidays. I "made a deal" with other nations. For instance with France and Mexico. They don't celebrate the 4th of July and I don't celebrate Bastille Day or Cinco de Mayo. I have the same "deal" with all other countries. It works out well for me. ;p