Diamond Status questions

We just returned from a transatlantic on board the Serenade. There were so many Diamond guests that the Safari Lounge was private for Diamond members between 5:30 and 8:30. There is a "special" drink menu for this happy hour. In other words, no Absolute vodka or top shelf alcohol, But the bartenders get creative and can make a great chocolate martini. :D

...my wife's favorite thanks to Hepe on Navigator this past December. ;)

For those of us who are not drinkers, are these magic vouchers good for a soft drink at dinner time? ... .

The vouchers are good for soft drinks. You may have to grab one on your way to the dining room if the ship you are on does not honor the vouchers in the dining room.

Last year on our Allure TA the Dazzles night club, Jazz on 4 and the Blaze were all closed for the Diamond cocktail private party each night 5pm to 8:30 as well as the D lounge. All were packed each night even though the voucher system was in place. We were told that over 3000 free cocktails were served each night. Maybe that's why drink prices keep going up. happy cruising

The vouchers are loaded only onto the Diamond member cards at three each so only those individuals can receive the drinks. They also can only be used one at a time per SeaPass card.

My only point was describing how it is intended to work.

I don't remember seeing or hearing anything from RCI on their intended use in terms of multiple drinks at a time.I don't believe the purchased drink package rules apply here.

If I may ask--are you switching from Celebrity or just trying Allure?
No we are not leaving Celebrity, but after being on Constellation around India we wanted to try a big ship with loads of entertainment. Actually after a 7 day on Allure we will be going straight on to a 7 day on Silhouette. Possibly for a rest!

Thank you all for your replies