New to Norwegian, need clarification on cancellation policy

smileyone

I booked a cruise for next year for four people. The deposit was $100. I've seen the cancellation fee schedule on Ncl site but wanted to clarify. Let's say I make another payment of $1000 but later need to cancel way before the final payment date, how much money would I loose. Thanks in advance for your help.

Smileyone

Upcoming Vista; past cruises Magic, Sunshine, Fascination, Dream, Pride, Liberty, Triumph, Glory, and Fantasy

I'm a big believer of not making payments on cruises before I need to. If you want to put the money aside, put it in a savings account and let it earn interest for you, rather than the cruise line. Besides, should you need to cancel before final payment date, why create a situation where you have to wait for your money? Heaven forbid you really need the money urgently, if it's in a savings account you will have immediate access to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What you have paid is different than what is possibly refunded.

They charge a CANCEL FEE. The balance comes back to you. The cancel fee/charge is 25% or 50% or 75% or 100% of the cruise price. For all of those, you would have paid the FULL price of the cruise already and passed the number of days indicated.

If you are outside the final payment date (on the good side), you get all your money back no matter how much you have paid.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Thanks everyone for your responses. Can't wait for this first NCL cruise. I'm heading out on my 10th Carnival cruise next month and am ready to try something new.

Upcoming Vista; past cruises Magic, Sunshine, Fascination, Dream, Pride, Liberty, Triumph, Glory, and Fantasy

I sailed NCL Getaway last January---my first NCL cruise after 5 Carnival and 2 RCCL cruises, and I LOVED it!! You will too. I just love the Freestyle Cruising concept! No need to pack all that formal wear, and eat where ever you want when ever you want! Fabulous! And the Getaway was a fabulous ship! Coupled with the perk of a beverage package--it was a perfect vacation! What ship are you cruising? Enjoy! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a big believer of not making payments on cruises before I need to. If you want to put the money aside, put it in a savings account and let it earn interest for you, rather than the cruise line. Besides, should you need to cancel before final payment date, why create a situation where you have to wait for your money?
Because cruise prices seem to be going through the roof and go up monthly it seems. I can save more money by booking a cruise two years early than any low interest from some bank is going to pay out on it. Earn $40 in interest versus paying an extra $300 to $1000 to ???? by foolishly waiting to book late. Prices don't drop anymore, they go up 90% of the time. Unless you're just taking about putting a deposit early and nothing more ......

Because cruise prices seem to be going through the roof and go up monthly it seems. I can save more money by booking a cruise two years early than any low interest from some bank is going to pay out on it. Earn $40 in interest versus paying an extra $300 to $1000 to ???? by foolishly waiting to book late. Prices don't drop anymore, they go up 90% of the time. Unless you're just taking about putting a deposit early and nothing more ......

The post your quoted isn't talking about when the cruise is booked. It was responding to the OPs suggestion that they may make further payments earlier than required.

The cruise is already booked.

I sailed NCL Getaway last January---my first NCL cruise after 5 Carnival and 2 RCCL cruises, and I LOVED it!! You will too. I just love the Freestyle Cruising concept! No need to pack all that formal wear, and eat where ever you want when ever you want! Fabulous! And the Getaway was a fabulous ship! Coupled with the perk of a beverage package--it was a perfect vacation! What ship are you cruising? Enjoy! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be cruising on the Escape to Bermuda. Glad to hear you have enjoyed NCL. Freestyle cruising sounds great to me.

We will be cruising on the Escape to Bermuda. Glad to hear you have enjoyed NCL. Freestyle cruising sounds great to me.

One thing we loved was that the late evening/night food options couldn't be beat! On our RCCL cruises, you have almost nothing available late night, except pizza at Sorrentos or perhaps a sandwich at the Promenade Cafe. But the Getaway offered O'Sheehan's Irish Pub that was open 24 hours with a full menu--totally complimentary! And the buffet opened back up for late evening snacks every single night from 9:30-11:00!! I'm sure all that will be on the Escape for you, too. And we thoroughly enjoyed the Waterfront! I loved sitting out there with a Mojito from the Sugarcane Mojito bar!

What you have paid is different than what is possibly refunded.

They charge a CANCEL FEE. The balance comes back to you. The cancel fee/charge is 25% or 50% or 75% or 100% of the cruise price. For all of those, you would have paid the FULL price of the cruise already and passed the number of days indicated.

If you are outside the final payment date (on the good side), you get all your money back no matter how much you have paid.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

The link is for cruises booked in the US directly with NCL. Cruises booked with non-US NCL sites or cruises booked through travel agents may have different (more restrictive) cancellation fees/penalties (e.g., loss of deposit regardless of when you cancel).

I booked a cruise for next year for four people. The deposit was $100. I've seen the cancellation fee schedule on Ncl site but wanted to clarify. Let's say I make another payment of $1000 but later need to cancel way before the final payment date, how much money would I loose. Thanks in advance for your help.

Smileyone

If you cancel before the final payment date there is no penalty. You receive 100% of what you have paid as a refund.