Laundry service on Equinox?

cmh

On 10/18/2018 at 5:02 PM, MrJulius said:

Can you send out for ironing only?

Cost, if so?

Thanks,

MrJulius

Here’s the current laundry, dry cleaning and pressing price list. 

Hold onto your socks!

Elite receive 1 bag each in room for wash and fold while elite + receive 2x bags.  If no status they usually have a all you can stuff in paper bag for I believe 24.95 offered near mid point in cruise 

2DA1EFF8-B0D9-4169-B070-CF4AE4AD8008.jpeg

Perfect !!

Thanks Jim

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Here’s the current laundry, dry cleaning and pressing price list. 

Hold onto your socks!

Elite receive 1 bag each in room for wash and fold while elite + receive 2x bags.  If no status they usually have a all you can stuff in paper bag for I believe 24.95 offered near mid point in cruise 

2DA1EFF8-B0D9-4169-B070-CF4AE4AD8008.jpeg

This really irks me about X.

On our upcoming 10 day cruise (5 people), sending items out for pressing would cost a fortune.

I'm ok with my Scrubba to clean a few of the kids clothes and t-shirts, etc if needed, but the lack of ability to iron or steam dress slacks and shirts for my husband and son, or get the inevitable wrinkles out of my dresses, is really annoying.

We just got off the Equinox last week.  Being Elite we each got a bag of laundry.  We only sent, and only ever will send stuff like socks, underwear, workout gear.  I think I also include a couple of t-shirts and a couple of polo shirts (usually hang dry at home) Would never send anything I really like.  All the items came back just fine.  We were also entitled to free dry cleaning and pressing but never needed to take advantage of that.  

Mid cruise they did have a laundry special but it was $49.95 - crazy!

In the past we have done wash in the sink and just hung it to dry.  But now with 2 free bags there is pretty much no need.  And you really don't need pressing, everyone will have wrinkled clothes to some degree.  And I would never pick a cruise based on if they have laundry.  Sure it might cost $50 but compared to the cruise price..... Not really a factor.

Edited by Duanerice1

We now have unlimited free laundry with our room but always managed fine without! We only tend to use it for undies and one or two shirts to be ironed and prior to getting it free we always saw that cost as part of the cruise ‘budget’ along with speciality restaurants and drinks!

Like many frequent cruisers we choose our clothes wisely. Lightweight polo shirts are smart enough for men most evenings, mix and match skirts and tops can be chosen in soft non wrinkle fabrics. If something does need a rinse the sink with a towel dry and hanging on the back of the bathroom door works well.

Cruise Junky, I would never let availablility of an onboard laundromat be a deciding factor for a cruise, let alone a cruise of a lifetime! Choose a hotel before and after your cruise, perhaps with laundry facilities or a laundromat nearby if you really want to. But then just factor in a few $$ if you need/want to freshen up a few things on board. If you use the ‘stuff in a bag’ offers for undies, shorts....it will be a really tiny % of your overall cruise cost.