Walt Disney World

shirlden

Just want to say, that if I were you I would reconsider going to Disney Why? Time constraints.

By the time you ride the bus to get to the ticket and transportation center.

Get on the ferry or Monorail.

Get to the Entrance.

Get through the gate.

Get in line, just an FYI......many people feel this is a slow period, but many still travel.

Wait in line.

Eat

Get in line.

Yea you will have fun, but then it is over

Catch the bus back to port.

I would save this event for a land vacation.

The time goes to fast.

But whatever you decide, come back and tell us how it was.

Safe travel.s

My daughters and grandkids (almost 3 and 4 at the time) did WDW in early Jan/2016. We went 3 days prior to our Disney cruise, and MK was the most crowded. We did manage to get to all the parks, but stayed a full day at MK. We still didn't see everything with the time it took just to get into the park.

I think 7 hours can be done, but you just won't see very much. Is there anyway you could take an extra day and spend a full day at MK, and maybe the shorter day at one of the other parks?

A lot of poster have explained why this may not be the best investment in time or money. However if this is still what you would like to do, I suggest you invest a few dollars in a Disney guide book. They have "one day" plans for families with small children for each park. You may be able to find them on line as well but at least go the the library or store and make some notes from the books. These are well thought out plans given historical traffic patterns.

If you do it well you can see a lot in one day. Having been in mid January, early March and late May, I can say early Feb will be doable but still an exhausting day. Normally we do a Park and have a late lunch then head to the pool for a few hours or for a nap and return for dinner and the evening.

The only hitch to this is IF Mk is early entry that day, the guide books are going to tell you to skip that park. All the resort guests will fill in long before you can get there with the hour plus trip from the ship. If that is the case (you can find that info on the Disney site) then I would advise not to go to MK. Perhaps Animal Kingdom as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure that is is worth the money or effort for only 7 hours. Disney is huge, has long lines and a ton of walking. It is much better to at the very least have the full day, open to close...but it's much more worth while to visit it separately for about a week. There are 4 parks to see, 2 waterparks, and much more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did is once and frankly it was very frustrating. We were not able to get on any "good" rides because fastpasses were mostly booked. We did two days and it just did not work well because we tried o do too much. You really have to stay a week to enjoy wdw. Also it is very expensive for just a day or two. The ticket price goes down significantly about day four or five. Disneyland, in contrast, is fine for a day.

You should definitely go to Disneyworld. Book the cruise ship transfer they usually cost ] $35 per person round trip.

6/7 hours is plenty of time to see and experience a lot during a slow time frame. We went over a busy Presidents week port stop on Anthem and had a blast.

You will too.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

You should definitely go to Disneyworld. Book the cruise ship transfer they usually cost ] $35 per person round trip.

I don't see Walt Disney World transfers offered anymore. Where are they located on the website?

I do see the full excursions offered, but they say, "*THIS IS A PORT OF CALL EXCURSION*".

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

WDW is trying to make it difficult for anyone who wants a day trip anymore. They use magic bands, having to make you do fast passes and book table service places 180 days out before the visit. The prices for per day pp are outrageous. IMHO, I would only go when I could go and do at least a 5 day visit.

I'm in the group that says, don't waste that type of money for such a few amount of hours. Most 5 year old girls would probably love all the Princess stuff and meeting the Princesses, but there are always lines in that area.

I also think the fast past stuff is a little much for us grandparent age folks. When we go, my son is the one booking everything in advance and checking out on the app, what rides have lines, etc.

Me, I have to stop in the shade, take off the sunglasses, pull out my reading glasses, etc . . . . You get my drift I hope.

I've been to Disney over a dozen times but it has really changed over the last few years. There is no "low crowd" time like there used to be. Over the last few years we went once/year during lower crowd forecasted times and it was still a madhouse. Even with staying on property, having 6-7 days to spend there, booking fastpasses ahead of time, etc., we decided it's no longer worth dealing with the crowds+increased prices+decline in customer service for a little bit of "magic." I imagine dealing with all of that in a tiny time slot would be too frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the other poster about reconsidering any of the Disney attraction when visiting Cape Canaveral as a single day port of call.

Here's the time line as I see it going if you get the excursion tickets through the cruise line. This is based on the published itinerary for next Feb on the Pride sailing down to the Bahamas and Cape Canaveral.

5:30/6 am grab a continental breakfast at the Lido. Remember to take a couple of Fruit Loops or Cheerios boxes to stem a tantrum or the "are we there yets?" while on the bus

6:30 am start lining up on deck 1 or 2 to be part of the early off the ship set

7 am customs clears the ship and the crew allows passengers to disembark (this is dependent on no weather related docking delays)

7:30/8 am meet the excursion guide at a rallying point either in the terminal or just outside on the sidewalk. Wait till they have a sufficient number of people checked in with them to be led to one of the transport buses heading to Disney.

8/8:30 am the bus leaves Post Canaveral. Hopefully the tour operator will hands out the single park admission tickets during the 45 - 75 minute to ride from the ship to the Disney property that there will be no wait behind the 45-50 others on this or one of the other buses with you at the group or will call window.

9:15/9:45 am arrive at the Disney transportation center to purchase or validate your fast pass, and seek the fastest way to whichever of the 4 parks you wish to visit.

9:30/10:45 am arrive at the park of your choice from the transportation hub to enjoy the next 4.5 to 5 hours of rides and shows

Remember to allow 30-45 minutes for a fast food or cafeteria style lunch for the little one.

2:30/3 pm start making your way back to the transportation hub for the return trip to the cruise port

3:30/4 pm the last bus loads and starts back to the port area.

5/5:30 pm the last of the transport buses returns to the ship

6 pm sail away time for the ship ad time for first MDR seating for dinner.

Not what I really would call a relaxing day. DH and I did go into Orlando the last time we sailed the Pride with this itinerary, but we rented a vehicle Enterprise taking their shuttle from the port to the Coco Beach office (Budget and Avis also have shuttles) begging the agent for a rushed check through ($10 tip does wonders) that we could be at SeaWorld by 9 am ahead of the 10 am Trainer for a day tour we scheduled. Since the car rental office closes at 5 pm we still had to leave the Orlando area between 3:30 and 4 pm. again rushing the clerk so we could make the last shuttle to the ship. (We were too cheap to pay for the extra day rental that we could drop off after the office closed and take a cab back to port.)

If wanting to do Disney and a cruise with younger family members, personally I would opt to fly or take the auto-train down to central FL . Stay at one of the multiple hotels that has free shuttle service (not only to DIsney but to all the Orlando attractions if not directly on Disney property) for 2-4 nights getting the flex tickets, then take 3-5 day cruise out of Cape Canaveral.

If you are planning it for a port stop day, I'd say don't do it. WDW is a pretty good drive from PC, and if there is a delay on I-4 (a good bet that there will be with all the construction going on now) that will just take more time off your day.

If you're going before or after a cruise that leaves from PC, then yes, I'd go. We just got back from a longer (9 day) trip with our 4year old and 20 month old grandkids - had a blast. Not our first trip, we've been many many times, but always find something new to do.

I'd get magic bands - you can add more after you've done the 3 you can book so don't book 2 early in the day and the 3rd later... get all 3 early. Make reservations for a sit-down lunch - I'd do the Crystal Palace - it's a buffet and Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eyeore come to your table. Great photo ops. Food is good, too. Try to get by without carrying a purse or any other kind of bag, avoid the longer lines at the entrance. You won't really need anything other than your magic band and phone or camera anyway. If you can, stay for the new Happily Ever After nighttime show - it's pretty impressive.

I agree...you will NOT have time to see all of the "Magic Kingdom"....maybe 1/4 of it...that's about it. Huge amount of $$$ for little return!

Wait until your Granddaughter is about 8..then, she can truly appreciate the "magic" that is Disney...she won't get tired of walking and waiting in lines, like she would now...and do it as a LAND vacation. You need 2 full days to see all the the Magic Kingdom...and the other parks within Disney take AT LEAST a full day...but you could spend more time easily!

This is not something you do in 7 hours. Takes about 30 mins to get INTO the park from the parking lot!

I have never stayed at a Disney property and always been able to get my fast passes well in advance -- I was able to get fast passes a couple weeks ago for early fall as I have company coming that wants to go to Disney. Glad I got them before things changed.

Seems strange they would eliminate the ability to use the Disney App to reserve fast passes in advance but I am sure someone in some office somewhere figured out a good reason to change this. Thanks flip flop lady for letting us know.

You've booked fastpasses already for the fall? I've never heard of anyone being able to book fastpasses more than 60 days out. We are staying on property in August before our cruise and our fastpass window opens next month. It's been like this for years. :confused: 60 days for resort guests and 30 days for non-resort guests.

I would go to Animal Kingdom. So much to see and the emphasis is mostly on the animals, less on the rides.

Animal Kingdom will quite literally be a ZOO over the next year with Pandora opening today. It will be very crowded with people wanting to check out the new area.

To answer the OP's question, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney, but I don't think it would be worth it to do it the way you have planned. You would only get a small taste of what WDW has to offer. I would suggest taking a separate trip with your grandchild and spending 4 days minimum to really experience it.

"The Orlando FlexTicket will not be available in 2017." https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/orlando-flexticket/

Also just to be clear the flex ticket did not include the Disney parks.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Since when did Disney stop offering the multi-day flex park tickets over the multi-day single park ones? Or did they change back to being only available to just on property guests like it was in the late 80's & early 90's.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Since when did Disney stop offering the multi-day flex park tickets over the multi-day single park ones? Or did they change back to being only available to just on property guests like it was in the late 80's & early 90's.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

You're confusing the flex ticket with the Disney park hopper.

I use a service at touringplans.com that for a very small cost gives you a really accurate touring plan for a Disney park for any given day, including fast passes you might be able to book. If you have a smart phone you can check and amend it while in the park, other wise you can take a printout. My DH was sceptical but by the end of our day in the Magic Kingdom I only had to say 'the plan knows' to get his compliance with the Plan ! Cost is about $12.

Just to help everyone understand why I want to do it as a shore excursion of only 7 hours is because of 2 reasons: I can't really afford to go to Disney for days hotel and airfare.The other more important one I live in Pa so that would mean flying my husband is so deathly afraid of planes and he does not want me getting on one either ( I tell him all the time planes are safer than cars and he gets in 1 of them everyday). It is a 21 hour drive which is too much for me. I am not looking at this as the time of our lives it is something to do at that port of call and the little bit of research of reviews for this excursion sounds like if you go with a plan and organized it's a great excursion. I have never been to Disney neither has my grand daughter so there isn't any must see or must do things that we have to do. This is the only way I will be able to take her to Disney and because I really don't know anything about Disney whatever we do I am sure will be fun. Everyone has given great information however now I am in doubt as to whether we should do this shore excursion which kind of breaks my heart because this is something I really wanted to do for her and probably the only opportunity. Thank you everyone for the great advice.

I do not know what time your ship arrives so it is impossible to offer specific advice. BUT - please know there are much more to Disney than the rides.

The parades for example. Or the character meet&greets. Or the children events throughout the park such as the photo shoots. Heck, even just the monorail ride is fun.

You can spend a wonderful afternoon at Disney without doing a single ride and without the frustration of standing in lines everywhere.

But you may want to pick one ride and ensure you optimize the wait. The rest of the time just walk around slowly and soak it all in.

Without disagreeing with those who say it is too much, too expensive and not enough time - I say, GO FOR IT!

Even the most basic experience at Disney is still magical.

Thank you Steerage Joe this is exactly what I was looking for I can actually care less about the rides we take her to six flags and other amusement parks all the time, however I would like her to get a few rides in. It's more about the magical experience.