How much additional gratuity?

I know this is personal choice but I just wondered what rule of thumb others use for tipping above standard gratuities for room attendants and dining staff when the service is excellent? Especially on shorter 4-5 day cruises..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know this is personal choice but I just wondered what rule of thumb others use for tipping above standard gratuities for room attendants and dining staff when the service is excellent? Especially on shorter 4-5 day cruises..

Very subjective question. When we've made good use of the concierge lounge and I really like the Concierge and servers, I'll duke them up to $100 each. Of course we're in there every night having drinks.

In the other bars it depends on the level of service and friendliness. Maybe an extra twenty here or there. Dining staff is the same - I don't tip the regular staff as much esp if we are using the specialty dining (who I usually tip $20 on top of the standard fare).

Cabin Steward just depends on the level of service or attentiveness. Sometimes just the minimum other times as much as an extra $50.

I should mention that these would be my amounts for a 7 day cruise. I would prorate for a shorter cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My wife's method is what we use...We take what we would pay for a tip at a nice restaurant and multiply that by the number of nights we eat in the main dining room. That is our total for the cruise in the MDR. As for the room stewards, we take into account what we tip a maid at a nice hotel and also take into account that they come to the room twice per day.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

In the Concierge Lounge, I give $10 the first night and every other night. Our room attendants are usually great so give about $75 - $100

additionally at the end of the cruise. They are so worth it to me to pay a little bit more.

For above-expected service on 9-10 night cruises, I usually tip $20-40 extra, depending on the amount of interaction and the service provided. I would imagine $10-20 for 4-5 nighters?

Rich

Between non and a million dollars.

If you've paid the auto grats, the recommended amount need I remind, why the overpowering urge to tip yet again, if you go out on land and tip the suggested amount do you get an overwhelming desire to tip yet more.

We give cash tip of $20 at end of cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We keep our cabin tidy and bring all our own toiletries so all the cabin steward has to do is change towels and make bed so he never has to do anything extra but as a thanks i usually give $30 on top of prepaid tips on a 7 night cruise.

In the Diamond lounge i now give a dollar for every drink we get.

If you've paid the auto grats, the recommended amount need I remind, why the overpowering urge to tip yet again, if you go out on land and tip the suggested amount do you get an overwhelming desire to tip yet more.

If the service warrants it YES

I always tip the generally accepted 15% in a restaurant unless the server is rude or otherwise personally responsible for a less than par experience. Generally I tip 20% or more. I tend to write reviews and share my opinions and if the service is good I mention the staff by name who made it special. I do the same when completing my survey or writing a cruise review.

Can't disagree with your thinking i just think some of us are soft in the head.

The room attendant always gets a extra something. Anyone who has to deal with toilets deserves extra. I would not want to deal with 20 toilets a day 2x a day. I would quite.

I agree even though that is the job they want to do i have always given extra to the cabin stewards.