Stateroom TV On board account tracking.

BaWBarmy

I have recently returned from a very enjoyable trip to the Norwegian Fjords on the Jade. I set up my iConcierge app, checked my account and noticed that my OBC was not showing. Thinking that the app may not have updated I tried to view my account on the Stateroom TV. I could not find it anywhere. I finally went to the OBC counter at customer services where I was told that you can no longer access your account on the stateroom TV's.

It seems the only way to keep track of your spending is to have the iConcierge app or take a daily trip to customer services.

The iConcierge app does work but not as well as it should. It constantly needs to be force closed and restarted before it updates your info. I didn't use it for anything else, just keeping an eye on my account.

I have recently returned from a very enjoyable trip to the Norwegian Fjords on the Jade.

I finally went to the OBC counter at customer services where I was told that you can no longer access your account on the stateroom TV's.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. We are looking forward to a similar trip on Jade in August, 2018.

That's disappointing news about the account info no longer available on the TV. I, too, never found the app accurate, but the TV (Epic and Dawn) always was. I wonder if this is fleetwide

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

We were on the recent Jade TA and downloaded the app. For us, the account info was about the only thing that worked. Once in a while I could view menus but could never make reservations. Tracking our account was helpful as I quickly noted an errant charge. We had two beers with supper but got charged for the beer and four other drinks. Still took three trips to reception to get it straight but glad I could deal with it before the last day.

It was never available on the Jade on our previous cruises (no interactive TV), but we haven't been on since the dry dock. Are you saying that the TV is now interactive, but it doesn't have the onboard account summary function? That would be strange, and disappointing. What functions does it have? Restaurant reservations?

Our experience 4 weeks ago on the Gem is different, so it's a case Y.M.M.V. and perhaps just a heads up for those sailing on the Jade.

The iConcierge App hasn't been updated since late 2015 with the codes & patches, etc. - not very good, IMO. Perhaps it's a "pushed" feature, the (new ?) Vacation Planner (reminder) function was working - last year, one couldn't see restaurant, show & shorex reservations booked or confirmed - now we could. We could view our individual OB account charges posted but not the totals for the stateroom (suites, etc.)

Stateroom TV has gone interactive, LG branded 22" (maybe it was 24") HDTV, but not 1080p, at best 720p - which is fine & what I would expect ... given the bandwidth requirement (as it's over cat-5 or cat-6 wiring, not coaxial or cable style input) We could view the OB account charges individually and for the entire stateroom, in details and sort them (a bit slow, but, worked) ... thankfully, far better than analog TV monitors not long ago.

Other features like PPV movies, cabin messaging and dining info, etc. were all available via the TV - just like the *Away ships that we're accustomed to. Perhaps, this is unique & specific to Jade ... hopefully, their I.T. can upgrade the functions onboard their ship's servers ... fewer trip to Guest Services (and, one time I went down there on a sea day, the line was short).

dcf66f7634f9cf24fde5191dd7303028.jpg

Sidenote: HDMI port was switchable & I've managed, just for fun, hooked up my Roku streaming TV stick (complicated setup, need one's own MiFi hotspot/router ... but, it is "possible")

28f7a15b01c872e7859e7567cbfdc8d8.jpg

Thanks for note that the HDMI port was selectable. We often load movies, shows on the IPAD to watch while traveling and have the cable to connect to HDMI. Not sure from your post, but I think you were on the Gem?

We are doing the Jade and assume with the latest "drydock" earlier this year, maybe it is updated.

And, maybe they are still working through some software updates over time.

TV is still not interactive.

OBC was all credited to one account. This was after the original visit to customer service and they told us it was just a delay in the iConcierge app updating. An hour later the OBC was there but all against one name. Every other transaction, debit and credit, was put against the one account.

The daily activities list never agreed with the Daily News sheet. The sheet was correct.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Our experience 4 weeks ago on the Gem is different, so it's a case Y.M.M.V. and perhaps just a heads up for those sailing on the Jade.

Stateroom TV has gone interactive...

TV system on Gem has always been interactive, Gem was the only Jewel class ship to have it from the start (Gem is also the last non-megaship, next was Epic that also had iConcierge).

Thanks for note that the HDMI port was selectable. We often load movies, shows on the IPAD to watch while traveling and have the cable to connect to HDMI ... We are doing the Jade and assume with the latest "drydock" earlier this year, maybe it is updated ...

Yes, that was the Gem 4 weeks ago ... I was really surprised that the HDMI port was switchable, expected it to be firmware locked down (like many hotel TV systems in the U.S. these days) and the LG branded remote was fully functional, not one of those institutional remote w. limited functions. All that could change very easily from their end.

I should note, the system/TV would start & boot up and run a mini-routine, perhaps a mini Linux-based OS codes - as the signal wasn't OTA but via cat-5 or cat-6 wiring. The LG has several HDMI inputs as well as other input but always defaulted when restarting or powering up. I did not bring my HDMI cable for a direct hookup to "cast" - which I did on the Breakaway with the Sony Viao notebook PC, simple & easy - without messing with SSiD & other hotspot functions/settings on my end.

The HDMI side-port is on the left side for the LG, work space is tight but doable to insert one's own HDMI cable, a small LED or smartphone flashlight will help one see. Good luck.

I should note, the system/TV would start & boot up and run a mini-routine, perhaps a mini Linux-based OS codes - as the signal wasn't OTA but via cat-5 or cat-6 wiring. The LG has several HDMI inputs as well as other input but always defaulted when restarting or powering up. I did not bring my HDMI cable for a direct hookup to "cast" - which I did on the Breakaway with the Sony Viao notebook PC, simple & easy - without messing with SSiD & other hotspot functions/settings on my end.

I'll run this through an online language translator, selecting "DorkTech to English"

I know you're trying to be helpful:)