Charges for room service

balf

No panic it's not happened here yet, but P&O have recently imposed charges for room service.

Could this happen any time soon here? Or would this be a step too far for White Star Service Cunard.

David.

Most room service items are free of charge however there are some exceptions to this, please see the *room service menu for an idea of costs.

Also, from May 2017 we are introducing an exciting new range of chargeable items to the menu.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/room_service

I believe that now all room service items are chargeable, except breakfast. Very recent change apparently.

David.

I believe that now all room service items are chargeable, except breakfast. Very recent change apparently.

David.

Yes, it is very recent and not going down at all well with the passengers!

There's already talk of carrying things from the buffet back to your cabin and the problems that will create.

Would the same conversations occur if they do bring this in on Cunard? Could be interesting on QM2 considering the large distances involved!

Yes, it is very recent and not going down at all well with the passengers!

There's already talk of carrying things from the buffet back to your cabin and the problems that will create.

Would the same conversations occur if they do bring this in on Cunard? Could be interesting on QM2 considering the large distances involved!

And the fact that they've now got rid of the trays in the buffet.

I personally think it will happen on Cunard "any time soon".

Carnival have no shame when it comes to making money. My wife and I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed the good times when it was CUNARD. Every time we go on a Cunard voyage now things have changed, and not for the better, extra costs, items removed, bedtime chocolate smaller, nasty plastic pens, cheaper shampoo, even the loo rolls are that thin you can see though the sheets, the removal of trays in the Buffett a disgrace, many elderly and disabled people find it difficult carrying one hot plate then going back for other dishes , they say a members of staff will help you, they are busy enough the people who create these rules are not the people have to do the extra work, On birthdays free cake for the table now chargeable, we used to see the waiters singing happy birthday at tables, now it hargly happens. I have said many times the only thing that never changes, the crew members they are wonderful people who are always willing to help, with a smile on their face.:mad::loudcry:

No panic it's not happened here yet, but P&O have recently imposed charges for room service.

Could this happen any time soon here? Or would this be a step too far for White Star Service Cunard.

David.

If Cunard follows suit, so what? We are on vacation, and the amount of charge being rumoured is negligible, and would not mar, in any way, one's cruise enjoyment.