Back to back cruise Vista suite bar setup

golfguyhhi

I have never seen anyone mention this and my search didn't turn up any threads that shed any light on this subject:

I've booked a Vista for a back to back. I know that the Vista includes a 6-bottle bar setup, which I think should mean for each cruise, rather than a single setup on day 1 of the first cruise.

Am I correct on this?

My cruise is 17 days (a 10 day and a 7 day that O has combined into a Grand Voyage) followed by a 7 day segment. Do you think it is possible to order all 12 bottles upon starting cruise 1? If so, I would make choices differently than if I had to order 6 bottles at the start of the 17 day segment and then again at the start of the 7 day segment.

Yes, you're correct, this is a first-world problem and not one of major import, but I am curious. And, if O hadn't joined the 1st 2 segments into a GV, would I be looking at 3 six-bottle selections?

Which brings up another question -- how about those people on a world cruise -- is that a 1-time 6 bottle setup because it's considered a single cruise?

They set up the bar with a completely fresh 6 bottle set up at the start of each "official cruise segment".

Be sure to tell your Butler if you want to keep any open or unopened bottles over the transition.

Jim beat me to it but I was going to say that I couldn't imagine Oceania NOT giving you the set-up for both legs. We have a B2B next May in an OC but each leg is only 7/8 days so I imagine we'll get more wine than liquor on that cruise.

They set up the bar with a completely fresh 6 bottle set up at the start of each "official cruise segment".

Be sure to tell your Butler if you want to keep any open or unopened bottles over the transition.

For a slightly different slant on it - we were in a Concierge last year for three B2Bs (10 days each, total 30 days) and we had some difficulty getting the 2nd and 3rd bottles of sparkling wine at the start of the 2nd and 3rd legs.

I was told that we weren't entitled to a 'new set up' at the start of each leg and therefore no more bottles or the extra ironing - per the Housekeeper. I asked for this to be rechecked saying that it sounded wrong as we had different reservation numbers (and stayed in the same cabin) and eventually we did receive them.

It made me feel a bit tacky and pushy but it just seemed wrong

I don't think it was tacky at all. How much money were they saving by not giving you what a newly boarded passenger would have received? It's not as if you get Dom Perignon in a concierge cabin ... and a B2B2B gets expensive in any cabin.

I admire you because I probably wouldn't have bothered ... and then I'd have been unhappy! (I tend not to be self-assertive in these kinds of situations, that's the only reason I wouldn't have pursued it. But I'm glad that you did.)

And yes, you deserved the extra ironing and any other perks due in that cabin! I think this would qualify as nickel&diming, don't you? You paid for 3 cruises, you should get the benefits of 3 cruises.

So, If I read this correctly there is one set up and no re fills per cruise? Will be in an OC and just like to know what we will get . Thanks

So, If I read this correctly there is one set up and no re fills per cruise? Will be in an OC and just like to know what we will get . Thanks

Yes that is right, no refills along the way, just a one full set-up each trip.

Rick

That means choose your bottles well! It can depend on the length of the cruise as well, although let's admit it -- the six bottles are something lower cabins do not get.

For us, if we're on a fairly long cruise -- say 18 days -- we'd pick 3 bottles of booze and 3 wine choices. For a shorter cruise, we'd go heavy on the wine.

We also bring along some of our own choices if we're on a longer cruise.

For our Sirena cruise last October my husband insisted that I get a second bottle of vodka and for only a 14 day cruise, I had to haul it back home. Fortunately I had the facility to do so ...

Mura

+1, but they are generous, full sized bottles, which you would not think would be replaced.

6a0120a92e343a970b014e5f3ef692970c-800wi.jpg?w=720

Would be nice if they were. But we will take what we can get and enjoy them. :):):)

For a slightly different slant on it - we were in a Concierge last year for three B2Bs (10 days each, total 30 days) and we had some difficulty getting the 2nd and 3rd bottles of sparkling wine at the start of the 2nd and 3rd legs.

I was told that we weren't entitled to a 'new set up' at the start of each leg and therefore no more bottles or the extra ironing - per the Housekeeper. I asked for this to be rechecked saying that it sounded wrong as we had different reservation numbers (and stayed in the same cabin) and eventually we did receive them.

It made me feel a bit tacky and pushy but it just seemed wrong

probably a misunderstanding with the housekeeper we had no issues

bottle of Champagne was in the cabin after lunch on the 2nd leg of the cruise along with pressing coupons

next time ask to speak to head housekeeper or the GM

RJB,

I'm wondering why you would expect a "refill". This is a perk that only came into existence a few years ago. I've never seen anyone expecting "refills". Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?

For us, when we're in a top suite the six bottles are just fine! But we don't have two drinkers in the family, just one. And we've never taken a cruise longer than 21 days so the 6 bottles worked out just fine for us.

It seemed to me from the beginning, when they said top suites would get six bottles (which originally were 4 booze, 2 wine, and later switched to your choice as to what you wanted of what), that was much better than having to go to the bar! I may be wrong ... I think this was offered before O came up with the drink packages.

Since the offer is for the six bottles of wine or booze, I'd never expect it to be "refilled" on a longer cruise.

Now, IF you are on a B2B in a top suite ... it would seem that you should get the 6 bottles at the outset of each leg. At least that's the way I always read it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mura

We were on a GV last year (2 cruises) in a VS and we had the 6 bottle set up to start and then we got a further 6 bottle choice at the start of the second cruise including the welcome bottle of champagne and plate of sweet delights - in fact everything was done on changeover day that when we arrived back into our suite we felt as if we were just arriving and starting another wonderful adventure (which we were of course!)

As we got to the end of the voyage and we hadn't managed to drink all of the spirits, my DH swapped the unopened bottles for wine which was happily taken to wherever we were having dinner. On one occasion he forgot to organise the wine, however a quick word with the Maitre D' and the requested wine arrived courtesy of the butler.

Oh and if like me you adore the chocolates they leave you on the tiered stand on the coffee table - when you run out of them your butler will happily get you more - our butler thought he'd hidden them in one of the pantry cupboards - but I found them! LOL! He would leave a small plate of them on the coffee table waiting for me when we came back from dinner (well waddled back is probably a truer reflection!) - aaah just perfect!

OP Enjoy your Vista Suite :D

RJB,

I'm wondering why you would expect a "refill". This is a perk that only came into existence a few years ago. I've never seen anyone expecting "refills". Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?

For us, when we're in a top suite the six bottles are just fine! But we don't have two drinkers in the family, just one. And we've never taken a cruise longer than 21 days so the 6 bottles worked out just fine for us.

It seemed to me from the beginning, when they said top suites would get six bottles (which originally were 4 booze, 2 wine, and later switched to your choice as to what you wanted of what), that was much better than having to go to the bar! I may be wrong ... I think this was offered before O came up with the drink packages.

Since the offer is for the six bottles of wine or booze, I'd never expect it to be "refilled" on a longer cruise.

Now, IF you are on a B2B in a top suite ... it would seem that you should get the 6 bottles at the outset of each leg. At least that's the way I always read it.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mura

Yes you are misunderstanding my question. I asked what we would be entitled to during our cruise. Nowhere did I say that we were entitled to refills. I think you need to read a little more carefully. The few times we were on Silver Seas the liquor was refilled every day or 2 so it was not so way out to ask what the Oceania policy was. When we got to FLL they even gave us a few bottles to take home. This is a nice perk for Oceania and as I said in a prior post we will enjoy it and buy more if need be. :):):)

The few times we were on Silver Seas the liquor was refilled every day or 2

Just curious

Do you mean they replaced a litre bottle if it was open with a fresh one or did they top up the open bottle of spirits ??

Is SS all inclusive ?

Yes you are misunderstanding my question. I asked what we would be entitled to during our cruise. Nowhere did I say that we were entitled to refills. I think you need to read a little more carefully. The few times we were on Silver Seas the liquor was refilled every day or 2 so it was not so way out to ask what the Oceania policy was. When we got to FLL they even gave us a few bottles to take home. This is a nice perk for Oceania and as I said in a prior post we will enjoy it and buy more if need be. :):):)

I didn't intend to imply (or infer) that you were "entitled". But I WAS surprised at the question. Not having been on Silver Seas I had no idea of what the policy there is. Perhaps it comes down to the fact that the Oceania policy was always explained as 6 bottles of alcohol of your preference in the top suites. It just never occurred to me that someone might think that you could get more, that's all. (I'm assuming that the amount of liquor provided on Silver Seas is less than 6 bottles? Because refilling 6 bottles every couple of days might be more than most can handle!)

Jim & Stan and Mura -- Thanks for your quick replies, I knew you guys would have the answer I sought.

Fairbourne -- I WILL enjoy our VS, thank you. It's a port-intensive cruise -- no sea days -- with many late departures, so I expect to fully enjoy our veranda without fear of being blown overboard. And also thanks for that info about the refill at the start of the 2nd leg within your GV. I now know exactly how to manage my bar setup order for each of our 3 legs!!

For everyone else, thanks for your replies and suggestions. I love Cruise Critic!!

I didn't intend to imply (or infer) that you were "entitled". But I WAS surprised at the question. Not having been on Silver Seas I had no idea of what the policy there is. Perhaps it comes down to the fact that the Oceania policy was always explained as 6 bottles of alcohol of your preference in the top suites. It just never occurred to me that someone might think that you could get more, that's all. (I'm assuming that the amount of liquor provided on Silver Seas is less than 6 bottles? Because refilling 6 bottles every couple of days might be more than most can handle!)

AGAIN, just asking what the policy is. It could go either way, refill or not. Need to ask the question to get the correct info. Re: Silver Sea.. 2 or 3 bottles in each room. Could ask for more if you want. But they have open bars all over the ship all day and night so you don't drink as much in your suite. Still when all is said and done Oceania is our Cruise line of choice. Liquor policy just a small part of our decision. :):):)

For the top suites -- on Marina and Riviera that is OS, VS and OC, on the "R" ships that is OS and VS -- there is a set-up of six bottles,mix and match, of wine or hard liquor.

Mura

I am new to this line. I couldn't find anything on Oceania's site about any free alcohol in any of the suites. Is this only for the top suite, or all suites?

The Complimentary in-suite bar setup is provided in what we call OVO accommodations, i.e. Owners, Vista and Oceania Suites.

On the Web Site, when viewing the page describing any of those Suites, the Bar is the Suite Privilege listed directly following Butler Service.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzDgblUQC2uZdAaKfnnf7n50qlfIknO5HLmrMDZQa3ZVpfYoaC