New to Elite

trbarton

Don't forget the lanyard to display your black card.

All kidding aside, congratulations on making it this far. Wasn't it fun getting to Elite? Don't forget your 10% discount, your special line at Customer Service Desk, and the satisfaction that you've reached your goal.

Don't forget the lanyard to display your black card.

All kidding aside, congratulations on making it this far. Wasn't it fun getting to Elite? Don't forget your 10% discount, your special line at Customer Service Desk, and the satisfaction that you've reached your goal.

Lol, forgot that one, yes that's the line that stretches beyond the eye can see, and the normal line has 2 people in it.

Ill never forget when an elite got sent to their special line, after queuing in the normal line, WELL, the mouth went uncontrollable.

And we all laughed all 4 of us.:)

You can exchange items in your mini bar set up. There is a menu there of what is available. Call room service for any exchanges. You can also exchange the entire mini bar for one bottle of wine or two coffee cards.

You asked in another post about laundry

Just place items in the laundry bag(s). Mark how many of each on the laundry slip. Place on the bed for the cabin steward to pick up. Depending on how many Elites are on board it could take up to three days. Watch you on board account. Your account is charged when the laundry is completed. If it isn't delivered soon after you can remind the cabin steward. A credit will appear soon after to zero out the charge. We have never had any problems with the laundry service. Always has worked well for us.

I'm new to Elite. I'm aware of the benefits. Any information or helpful tips that I should know?

Tom

Hi Tom! You'll enjoy the benefits of becoming Elite. :)

Edited by OCruisers

Lol, forgot that one, yes that's the line that stretches beyond the eye can see, and the normal line has 2 people in it.

Obviously, if there are only 2 people in the other line that would be the line to use. However, if there are people in all of the lines Elite passengers usually get served sooner. We've often had agents in the non Elite line serve Elite passengers first.

Ill never forget when an elite got sent to their special line, after queuing in the normal line, WELL, the mouth went uncontrollable. And we all laughed all 4 of us.:)

That's weird - I've never seen that happen. Elites can go in either line.

I became 'Elite' on my last cruise. Is it mandatory to get a lanyard and wear my cruise card 'facing out' so everyone can see it?

Yes, part of the right of passage. :D Seriously though, with as easy as it is to make it to Elite with Princess, it just doesn't carry the status it used to. They need to add another level IMO.

Just remember that priority tendering means you can go to the tender area and get in line without getting a ticket first - it does not mean you walk to the front of that line. Those in line already are either other elite or those with tickets that have been called.

Also there is not tender benefit when returning to the ship.

Just remember that priority tendering means you can go to the tender area and get in line without getting a ticket first - it does not mean you walk to the front of that line. Those in line already are either other elite or those with tickets that have been called.

Also there is not tender benefit when returning to the ship.

Yes please, pay attention to this.

The benefit most commonly missed by stewards is the Elite bathroom amenities. Lately that is a little gold bag with things like emory board, cotton swabs/cotton balls, and other extra stuff. If you don't see it in your cabin's bathroom, then just ask.

Enjoy the mini-bar setup. All that stuff is free and doesn't come with a restocking charge when used. But don't be afraid of exchanging items for something you prefer.

The benefit most commonly missed by stewards is the Elite bathroom amenities. Lately that is a little gold bag with things like emory board, cotton swabs/cotton balls, and other extra stuff. If you don't see it in your cabin's bathroom, then just ask.

Enjoy the mini-bar setup. All that stuff is free and doesn't come with a restocking charge when used. But don't be afraid of exchanging items for something you prefer.

Someone more experienced will politely correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge only the original set up of the Mini Bar is complimentary, if you want any more of the items, you are charged for them whether Suite or Elite.

Also TMK, 2 Elites in a stateroom only receive 1 Mini Bar Set up but an Elite in a Suite receives 2 but might need to call Room Service for the 2nd set up.HTH.

Edited by crochetcruise
Remembered additional information

Someone more experienced will politely correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge only the original set up of the Mini Bar is complimentary, if you want any more of the items, you are charged for them whether Suite or Elite.

Yes. The reason there is no "restocking charge" (according to Times Prince) is because it's not restocked. ;) ;p

Yes. The reason there is no "restocking charge" (according to Times Prince) is because it's not restocked. ;) ;p
That's the right answer! :D

That is true - if you use up the complimentary items, and want more, then you can purchase more (the little liquor bottles used to be around $6.95 each, if I recall rightly).

Also, it has been a long time and my memory is fuzzy, but on our early Princess cruises the fridge came stocked with some water and soft drinks - but if we used them then we were charged. Not so with the Elite minibar.