18 y.o blonde needs nighttime activities other than boys on the Dream, help

katsmom98

Curious as to why the hair color was important to note.....:'):'):')

We are taking our 18 year old DD for her HS graduation and she plans on just chilling with us, or in the cabin.

She's somewhat of an introvert....:')

Good Luck!!!!!

Watch the Fun Times - there's typically an 18-20 gathering in one of the lounges each evening. :)

It might be listed, but it doesn't necessarily mean there will be anyone there to "supervise" it. This happened several times on different cruises.

My 18 y.o. BLONDE (haha) daughter went on Magic last year and had the best time ever. She "grew up" with Camp Carnival and was terribly upset that there was nothing for 18 year olds. Even wanted to join her 16 y.o. (NON BLONDE) sister, which of course couldn't happen.

She ended up meeting a group of about 15 "kids" ages 18-22 at the Disco the first night and she danced the night away EVERY NIGHT...Most nights came home around 3 a.m. She still texts some of them, 18 months later.

Your daughter can go to the disco/lounges. She will not be able to drink. I don't remember how they are able to tell they can't drink (like marking their hands), but they did do something.

If you want her with you, the shows are fun, and the comedians are hilarious (except the later shows, I can live without the raunchiness!).

If you do let her go to the lounges, you need to discuss safety with her. We have never encountered any problems, but since your daughter is a blonde...well, enough said. HAHA! Just discuss not getting on elevators, not going to rooms alone, watching her drink (cokes/lemonade/water) or throwing it out if she hasn't had it in her hand at all times. Basic safety issues for blondes...or any other hair color of an 18 y.o.

You're 18yo can do everything you do except purchase alcohol. She can gamble and she can go to the disco. I'm sure she will have no problem meeting up with others her age. I think it's some type of radar. LOL

You're 18yo can do everything you do except purchase alcohol. She can gamble and she can go to the disco. I'm sure she will have no problem meeting up with others her age. I think it's some type of radar. LOL

Serenity deck is supposed to be over 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ha ha!! She will have an amazing time on carnival. I'm 23 and have been cruising since a child. Cruising at 18 was annoying for me because I was used to drinking in the UK but couldn't on the ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my daughter's graduation gift but the clubs stop at 17 and start at 21. What is there for an 18 y.o. young lady to do who wants to hang with people her own age.

She's 18. Time to let her figure things out.

What to do besides boys in the evenings? How about movies, piano bar, shows, girls (j/k), art auction, learn the constellations, read a book, play cards (with boys or girls), swim, hit the spa, listen to one of the bands on board, comedy show........the list goes on.......

Your daughter can go to the disco/lounges. She will not be able to drink. I don't remember how they are able to tell they can't drink (like marking their hands), but they did do something.

Wouldn't her S&S card show she's under 21, since she needs it to pay for drinks?

Wouldn't her S&S card show she's under 21, since she needs it to pay for drinks?

Yes, that is true... but how many of you are 18 y.o. BLONDEs and have people purchase drinks for you? No, she couldn't buy her own, but my daughter is beautiful (and very smart, despite being a blonde ;p). There are many places people try to buy my daughter drinks, and she is not old enough to drink them.

Yes, I am making fun of blondes in this, and I am blonde as well... Just trying to have a little fun, without trying to figure out why OP posted blonde in her thread starter.

By the way-Kat's mom...my daughter's nickname is also KAT. True story. Though when she went off to school at KP, it was changed to Cait.

This is my daughter's graduation gift but the clubs stop at 17 and start at 21. What is there for an 18 y.o. young lady to do who wants to hang with people her own age.

I just checked the Carnival website and it states the nightclub which on the Dream is called Caliente states it's 18+

I know when I was 18 (yes, I still remember!!!), boys were my main interest....and girls were the guy's main interest!

18 year olds can gamble, unless you're in Alaska or Hawaii. They will do pretty much what any adult will, except drink.

I was wondering about 18-20 year olds being able to get into the disco, as we will have our college age daughter with us and I am sure she will get a little bored hanging out with us old fogeys while her brothers are having fun at the 15-17 O2.