Ready Set Sail not combinable with Private Sale??

DaveOKC

I just received a Private Sale mailer and tried to book a cruise in it, but was told that I could not get the Private Sale Price AND the Ready Set Sail Promotion.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I just received a Private Sale mailer and tried to book a cruise in it, but was told that I could not get the Private Sale Price AND the Ready Set Sail Promotion.

yes I have, but with another promo- Anniversary sale, and. the 2 were not combinable, The private mariner pricing was actually better, even as I lost the prepaid gratuities.

You have to take either or, when there are private mariner pricing and promos.

to add more into the mix, there are now non-refundable deposit pricing for cruises!

May I ask what cruises - region, time of year - the private sale is on for? I have not received anything for a long time and called yesterday to get my name back on the mailing - was told I was put on last time for one year only :rolleyes:, but now they put me on as "permanent". When one is booked, they usually drop you from the list!

guess they do not realize that retirees will book a sale or promo, even they ALREADY have another cruise booked. go figure.:rolleyes:

yes I have, but with another promo- Anniversary sale, and. the 2 were not combinable, The private mariner pricing was actually better, even as I lost the prepaid gratuities.

You have to take either or, when there are private mariner pricing and promos.

to add more into the mix, there are now non-refundable deposit pricing for cruises!

May I ask what cruises - region, time of year - the private sale is on for? I have not received anything for a long time and called yesterday to get my name back on the mailing - was told I was put on last time for one year only :rolleyes:, but now they put me on as "permanent". When one is booked, they usually drop you from the list!

guess they do not realize that retirees will book a sale or promo, even they ALREADY have another cruise booked. go figure.:rolleyes:

The Private Sale is good until 7-15-17 and is called Exotic Voyages. Covers Panama Canal, S. America, the Prinsendam, Far East and Australia.

Have never received a "Private Sale" offer.

How do you get to receive such offers?

I do not know for sure why I get them, but they come every 1-2 months. It may be due to how you are registered with HAL (like telling them where you are interested in traveling).

Have never received a "Private Sale" offer.

How do you get to receive such offers?

Me neither. No emails, no postal mailings... I'm 3 star and have given them my cruising preferences.

Maybe it's because I have another cruise already booked?

:confused:

What is confusing is that when I log in to HAL website and check the cruise out, it shows me the private sale pricing (about 12% lower) AND below it, it shows Ready Set Sale. I call HAL and try to book it this way and they say it cannot be done (not combinable). The should fix the website to not show both then IMO.

Me neither. No emails, no postal mailings... I'm 3 star and have given them my cruising preferences.

Maybe it's because I have another cruise already booked?

:confused:

I have two already booked for this year and still got the mailing.

While perusing the HAL website last week, I discovered the Mariner pricing by accident. I called and applied the Mariner pricing - nice savings. There seems to be no substitute for a regular self review of pricing and promotions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While perusing the HAL website last week, I discovered the Mariner pricing by accident. I called and applied the Mariner pricing - nice savings. There seems to be no substitute for a regular self review of pricing and promotions.

Did you have the Ready Set Sail Promotion also?

Not uncommon to not be able to combine deals, but you should compare the two deals. The lower price on the Private Sale with you paying for gratuities or whatever's included in the other deal, may still be less out of pocket than Ready Set Sail. I'm having my PCC compare and waiting to hear. Next up is comparing today's best deal to the price with Explore 4 in a few weeks.

Not uncommon to not be able to combine deals, but you should compare the two deals. The lower price on the Private Sale with you paying for gratuities or whatever's in the other deal, may still be less out of pocket than the Ready Set Sail.

But I am greedy and want BOTH! That would be a nice deal.

What is confusing is that when I log in to HAL website and check the cruise out, it shows me the private sale pricing (about 12% lower) AND below it, it shows Ready Set Sale. I call HAL and try to book it this way and they say it cannot be done (not combinable). The should fix the website to not show both then IMO.

I would take a screen shot of that screen and send it in to your PCC. Try to include the date and time on your computer monitor (if it shows) in the screen shot. I did that once to fight for something similar. It took a few days but it worked.

I would take a screen shot of that screen and send it in to your PCC. Try to include the date and time on your computer monitor (if it shows) in the screen shot. I did that once to fight for something similar. It took a few days but it worked.

I tried that yesterday but he said that he could not get the deal.

I tried that yesterday but he said that he could not get the deal.

Wow. Did you try throwing the term "false advertising" around, somewhat diplomatically, of course? I mean, it's there in black and white showing both the special pricing and the promotion. It should be honoured, IMO. Otherwise, they should get their act together and update their website accordingly to avoid this type of situation.

Wow. Did you try throwing the term "false advertising" around, somewhat diplomatically, of course? I mean, it's there in black and white showing both the special pricing and the promotion. It should be honoured, IMO. Otherwise, they should get their act together and update their website accordingly to avoid this type of situation.

Now I cannot get the reservation section of the website to work to double check.

Figures. Maybe they're fixing it as we speak and when it is up and running, you won't see the special pricing with the promo. That would be my luck!

Its working now, but the promo is no longer showing up. They must have heard my complaint.

The private sale looked good, but when you accounted for the lost promotion it was pretty much a "wash".

So are you saying the only way to get Mariner pricing is by phone? They always say online I'm eligible for Mariner pricing when I try to book, but the only prices I see online are the same as non-Mariners, so calling would make sense, but not as convenient...

It used to be that when you logged in, certain sailings would show prices with green writing, which said "this price is not available to the general public" or something similar - which meant it was a Mariner pricing, or possibly private sale pricing. Often the green pricing was only for certain cabin categories.

Not sure with the new website how or what will show.