Bringing booze aboard, May 2017

LOL... people saying that cruise reps read these boards..

Really? you can search "rum runners" and see THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of posts.. not sure the cruise company has the time or the honestly care to read. If they do.. they are not going to hunt you down.

They don't break.. they rarely get caught... if you do.. they just take them from you.. move on..

do it.. don't do it.. camelback, military funnel system, Rum Runners, notes from Mom saying she said it is ok, smuggling live sea monkeys on board.. all of these are great .. do them all.. do none..

"my two bottles of wine are fine for the week" --good for you.. they wouldn't last me until dinner that night.. but then again they might be white wine, which I don't drink.. so it probably would last me all week if that's the case.. but if it was red wine.. then I would drink it.. but it would have to be served at 79 degrees.. Can they kick me off the ship for my red wine too warm? too cold? should I worry?

It never ceases to amaze me when people post things that surely will generate the flamers come out, are surprised when the flamers come out.

Enjoy life folks.. it is too short to worry about others.

I am going to try to find a platypus to smuggle on board... will he/she fit in a camelback?? will it rupture??

:)

Really? you can search "rum runners" and see THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of posts.. not sure the cruise company has the time or the honestly care to read. If they do.. they are not going to hunt you down.

They don't break.. they rarely get caught... if you do.. they just take them from you.. move on..

do it.. don't do it.. camelback, military funnel system, Rum Runners, notes from Mom saying she said it is ok, smuggling live sea monkeys on board.. all of these are great .. do them all.. do none..

"my two bottles of wine are fine for the week" --good for you.. they wouldn't last me until dinner that night.. but then again they might be white wine, which I don't drink.. so it probably would last me all week if that's the case.. but if it was red wine.. then I would drink it.. but it would have to be served at 79 degrees.. Can they kick me off the ship for my red wine too warm? too cold? should I worry?

It never ceases to amaze me when people post things that surely will generate the flamers come out, are surprised when the flamers come out.

I am going to try to find a platypus to smuggle on board... will he/she fit in a camelback?? will it rupture??

Smuggling, smoking, food and " dress on elegant night" always generate high post counts. Those subjects are like click bait on the interwebs.

I think we are related!

Actually there is an official RCI member who does read and occasionally respond to posts. If you think the cruiselines don't read this board, you'd be wrong. Multiple CD's have referred to CC as have other officers onboard some of our cruises. Believe me, they do have people reading them. If anyone thinks they've come up with an idea that the cruise line hasn't thought of, LOL.

Actually there is an official RCI member who does read and occasionally respond to posts. If you think the cruiselines don't read this board, you'd be wrong. Multiple CD's have referred to CC as have other officers onboard some of our cruises. Believe me, they do have people reading them. If anyone thinks they've come up with an idea that the cruise line hasn't thought of, LOL.

I am sure everyone has a free right to read anything they want.

I am saying that they are not searching the boards to find who is sneaking Rum Runners on board and raising alcohol prices accordingly.

Correct also that RCCL has a member who responds to posts and helps with the meet and mingles etc... but they are not the Rum Runner/Camelback/ platypus police.

Also the entire meaning of my post was to try to TONE down the excessive seriousness of this thread...

Also I like the color Blue

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Barcelona update on Freedom.

If you buy cans of beer in the duty free put them in your hand luggage because security had a table at the top​ of the escalator with a sign saying no beer and if you try and carry on just in plastic bag they try to take them off you if they see beer in the bag but they weren't checking hand luggage cases.

Barcelona update on Freedom.

If you buy cans of beer in the duty free put them in your hand luggage because security had a table at the top​ of the escalator with a sign saying no beer and if you try and carry on just in plastic bag they try to take them off you if they see beer in the bag but they weren't checking hand luggage cases.

We're these security people from the port, or were they ship security? On one of our cruises out of Barcelona, there was an additional security inspection (with x-ray machine) once we boarded the ship.

We're these security people from the port, or were they ship security? On one of our cruises out of Barcelona, there was an additional security inspection (with x-ray machine) once we boarded the ship.

Royal Caribbean.

This was still in the terminal at the top of the escalator,they had a RC board saying no beer.He checked the shop carrier bag where i had 6 cans of beer and he pointed to the sign.

We just went back downstairs saying we were taking them back to shop then put the cans in a hand case and went back up and walked straight past him and up the gangway to the ship no more checks except card when we got on ship.