Anthem D1 cabin questions

Hi,

We will be sailing in September on anthem in cabin 13644. Anyone have experience with this cabin? Looking at the deck plan it seems like Johnny Rockets kitchen area is above, so I'm not sure what noise level to expect.

Also, it seems that this cabin in right at the edge of the hump and should not have any overhang above (prefer no overhang).

Finally, while being close to the evelvator is great, not sure if this is too close.

Any helpful hints are appreciated.

Ellen

Hi,

We will be sailing in September on anthem in cabin 13644. Anyone have experience with this cabin? Looking at the deck plan it seems like Johnny Rockets kitchen area is above, so I'm not sure what noise level to expect.

Also, it seems that this cabin in right at the edge of the hump and should not have any overhang above (prefer no overhang).

Finally, while being close to the evelvator is great, not sure if this is too close.

Any helpful hints are appreciated.

Ellen

The kitchen above the room is shared with JR and CK. I had the same cabin a few times when I cruised solo. You may hear a little noise ever now and then at night, but it never bothered me and the noise didn't last long. You can still get sun on the nice size balcony but there is an slight overhang. Yes it is close to the elevators which are in the hallway, not near your room. I know many people say to stay away from Deck 13 as there's no rooms above, but I wouldn't hesitate to book that room again as you're one flight up for the pool and the WJ, no need to wait for an elevator.

ALL balconies on the sides are covered by the deck above. You will get sun either early morning or late afternoon, depending on where you are in relation to the sun.

The stairs/elevators are in a separate foyer..noise from them isn't an issue.

ALL balconies on the sides are covered by the deck above. You will get sun either early morning or late afternoon, depending on where you are in relation to the sun.

The stairs/elevators are in a separate foyer..noise from them isn't an issue.

The OP is talking about a balcony on deck 13 that has an overhang that extends past the edge of their balcony.

Have you ever even sailed this class of ship? Quantum class ships are very different.

We'll be sailing on Anthem in October and have cabin # 9644. I would much prefer a JS but since I was late to booking this cruise all the categories of the JS were gone....At this point the ones now available are easily $2500 more than what I paid for my D1...I'm happy with this location and think it's going to be great..first time on the Quantum class although I was just on Harmony and I understand the cabin decor is very similar. OP I think you did great with this location....but if you have any concerns you might keep checking as another D1 location might become available before your cruise.

The kitchen above the room is shared with JR and CK. I had the same cabin a few times when I cruised solo. You may hear a little noise ever now and then at night, but it never bothered me and the noise didn't last long. You can still get sun on the nice size balcony but there is an slight overhang. Yes it is close to the elevators which are in the hallway, not near your room. I know many people say to stay away from Deck 13 as there's no rooms above, but I wouldn't hesitate to book that room again as you're one flight up for the pool and the WJ, no need to wait for an elevator.

Thanks all for the quick responses.

@Life is good, do you recall if the bed is near the balcony. Not a deal breaker but a preference.

I like the idea of being one flight from WJ and pool. Looking at other D1s on 13 but most are under the overhang and look way to shaded.

Having only been on Explorer and Rhapsody in aft facing regular and JS on Royal, I am looking forward to sailing on a newer class (although when we first sailed on Explorer it was the newest class...lol).

@Life is good, do you recall if the bed is near the balcony. Not a deal breaker but a preference.

I like the idea of being one flight from WJ and pool. Looking at other D1s on 13 but most are under the overhang and look way to shaded.

Having only been on Explorer and Rhapsody in aft facing regular and JS on Royal, I am looking forward to sailing on a newer class (although when we first sailed on Explorer it was the newest class...lol).

From what I have estimated for our #9644 bed will be on right and by the balcony...However your cabin will hold more than 2 people (deck code plan) so your sofa bed may be by the balcony and your bed by the closet.

Edited by Ashland

• 4 weeks later...
Another question....does anyone have picture of or know if there are night stands on the sides of the bed. Need a spot for a CPAP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are nightstands on each side of the bed but they are very small. They are only about the size of the phone that is on one side. There is a plug on one side to be able to plug in the CPAP.

There are nightstands on each side of the bed but they are very small. They are only about the size of the phone that is on one side. There is a plug on one side to be able to plug in the CPAP.

The small sliver type nightstands are one of the features of the Quantum class decor that I had on Harmony...DH Cpap machine took up his whole nightstand...had to put the cabin phone on the floor. My nightstand could barely hold my water, phone, travel clock and my glasses...ridiculous design...as is the shower door opening out (instead of sliding) and hate the room those freestanding closets take by sticking out into the cabin.

We had 13644 again on Anthem's 4/29/17 sailing and hardly heard any noise from above. Once we leave the room for dinner, we don't come back to the room until after midnight, so that could be why we hear so little noise. Sorry, I don't recall exactly where the bed was as we were on a B2B in two different rooms. We've been on Anthem a little too much in various rooms to remember where the beds are in each room.

We're back on Anthem again early next month, close to 13644, I can check where the bed is for you :) and report back.