Jewel Alaska Specialty Dining Reservations

SURPRISE1

We are heading to Alaska on NCL-Jewel June 24, 2017. We purchased the specialty dining package and wondering if we should make specialty restaurant reservations in advance? We don't want to miss out on any special meals (lobster) served in the main general dining room. Does NCL serve special meals in the main dining room on sea days? We have never cruised NCL or experienced free style cruising. 8 adults in our group. Any advice is welcome.

We are heading to Alaska on NCL-Jewel June 24, 2017. We purchased the specialty dining package and wondering if we should make specialty restaurant reservations in advance? We don't want to miss out on any special meals (lobster) served in the main general dining room. Does NCL serve special meals in the main dining room on sea days? We have never cruised NCL or experienced free style cruising. 8 adults in our group. Any advice is welcome.

If you want to eat during prime time (5:30-8:30) reservations are required. Online reservations open 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days for suites guests). And will sell out quickly.

Tables are held for in board booking. If you want to eat at Teppanyaki, you need to book that as soon as you embark. Cagneys is the second most popular restaurant and will sell out quickly. The fastest way to book is to use the large touch screen kiosks in public areas.

I learned on my last Epic cruise that the special dining places book up rapidly. This time I booked as soon as I was able to do it on line. Doing Cagney's, Le Bistro (was wonderful on the Epic) and Moderno. Doing the Alaska cruise on Jewel August 19th. Have a great cruise.

If you want to eat during prime time (5:30-8:30) reservations are required. Online reservations open 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days for suites guests). And will sell out quickly.

Tables are held for in board booking. If you want to eat at Teppanyaki, you need to book that as soon as you embark. Cagneys is the second most popular restaurant and will sell out quickly. The fastest way to book is to use the large touch screen kiosks in public areas.

We got off Jewel (Alaska) few weeks ago. I did the booking ahead Reservations Online,

but for some reason, they did NOT go thru to Jewel or show up onboard.

Also, because I'm Platinum & received 2 more free dining nights (besides the UDP),

I needed to Change up the dates/places, alittle anyway......

So basically, booking ahead, did us NO Good.

Here's what I recommend, that worked best.....

When you get Onboard, go directly to Deck 7 Dining Reservations desk.;)

They were very helpful booking directly, and will give you a reminder Receipt to take with you.

This will put you in the system at checkin at your Restaurant for the Time & Date you booked.

It helps to be familiar with What dates you want for which restaurant. You also need to be alittle Flexible.;)

I wrote up a date Calendar with approx. Times & Restaurants, and took with me to the

Dining Reservations desk when we got onboard.

This really helped, and we were able to book all of em quickly.

There are 8 in our group on the 24th sailing also, we booked our dinners (Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Maderno's more than 2 months ago. I would try toget them done now and then check on them when you get on board.

Trying to book our reservations for our end of August Pearl Cruise...

I am in the payment screen (0 is due), but when I click "add to itinerary" it doesn't go anywhere?

Whats up?

I am in the payment screen (0 is due), but when I click "add to itinerary" it doesn't go anywhere?

Whats up?

I'm on the August 13th sailing and having same issue. I made two reservations a few weeks ago with no problem.

Dom

We were on The Jewel 2 weeks ago, and I made reservations, ahead of time on line, since there was 7 of us. They only showed 5:30 and 8:00 as available times, so we took the 8:00 reservation for our 3 specialty restaurants. We noticed, when we arrived for our reservations that all of the specialty restaurants we went to were pretty empty. We were even able to make a reservation, on the same day for 6:30, at Moderno, and it too was pretty empty when we arrived.

Not sure if it was a fluke, the late hour, or what, but there obviously wasn't any issue for walk ups.

Thank you everyone. I went online to book meal reservations and the reservation wouldn't go through. Called NCL and they had to put the reservations in for us. NCL said the ship opens 35% of the dinner reservations 90 days prior to sailing then open the remaining reservations on sailing day.

Whats up?

I tried this morning also for our 9/4/17 sailing on the Sun and it is still doing the same thing. Guess I will have to call on my lunch break to make my reservations. I have been anxiously awaiting my 90 day mark and now it is here with a huge let down! :(

Edited by gmazz
wrong quote!

We got off Jewel (Alaska) few weeks ago. I did the booking ahead Reservations Online,

but for some reason, they did NOT go thru to Jewel or show up onboard.

Also, because I'm Platinum & received 2 more free dining nights (besides the UDP),

I needed to Change up the dates/places, alittle anyway......

So basically, booking ahead, did us NO Good.

Here's what I recommend, that worked best.....

When you get Onboard, go directly to Deck 7 Dining Reservations desk.;)

They were very helpful booking directly, and will give you a reminder Receipt to take with you.

This will put you in the system at checkin at your Restaurant for the Time & Date you booked.

It helps to be familiar with What dates you want for which restaurant. You also need to be alittle Flexible.;)

I wrote up a date Calendar with approx. Times & Restaurants, and took with me to the

Dining Reservations desk when we got onboard.

This really helped, and we were able to book all of em quickly.

With each of my reservations I've made online, I've also received an email with an udpated PDF of our cruise reservation listing each additional item we've booked (spa passes, dining reservations, shore excursions). Did you receive those PDF confirmations when you reserved online ahead of time?