Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

Great Review! We are on the Vista July 1st for 8 days. Haven't sailed Carnival in a long time. We typically sail Royal.

I have a question about entertainment. I can't seem to find how to make reservations. Is that because all shows and activities on the ship are first come first served?

Thanks again for your review. It makes our wait even more exciting !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great Review! We are on the Vista July 1st for 8 days. Haven't sailed Carnival in a long time. We typically sail Royal.

I have a question about entertainment. I can't seem to find how to make reservations. Is that because all shows and activities on the ship are first come first served?

Yes first come first served on CCL. I have moved to Royal as Carnival's cutbacks and poor loyalty program caused us to explore Royal.

The Vista is a beautiful ship. We sailed her in Europe last year. If you want to see the shows make sure your dinning time syncs up. We were very disappointed as we didn't see any shows on a ten day due to a slow dinning room and the shows started a little earlier than other CCL ships. We had late time seating.

The theater and disco have been combined and I imagine the earlier show time is to allow the space to be used as a disco. This was very disappointing to us plus the theater setup is not as nice as the Breeze or other traditional setups.

At first I didn't like how you had to schedule Royal shows but now appreciate it very much and the quality of show on Royal is much much better. At most shows Royal also reserves a couple rows for its loyalty top tears.

Edited by skiingj

Thanks for an awesome review!!! We will be sailing the Vista when she moseys down to Galveston. Originally booked the Palm Sunday Sailing on 4/14/19, but they recently adjusted the itinerary to our favor from a 7 day to an 8 day cruise and added an extra port. Couldn't be happier with that, though we are cruising with twin boys that will be 3 in a half by the time we sail. Loved your style of writing, you kept me cracked up the whole time!!!!

Willdra- great review as always!

Just curious how much the Imax theater was... is there a weekly pass? Do they show different movies each night? At different times during the day?

Thanks again for taking the time to do the review!

The movies were $12.95 for adults and $9.95 for children and seniors. I didn't see a weekly pass option. We picked up a schedule on embarkation day. It shows the days and times for our Itinerary. There were several options to choose from. Thanks for reading, hope this helps! [emoji924]❤️[emoji7]❤️[emoji924]

b2caa18bebd5172d3fe59d7ca46a63c9.jpg

bd1fce3c556f21b8aff8e2ad09c23e89.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely loved your review! I see in your signature that you'll be on the Dream a couple weeks before us. I'm already looking forward to that review! :D

Thank you! The Dream should be interesting, we will be traveling with a few family members. [emoji33][emoji15][emoji12]

Thanks for an awesome review!!! We will be sailing the Vista when she moseys down to Galveston. Originally booked the Palm Sunday Sailing on 4/14/19, but they recently adjusted the itinerary to our favor from a 7 day to an 8 day cruise and added an extra port. Couldn't be happier with that, though we are cruising with twin boys that will be 3 in a half by the time we sail. Loved your style of writing, you kept me cracked up the whole time!!!!

Wow I would love to get the gift of a 7 day turning into an 8! That would be marvelous! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Thank you!! [emoji3] If you have Your Time Dining, it's easy to adjust your dining time to the show times. Just give yourself 90 minutes for dinner, and you should be good, especially on non elegant evenings. Elegant Evenings take a little longer because I think more people come to the Dining Rooms on those nights. You can also let your waiters know that you want to catch a show and they will try very hard to get you going. Oh and check out the menu before you go, that way you won't waste precious time deciding. [emoji1476][emoji6]

Thanks for sharing your cruise on the Vista with us. I wish I could sail on the Vista after reading this but the Horizon my next ship. I can't believe they are sending it to Galveston so soon.

I'll bet Horizon will be just as, if not more, amazing [emoji6]! I am so looking forward to sailing her in April! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I'll bet Horizon will be just as, if not more, amazing [emoji6]! I am so looking forward to sailing her in April! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I hope you do a review. I won't be sailing until April 2019!

Great report & pictures. So much info! ... I can't wait to go on our first cruise ... my hubs is going to be setting food alarms .... that is awesome ... Thank you so much!

LOL [emoji23] Thanks [emoji1488]! Enjoy your cruise [emoji568]!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you do a review. I won't be sailing until April 2019!

Definitely! We will be sailing with our adult offspring and a group of their friends, so I will have LOTS of "material"! [emoji6][emoji1][emoji33]

Yes first come first served on CCL. I have moved to Royal as Carnival's cutbacks and poor loyalty program caused us to explore Royal.

The Vista is a beautiful ship. We sailed her in Europe last year. If you want to see the shows make sure your dinning time syncs up. We were very disappointed as we didn't see any shows on a ten day due to a slow dinning room and the shows started a little earlier than other CCL ships. We had late time seating.

The theater and disco have been combined and I imagine the earlier show time is to allow the space to be used as a disco. This was very disappointing to us plus the theater setup is not as nice as the Breeze or other traditional setups.

At first I didn't like how you had to schedule Royal shows but now appreciate it very much and the quality of show on Royal is much much better. At most shows Royal also reserves a couple rows for its loyalty top tears.

Of course the shows line up for late seating, to say otherwise is just foolish. How did a Vista review turn into another example of knocking Carnival and a commercial for Royal?

• Like 1

Of course the shows line up for late seating, to say otherwise is just foolish. How did a Vista review turn into another example of knocking Carnival and a commercial for Royal?

“Foolish” Nice how you treat people on this forum.

Drinking the Kool-Aidagain? Were you on the Vista last September? Have you ever been on the Vista? Some people left late seating 30-45 minutes early to attend a show. Never seen that on 14 CCL cruises. I praised the Vista as a beautiful ship. Who’s the troll?

Edited by skiingj

“Foolish” Nice how youtreat people on this forum.

Drinking the Kool-Aidagain? Were you on the Vista last September? Have you ever been on theVista? Some people left late seating 30-45 minutes early to attend a show. Never seen that on 14 CCL cruises. I praised the Vista as a beautiful ship. Who’s the troll?

Actually, my foolish comment was to saying that late dining could not go to shows, not to you. I have been on the been on the Vista for two sailings (last July in the Med and this April). I have been to 11 shows on those two sailings (one of which was on the naming ceremony in New York)....guess how many we had to leave early for to get a seat? zero. Now that the Vista is in the Caribbean, almost every show has two versions, one for late seating (before the meal) and one for early seating (after the meal). We can talk nice or not, your choice. Name calling is not allowed (nor stealing threads for other purposes...like talking about how good RCCL is;)). OP, sorry for the derailment.

• Like 1

“Foolish” Nice how you treat people on this forum.

Drinking the Kool-Aidagain? Were you on the Vista last September? Have you ever been on the Vista? Some people left late seating 30-45 minutes early to attend a show. Never seen that on 14 CCL cruises. I praised the Vista as a beautiful ship. Who’s the troll?

Jimbo has always been courteous and a gentlemen, from the posts that I have read.

Please don't ruin a wonderful review by being negative. There's so much more to life.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great review and pictures. It brings back such good memories. I sailed her for 33 nights on the last 2 Meds and TA.

One question. When I sailed, Platinum and Diamond did not have to check in on Deck 5 for MTD? They could go directly to Horizon dining room. Has that changed? I saw that you were Platinum.

Jimbo has always been courteous and a gentlemen, from the posts that I have read.

Please don't ruin a wonderful review by being negative. There's so much more to life.

Why thank you!:D I really do try and add value here.

Thanks for the great review and pictures. It brings back such good memories. I sailed her for 33 nights on the last 2 Meds and TA.

One question. When I sailed, Platinum and Diamond did not have to check in on Deck 5 for MTD? They could go directly to Horizon dining room. Has that changed? I saw that you were Platinum.

Thank you! [emoji4] I asked several times about Platinums checking in first on Deck 5 because I swore I read where we didn't have to. However, my memory is not always present and accounted for. It calls off from work. A lot. So I wasn't 100% sure on that one. We were told that we did still have to check in, but honestly we never waited more than 10 minutes even on Elegant Evenings. Carnival must have revamped and reevaluated this process, which is always nice to see. [emoji3][emoji568]