Dodge Caravan Or Other for 8 Checked in Baggage's + 4 Carry Ons + 5 Adults ?

victormanor

Hello Friends,

Need your advise on this.

We are 5 Adults with 8 Checked in Baggage's + 4 Carry On's.

Can i rent dodge caravan? Or any other Full Size SUV's will help ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ?

If some one can give me straight answer, that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

We've owned Caravans in a number of years past but don't think they've changed much in overall size. And while they are very versatile and provide good space, I think what you describe would definitely challenge that. Pretty sure you would end up with some of the luggage on some laps! This would be a case where bigger would certainly be better.

Hello Friends,

Need your advise on this.

Thanks in advance.

We just recently (March) rented a Dodge Caravan from Budget in Fort Lauderdale....even though there were only 4 of us 5 could easily fit...however we had 5 large pieces of luggage and a couple of backpacks...it was a tight fit...so I would say no way would all your luggage fit.

Several years ago we did something similar (Dodge Caravan) but with 6 adults we had to make two trips because of all our luggage...but when we didn't have to transport our luggage around pre-cruise it was fine.

How long will you be travelling with everyone PLUS all that luggage? We have crammed into minivans in Europe which are much smaller than Caravans with 6 adults, a suitcase apiece plus carryons but only to get from/to the airport to our lodging, where we unloaded for a week's stay. If you are planning on touring each day with that many folks and luggage it would be very uncomfortable IMHO.

We did a Toyota Sienna with 6(3 adults and 3 tweens). We might have been able to get one more body (skinny) in the back row but had no room for more luggage without using a hood box or a tailgate box. We had 3 28", 2 carryons, a rolling duffel, and all means of "personal items and pillows". We were like the Clamped heading for Florida. An Excursion/expedition size might be big enough for you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Hi Victor --

Where is your cruise from and to, how long, and where do you want to be travelling when you get there?

I try not to tell anyone how to pack, but is there a reason 5 adults need 12 pieces of luggage? My DH and I did a transAtlantic plus 15 days in the Mediterranean for a total of 26 days with a carryon and a daypack apiece. We have 20+ years of refining a system, but we never travelled with more than a pullman and a daypack or tote each -- Ships have laundries! Shuttling baggage does not add to anyone's enjoyment that I know of.

Now, I apologize if there are health reasons OR you are cruising on a line that insists you dress up each night. (I would still pack one little black dress and a little jewelry, but that is me.)

As far as the vehicles available to rent at your destination, if it is in the US -- most if not all of the car-rental companies have comparative lists of vehicles including the seating and cargo capacities on their websites.