Fort Lauderdale port to airport transportation

Jajone

For those that book at the Hyatt, I know I can use the shuttle to go from FLL to the hotel and again to the port. But what is my best option to go from port to airport? We have 8 of us.

We had 9 of us in March to get from the port to the airport, there were several vans outside the door as we exited, we all hoped in, charge was I think $11/ person. Others here may have another option for a group that maybe less, but that's what worked for us.

We had 9 of us in March to get from the port to the airport, there were several vans outside the door as we exited, we all hoped in, charge was I think $11/ person. Others here may have another option for a group that maybe less, but that's what worked for us.

$99 for your group in that van might have been "convenient"...but for a huge unnecessary cost.

$99 for your group in that van might have been "convenient"...but for a huge unnecessary cost.

How would you have moved 9 people for less? I have another cruise in the future that will be a larger group to get from the port to the airport would appreciate any suggestions.

How would you have moved 9 people for less? I have another cruise in the future that will be a larger group to get from the port to the airport would appreciate any suggestions.

As mentioned by capriccio, van taxis and SUV taxis cost the same as regular auto taxis. So, worst case with a lot of baggage, you take 3 and it costs $60. Morley you take 2, and it costs about $40.

I used Howard's Ground Transportation for my Family Cruise (11 people total). Howard was GREAT!!

We used him for ALL of our transportation needs...airport to pre cruise hotel, pre cruise hotel to cruise port, cruise port to post cruise hotel, and then post cruise hotel to airport.

He had our itinerary so was in the area waiting for my call, to which he showed up 2-5 mins later. Large passenger van with COLD AC and a trailer in tow for our luggage. He even had a toddler car seat for my 2 yr old (no extra charge). Nothing but great experiences with him on ALL 4 times we used him on our trip. Would definately use him again.

As mentioned by capriccio, van taxis and SUV taxis cost the same as regular auto taxis. So, worst case with a lot of baggage, you take 3 and it costs $60. Morley you take 2, and it costs about $40.

Thanks for the info, I guess I figured the white vans at the pier were taxi's, will definitely take multiple SUV taxi's next time.

I used Howard's Ground Transportation for my Family Cruise (11 people total). Howard was GREAT!!

We used him for ALL of our transportation needs...airport to pre cruise hotel, pre cruise hotel to cruise port, cruise port to post cruise hotel, and then post cruise hotel to airport.

He had our itinerary so was in the area waiting for my call, to which he showed up 2-5 mins later. Large passenger van with COLD AC and a trailer in tow for our luggage. He even had a toddler car seat for my 2 yr old (no extra charge). Nothing but great experiences with him on ALL 4 times we used him on our trip. Would definately use him again.

But what is the cost?

Thanks for the info, I guess I figured the white vans at the pier were taxi's, will definitely take multiple SUV taxi's next time.

Those vans take a whole lot of cruisers for an expensive ride. Lots of people think when they are "lured" in, that they are dealing with a regular cab company. Some folks don't even ask the cost and have been surprised at what they are told they owe to get their bags unloaded.

Edited by eandj