Terrorist Attack in London and Qatar Airlines

So sad about the latest terrorist attack in London. Borough Market area is where I stay in London, because I always feel safe coming home late at night from the theatre, as there are always lots of young local people and tourists around in the popular bars and coffee lounges. It is walking distance to the superb National Theatre, Museums and the Thames Walk, etc

Impressive that the police were there and within 8 minutes they had shot the terrorists. .

A double shock is to learn that my favourite Qatar Airline to Europe can no longer fly over the air space of its neighbouring UAE and diplomatic relations have been cut from these UAE countries and some other Middle Eastern countries.

So sad about the latest terrorist attack in London. Borough Market area is where I stay in London, because I always feel safe coming home late at night from the theatre, as there are always lots of young local people and tourists around in the popular bars and coffee lounges. It is walking distance to the superb National Theatre, Museums and the Thames Walk, etc

Impressive that the police were there and within 8 minutes they had shot the terrorists. .

A double shock is to learn that my favourite Qatar Airline to Europe can no longer fly over the air space of its neighbouring UAE and diplomatic relations have been cut from these UAE countries and some other Middle Eastern countries.

Hi Marion, yes I was just checking out some prices on Qatar for next year, Syd-LHR. On their website Qatar has suspended all flights to DOHA. Ah well, have to stick with Singapore Airlines.:halo:

As for the quick response by armed police in London last weekend, no call out was required of armed police as they would have already been in position all over London and ready to roll, due to the UK terror threat level. Yes, very good work by the Met and by VicPol last night in Melbourne.

Hi Marion, yes I was just checking out some prices on Qatar for next year, Syd-LHR. On their website Qatar has suspended all flights to DOHA. Ah well, have to stick with Singapore Airlines.:halo:

As for the quick response by armed police in London last weekend, no call out was required of armed police as they would have already been in position all over London and ready to roll, due to the UK terror threat level. Yes, very good work by the Met and by VicPol last night in Melbourne.

Oh yes, I've seen the armed police everywhere in London, even last year.

I didn't realise they had suspended flights. All the passengers already booked on good deals will be disappointed.

I suspect all UAE Airlines have been effected Already by ban on laptops etc to US.

Singapore Airlines is a pretty good substitute though, as long as they don't get too greedy due to less competition..

These recent tragic events will lead to more restrictions on travel unfortunately. I suppose you either put up with the extra onus or stop travelling altogether.

No you don't need to stop travelliing, just make informed choices. I was in Londonderry during the Troubles and in London during the Irish bombings. I have also been in London when the Hop on Hop Off Busses were empty!

No you don't need to stop travelliing, just make informed choices. I was in Londonderry during the Troubles and in London during the Irish bombings. I have also been in London when the Hop on Hop Off Busses were empty!

You are right, of course. We take note of possible risks when deciding where we want to go. One reason why Egypt is still on the list of places to get to.

BTW, with the way you wrote your post, sounds like I should avoid travelling where you go, as it seems more dangerous.;p.

Yes, lots of shocking news lately. That Qatar thing is really concerning as well, lots of people that will be affected. I hope some resolution can be found, but it's been bubbling for a while and doesn't appear anything simple that can be done. Very concerning.

I checked their website and the only suspension is the obvious one, direct flights to/from those countries which have ceased diplomatic ties. This also applies to other airlines as well.

Flights to/from Doha from elsewhere e.g. most other places including here, still operate.