Princess,Celebrity or Hallond America to Alaska????

ILoveStThomas

Princess or HAL to visit Glacier Bay. Celebrity has no permits for Glacier Bay. EM

I would agree. Make sure you time it so you are at Denali after June 1st.

Glacier Bay is a must as Tracy Arm and Hubbard can be skipped due to weather conditions. Save these for your repeat trip.

We've taken both Princess and Celebrity to Alaska. They were both excellent, but Princess has better itineraries, and quite frankly, and has cruising down to a science.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Another vote to ensure Glacier Bay is part of your first visit.

BTW.... have you chosen which month? May is affordable.... July is warm. August starts the wet season and September is discounted for storm chasers.

I have done all three, and you can't go wrong with any of them. While it is true that Celebrity doesn't go to Glacier Bay, it goes to Hubbard Glacier, and spends a bunch of time there, which is also fantastic.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Another vote to ensure Glacier Bay is part of your first visit.

BTW.... have you chosen which month? May is affordable.... July is warm. August starts the wet season and September is discounted for storm chasers.

Many of us like the weather in Alaska in May. We are already in the 90's in May and June where I live. I welcome the 60's which is wonderful weather in May in Alaska. I choose Alaska in May due to the weather, not due to the affordability. I cruised in July 2x and didn't like the weather.

I have done all three, and you can't go wrong with any of them. While it is true that Celebrity doesn't go to Glacier Bay, it goes to Hubbard Glacier, and spends a bunch of time there, which is also fantastic.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yes - but on Princess you can get both Hubbard and Glacier Bay on the same trip! And if you miss Hubbard, you still get to see Glacier Bay. Hubbard has been missed at times.

The amount of enrichment programs Princess does can not be matched by most other mainstream lines:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/onboard-experience/

I do have to say Celebrity does have a good naturalist but as a whole package - I say Princess.

Edited by Coral

Note that normally northbound Princess cruises do Glacier Bay and southbound do both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. It was interesting seeing Glacier Bay four days apart - vast changes!

Note that normally northbound Princess cruises do Glacier Bay and southbound do both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. It was interesting seeing Glacier Bay four days apart - vast changes!

They also visit College Fiord northbound as well.