Will you get the room you booked?

pugmadkate

I'd like to know where. Because I've read the fine print, and don't remember seeing that! :o:confused:

I think it shows up on the booking when it is done. Something like "Holland America may upgrade you to a better room". When I book (which is not done online but with a TA or PCC) I am asked if I will accept an upgrade.

And just to clarify, we may still receive 'upsale' offers if available, right? We welcome those, but knowing we make the decision whether to accept the deal or not. ;)

Thanks again!

Yes, you will still receive upsell offers if there are upsells and the fairy smiles on you ;). With most upsell offers they will tell you what cabins are available and you get to choose.

When I book (which is not done online but with a TA or PCC) I am asked if I will accept an upgrade.

I booked our upcoming sailing with a HAL PCC, but was not asked the upgrade question. But again, I'll be contacting them again today to add that request.

Yes, you will still receive upsell offers if there are upsells and the fairy smiles on you ;). With most upsell offers they will tell you what cabins are available and you get to choose.

Good to know... thanks again.

We always book a specific stateroom, have never been allocated a different room..

Ditto for us :)

We've been offered an upgrade a couple of times but have had our TA turn them down because we carefully choose our cabin based on location.

Never thought to ask for "no upgrade" but since we book handicap accessible cabins due to wife's mobility issues and mostly full-time now wheelchair use it would also have to be accessible and if there is an accessible Neptune Suite it surely is booked already. On the other hand a regular Neptune would be big enough to accommodate wheelchair so all we would really need is a stool or seat for the shower. Or drag one in from balcony. So if they want to up us to Neptune... we won't complain one bit. ;) Oosterdam is not full Sunday so still fantasizing about checking in an finding our PCC pulled some strings for our anniversary. Sort of like lottery dreaming, ain't going to happen but fun to think about. :cool:

Just got off the phone with HAL and 'opted out' of automatic 'upgrades'. So sounds like we're good to go now. So thanks to kazu and others for the great advice. :)

The reservation agent I spoke with confirmed everything I learned here; that HAL could in fact arbitrarily assign an 'upgrade' without our consent, unless we 'opted out' of this provision (which we did).

She also confirmed that we could still potentially receive 'upsell' offers if they become available, but that they would contact us for concurrence/acceptance of those, and we're fine with that. If they offered us a deal that we just couldn't refuse, well then... ;):)

Also be careful that the cabins you booked don't have the capacity to hold more passengers then you booked for (i.e; two passengers in a cabin that will hold more then two passengers).

Your cabin may be changed if a later booking passenger needs a cabin for four and your cabin has that bedding set up. You may be moved without any notification.

While this doesn't happen often, it can happen during the time periods when more families cruise.

Also be careful that the cabins you booked don't have the capacity to hold more passengers then you booked for (i.e; two passengers in a cabin that will hold more then two passengers).

Your cabin may be changed if a later booking passenger needs a cabin for four and your cabin has that bedding set up. You may be moved without any notification.

While this doesn't happen often, it can happen during the time periods when more families cruise.

Really..? even if we have the 'do not upgrade' caveat noted on our reservation?

Currently we're booked in a quad, and it's just the DW and myself.. :confused:

I just booked my first cruise! I'm so excited! We're doing a three-generation, round-trip Alaska cruise out of Seattle in June 2018. However, I am a bit confused about something (honestly, I have tons of questions but this is just one thread!)

When I booked with my travel agent, she had me select the rooms we wanted from a map of the ship. So we have the room numbers. My confusion comes in because I'm noticing in other threads that people are taking about having a room assigned to them only days before their cruise leaves.

Will we actually get the rooms we booked? I would not care except that we booked rooms next to/across the hall from each other so it would be easy to visit. I would like those specific rooms. Thanks for the help!

Almost certainly although if you read your cruise contract, it probably says that they can change you if they want.

DON

Yes, it has nothing to do with the "do not upgrade" caveat.

If a party of three or four needs a cabin and your cabin is in a lifeboat station not yet filled to capacity, you may be moved to an equal class cabin that sleeps two and your cabin given to the new passenger booking.

The only notice you may have of the change is when you do the on line check in.

It is the chance you take when booking a cabin that has a higher occupancy rate than what your booking is for.

Yes, it has nothing to do with the "do not upgrade" caveat.

If a party of three or four needs a cabin and your cabin is in a lifeboat station not yet filled to capacity, you may be moved to an equal class cabin that sleeps two and your cabin given to the new passenger booking.

The only notice you may have of the change is when you do the on line check in.

It is the chance you take when booking a cabin that has a higher occupancy rate than what your booking is for.

They better not move us, that's all I can say! ;p

I always book an inside on Main Deck on the Vista/Signature ships, and often these are triples or quads (I sail solo). Being moved so a family can have the cabin has never happened to me, nor have I ever read of it happening on this site. Now, that is not to say it can't happen, but I would think the chances are less than being upgraded when your booking is marked "Do Not Upgrade".

I don't know if the cabin, once taken out of inventory, can be reviewed.

I do know, for example, that once an accessible cabin is taken out of inventory---even for an able-bodied person---it can't be reviewed as a potential cabin for someone who is disabled.

I suspect it's a similar situation for couple vs. family, but can't say so definitively.

I always book an inside on Main Deck on the Vista/Signature ships, and often these are triples or quads (I sail solo). Being moved so a family can have the cabin has never happened to me, nor have I ever read of it happening on this site. Now, that is not to say it can't happen, but I would think the chances are less than being upgraded when your booking is marked "Do Not Upgrade".

I don't know if the cabin, once taken out of inventory, can be reviewed.

I do know, for example, that once an accessible cabin is taken out of inventory---even for an able-bodied person---it can't be reviewed as a potential cabin for someone who is disabled.

I suspect it's a similar situation for couple vs. family, but can't say so definitively.

Thanks Ruth... a bit more encouraging feedback on this subject. :)