Last minute cruise thinking I am not happy with cabin

ETski

I know you are taking a chance with a guarantee but that was all that was left. Leaving in 3 days June 10 on Gem. Last minute since we had some personal and health issues. Finally able to cruise and relax. Assigned cabin 8613 on Gem. Looks like the Bliss Lounge is right below us. Yikes I don't think we will get any sleep .Anyone stay in the aft on deck 8 aft. Is it very noisy? Wondering if there is a chance of changing cabins to another area. Have been on over 12 NCL cruises and this is what they give me!!!!!

First they don't determine where you are located with a guarantee based on how many cruises you have had. Secondly a guarantee is a crapshoot, having done so many cruises you should know that. Sorry you are unhappy but thats the chance you take when doing a guarantee. Enjoy the cruise

First they don't determine where you are located with a guarantee based on how many cruises you have had. Secondly a guarantee is a crapshoot, having done so many cruises you should know that. Sorry you are unhappy but thats the chance you take when doing a guarantee. Enjoy the cruise

Rolled the dice, came up snake eyes.

I know you are taking a chance with a guarantee but that was all that was left. Leaving in 3 days June 10 on Gem. Last minute since we had some personal and health issues. Finally able to cruise and relax. Assigned cabin 8613 on Gem. Looks like the Bliss Lounge is right below us. Yikes I don't think we will get any sleep .Anyone stay in the aft on deck 8 aft. Is it very noisy? Wondering if there is a chance of changing cabins to another area. Have been on over 12 NCL cruises and this is what they give me!!!!!

The cruise looks pretty much sold out, except for porthole cabins 4504, 4510, 5502, & 5504. They are currently listing at $899 PP. You might want to call your TA (NCL if you booked directly) and try to upgrade. A quick check of deck plans seems to show you're not directly over Bliss, off by just a couple of cabins though.

That's the nature of taking the GTY with the terms. Is the Upgrade Advantage option offered, but that's also GTY room assignments.

We just sailed the Gem, on deck 8 and BIL in #8616, Oceanview about 3 doors away, did not hear of any issues from 3 seniors, and they go to bed early.

You'll be fine.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Unless you go to bed early I doubt the Bliss will keep you up all that much. I don't think they hold events or entertainment there at all hours of the night and of course, it will be quiet in the mornings. Do a search of your cabin number and perhaps you can find someone who stayed in that cabin and see if they complained at all about the noise. And yes, I don't think the number of times you cruise with NCL has any affect on what cabin they assign you.......it all has to do with what is available.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the white space above that cabin than the Bliss that isn't quite below it. That white space may be a service area that's noisy at any hour.

I have stayed in 8133, which was directly above the bliss dance floor. I went expecting the worst, white noise app for my phone, ear plugs, etc. It was fine, there was some dull base noise into the late evening, but it did not bother me. I was in a guarantee inside, the aft balcony cabin across the hall would not agree.

The worst cabin we ever had was a quiet part of the ship but the neighbors talked through the entire cruise (night and day), I don't think they left the cabin.

On the positive side you're only a few steps from O'Sheehan's and one deck up from the Atrium and Promenade. I don't think Bliss will be an issue.

Play it by ear (literally) the first night and see how it goes.

Attend the meet and greet the first sea day and introduce yourself to the Hotel Director, express your concerns if any, and don't lose his card.

IF things are bad, or get worse MEET with the HD and see if something becomes available.

And remember that the worst day on a cruise is better than the best day on land!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can definitely argue that point with you, in fact I can pretty much assure you that your statement is inaccurate.

Now to the OP, when you book a gty at the last minute what did you expect? Did you think you would end up in a suite? Most of the gty cabins are assigned as people book them, and were long gone before you even thought about booking. When you wait to the last minute you usually end up with a cabin that most people perceive as "bad".

WOW!!

" This Is What They GIVE Me "

How ungrateful can you get??

Look at what they did not give you.

You did not get the IX cabin That you Paid for.

They did not give you a cabin in the bowels of the ship.

Not an IF cabin, Nor an IE ,or IC,

You got an IB 2 cabins from the elevator and still come here to Complain.

You will get NO sympathy from me.

Thank you posters for your answers some nice and some a little nasty. We have always picked a cabin this is the first guarantee. As I stated last minute because of personal and health issues. We are so glad to be able to go and will enjoy our cruise. :D

Thank you posters for your answers some nice and some a little nasty. We have always picked a cabin this is the first guarantee. As I stated last minute because of personal and health issues. We are so glad to be able to go and will enjoy our cruise. :D

I think it was your last sentence, which makes you sound entitled.

I think it was your last sentence, which makes you sound entitled.
Yes that last sentence did make me sound entitled. But that was not what I wanted to imply. I should not have posted that. I have been a member of CC for over 12 yrs. CC is a great site for information for both old and new cruisers. I guess we all have to remember this, including me. Sometimes the written word sounds worst then we think.

Yes that last sentence did make me sound entitled. But that was not what I wanted to imply. I should not have posted that. I have been a member of CC for over 12 yrs. CC is a great site for information for both old and new cruisers. I guess we all have to remember this, including me. Sometimes the written word sounds worst then we think.

It's nice when people take responsibility for what they post. Bravo!

Enjoy your cruise!

• 7 months later...

We've stayed on deck 8 over Bliss on Dawn before (9-day out of Nola) and it wasn't that bad to be honest. I don't recall more than maybe 1 night where we really noticed any noise that was disturbing to us.