Airline online check-in on board - options?

j3000

We'll be on the Conquest. As our airline (Air Canada) is notorious for over-booking, I always try to check-in for our flight online 24 hours in advance of departure time.

Believe it or not, we are "old school" and will not have ANY mobile devices with us! Do I have any options to do online check-in on board ship, without having to pay for it? (note: when we were on Princess, the guy at the Customer Service Desk was kind enough to use his computer to do it for me. Will Carnival do the same?)

No , They won't check you in for free.

It is not costly . I think the one day fee to use the internet is only $5 or something like that.

I have tried that 2 times on previous cruises and although they say it works for boarding passes it didn't work for me.

I ended up asking other people who had paid for more computer time to let me use their time and I offered to pay them the $5 for allowing me to do that.

One person took the money and another just let me use their time for free.

As our airline (Air Canada) is notorious for over-booking

What airline *ISN'T* ??? :confused:

But to address your question, no, it is not free.

We'll be on the Conquest. As our airline (Air Canada) is notorious for over-booking, I always try to check-in for our flight online 24 hours in advance of departure time.

Believe it or not, we are "old school" and will not have ANY mobile devices with us! Do I have any options to do online check-in on board ship, without having to pay for it? (note: when we were on Princess, the guy at the Customer Service Desk was kind enough to use his computer to do it for me. Will Carnival do the same?)

Is there anyone at home who can check in for you? We have family or friends do that when we fly Southwest.

Is there anyone at home who can check in for you? We have family or friends do that when we fly Southwest.

good idea..thanks. yes, got that base covered too...but, dont want to just rely n our kids' memory..IYKWIM !..:evilsmile:

I agree that if you have a family member or friend who can remember to check you in that's the best way. Don't forget to give them info! Also, international flights - will it require Passport info, etc?

Carnival has computers available, so what if it's just a few bucks to check in real quick?

Not being flippant, but the last time I cruised Carnival out of FLL, I got to know people on board. More than one had an Internet plan. I hinted and they offered use of their account. I used it on the ship's computers and was done in three minutes - printed also. Very nice of them.

That's also what we do for our SW Flight. We set a reminder to check-in on our kid's cell phone at home 24hrs before flight time to get a lower group/boarding number. We print the boarding pass at airport kiosk.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We fly AC all the time, and have never had an issue. Do you pre-pay your seats? Thinking maybe that's why we've never had an issue :)

Internet connection can be pretty slow. Spent $14 one sailing trying to confirm my flight, and gave up!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We fly AC all the time, and have never had an issue. Do you pre-pay your seats? Thinking maybe that's why we've never had an issue :)

Internet connection can be pretty slow. Spent $14 one sailing trying to confirm my flight, and gave up!

Hi there

Yes. When the internet is slow, I have waited 5 min or more for a page to load. At the $.75/min this can add up. If it is too slow, I have just shut it down and tried again later. If you explain to guest services what happened, they have always reversed the internet charge, but it can be frustrating.

hope this helps

Hi there

Yes. When the internet is slow, I have waited 5 min or more for a page to load. At the $.75/min this can add up. If it is too slow, I have just shut it down and tried again later. If you explain to guest services what happened, they have always reversed the internet charge, but it can be frustrating.

hope this helps

I wish I would have thought of that! Thanks!

Just buy a few minutes of Internet time at the FunHub. I think it's something like 75 cents per minute, charged to your Sail and Sign.

Carnival doesn't offer internet by the minute any longer. The Social Media Plan ($5 per day) states that it works with "most" airline sites. If it doesn't work with Air Canada, you can simply upgrade to the Value Plan ($16) and check in. There are computers available for use on board.

Carnival doesn't offer internet by the minute any longer. The Social Media Plan ($5 per day) states that it works with "most" airline sites. If it doesn't work with Air Canada, you can simply upgrade to the Value Plan ($16) and check in. There are computers available for use on board.

How can I find out if it works with Air Canada or not??

^^^this. We have always asked a family member or friend to check us in for our flights. Be prepared to return the favor. ;p

This is why I fly united. When you check in for the going flight they offer a option to check you in for the return flight automatically when it is 24 hours before. Plus I enjoy the upgrades. Good luck

You must be a 1k or GS member, silvers and golds are not seeing upgrades these days.