Yep,you herd right,I'm cashing in my sip & sail!

pro76

Last year I booked a Canada & New England cruise on the Regal Princess. Just a regular BC category balcony. The fare was a whopping $1719.00 pp, but that included the coveted AIBP, so I figured that this itinerary was just more expensive than a similer Caribbean cruise. Well it sure pays to watch your fare! Under the current "Red,White+Blue sale,my fare has been reduced to a more palatable $1174.00 pp! but no AIBP! That's a $545.00 savings pp! Worst case scenario,repurchase the AIPB on board at $400.00 pp.and pocket $290.00! WOW!

That's awesome. I always do the math and will take reduced price, other perks or OBC if it's worth it to me. For one thing under normal circumstances I don't usually drink enough to make it pay. Of course if they want to give it to me I'll take it.

I always check my fares at least once a week to see if the latest deal is better than my current package.

When it's past the date I can change I stop looking.

Last year booked at $1799 and free specialty restaurant

Sailed $1199 no restaurant but about $650 OBC.

It pays to watch.

Can I get some clarification...or explanation?

Our final payment date is coming in the next few days. Price for our current category cabin has gone down by about $40 ea.... not much, I admit, but $40 is $40....

Can I just call my agent to get a price adjustment...or does it involve a rebooking and loss of our perks?

If I lose my perks, then obviously, it's NOT worth it...do I lose them?

How does this work exactly?

Our final payment date is coming in the next few days. Price for our current category cabin has gone down by about $40 ea.... not much, I admit, but $40 is $40....

Can I just call my agent to get a price adjustment...or does it involve a rebooking and loss of our perks?

Usually for new bookings only and yes most of the time you can lose the promotion you booked under.

Doesn't hurt to ask Princess or your TA though.

Last year I booked a Canada & New England cruise on the Regal Princess. Just a regular BC category balcony. The fare was a whopping $1719.00 pp, but that included the coveted AIBP, so I figured that this itinerary was just more expensive than a similer Caribbean cruise. Well it sure pays to watch your fare! Under the current "Red,White+Blue sale,my fare has been reduced to a more palatable $1174.00 pp! but no AIBP! That's a $545.00 savings pp! Worst case scenario,repurchase the AIPB on board at $400.00 pp.and pocket $290.00! WOW!

Really worth the effort!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you switch to current pricing, you also switch to current perks. So if the perks you have are not part of the current pricing, you will lose them.

Unless the same perks are being offered currently, you will most likely loose them. So you have to look to see if there are new perks that you like or if the reduction in price is worth more than the perks you will use. I say "perks you will use" because I don't always find the perks that come with a booking useful. For example, the AIBP for a non drinker wouldn't be of that much value so they may want to take the OBC alternative instead.

The best thing to do is contact you TA and find out what the trade off of getting the reduced price will be.