Military Discount ??

Lyndihop

I just noticed that Princess will give a $100 credit for active and retired military.

We have already made a deposit for a future cruise, is it too late to take advantage of the discount?

It's not a discount, it's OBC. You have to provide documentation, but once you do, you'll get OBC on every cruise you take. See here: http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

Another feature of the military benefit is that it is refundable if you do not use up all your onboard credit during the cruise. The shareholder benefit is not refundable. If you do have a refund of your onboard credit coming, it will come as a check in the mail a few weeks after the cruise ends. Make sure you don't throw away any envelope thinking it is junk mail.

Another feature of the military benefit is that it is refundable if you do not use up all your onboard credit during the cruise. The shareholder benefit is not refundable. If you do have a refund of your onboard credit coming, it will come as a check in the mail a few weeks after the cruise ends. Make sure you don't throw away any envelope thinking it is junk mail.

My check had a return address from "Bottomline" & it appeared to be junk mail. The PSD said if under $25 we'd get a cash refund from them but anything higher they mail us a check.

Princess has the best cruise industry military benefit and it is greatly appreciated. :D

It is the best, for sure. Up to $250 per vet (2 to a cabin). My DW is a vet and I'm retired, so on the TA's we get $500 OBC (less on the shorter cruises, of course). And, unlike other cruise lines, Princess provides this OBC on every cruise you take - you only have to enroll once and they take care of it after that. Thanks Princess!!!

No it is not too late. I submitted the info as per the link and emailed a copy of my retired military ID and I saw the OBC show up within about a week.

Don

A couple of facts about the Veterans' OBC that you may or may not know:

1. It will be automatically credited to any future Princess cruises that you might take.

2. It will be linked to your Captain's Circle number (that's the way it gets credited to future cruises.)

3. You need to make sure that if you book through a travel agent that you make sure your Captain's Circle Number is put into your reservation so you will get the Veterans' OBC on that cruise.

Tom

I just noticed that Princess will give a $100 credit for active and retired military.

We have already made a deposit for a future cruise, is it too late to take advantage of the discount?

It's not just active and retired that are eligible for the Veterans' OBC. Anybody with 2 years of military duty and an honorable discharge are eligible also.

Tom

It's not just active and retired that are eligible for the Veterans' OBC. Anybody with 2 years of military duty and an honorable discharge are eligible also.

Tom

Also by serving "6 months in an active war zone" which makes personnel such as National Guard members & other reservists eligible for their active duty service in Middle East war zones.

It's not limited to combat personnel only & also includes Naval personnel serving on ships in active war zones.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Also by serving "6 months in an active war zone" which makes personnel such as National Guard members & other reservists eligible for their active duty service in Middle East war zones.

It's not limited to combat personnel only & also includes Naval personnel serving on ships in active war zones.

You're correct. I should have put that in there also. Thanks for catching it.

Tom

You're correct. I should have put that in there also. Thanks for catching it.

Tom

You covered nearly everything & like in the military it's a team effort to get all eligible veterans this great Princess "thanks". :)

This great program started in 2011 under the watch of former Princess president Alan Buckelew who was a US Army combat soldier in Vietnam & created this great program for many military personnel from around the world...US, Canada, UK, Australia & NZ.

http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/cruise-blog/50-essential-experiences/a-soldier-returns-on-a-cruise-to-vietnam-as-a-tourist.html#.VcfzxkpHarU

Military OBC:

6 days or fewer: $50 per eligible person

7 - 13 days: $100 per eligible person

14 days or longer: $250 per eligible person

Unlike some other lines Princess will allow combining this with any other OBC. Please note that this is a per person benefit and not a per cabin benefit. Multiple eligible people in a single cabin can all get the OBC.

Thrak, glad you posted about all military in cabin being able to get this OBC. My husband was AF and now my son will be going to the USCGA so he will also be military. DS will now be able to get his own OBC. He never seems to get a lot when he is always the 3rd in the cabin.

Thrak, glad you posted about all military in cabin being able to get this OBC. My husband was AF and now my son will be going to the USCGA so he will also be military. DS will now be able to get his own OBC. He never seems to get a lot when he is always the 3rd in the cabin.

Military OBC:

6 days or fewer: $50 per eligible person

7 - 13 days: $100 per eligible person

14 days or longer: $250 per eligible person

Unlike some other lines Princess will allow combining this with any other OBC. Please note that this is a per person benefit and not a per cabin benefit. Multiple eligible people in a single cabin can all get the OBC.

First and second people in each cabin only. If third and fourth are also veterans they are not eligible for the OBC. That is stated on the front of the application form.

Tom

First and second people in each cabin only. If third and fourth are also veterans they are not eligible for the OBC. That is stated on the front of the application form.

Tom

Thanks for the correction.

I just went and read the military cruise benefit program for myself on the princess site. It can be applied to the 3rd or 4th person in a cabin. The only stipulation is that only 2 people per cabin max can claim it.

So if my son does still cruise with us, and why wouldn't he if we are paying :D, then both he and my husband can both receive the OBC.