Insulated mugs & beach towel questions

lasekeye

First time cruiser here, these boards are filled with great info, thanks for letting me lurk for a few years.

We aren't big drinkers, so we have decided to not purchase a drink pkg., we will try to stick to the included iced tea & lemonade that is included on the ship.

We are sailing with Carnival on the Legend, Is it frowned upon if I bring my insulated travel mug & will I be able to get ice to keep my lemonade cold?

Do I need to bring my own beach towel from home for port days in Hawaii, or is it ok to take towels from our cabin?

My family of 4 just recently off of the Paradise. We all took our own Yeti cups and kept them filled with lemonade the entire time. We also brought a 12pk of Coke to have with us at Dinner each night. Our room didn't have a fridge so we just asked the bar for a bucket of ice each day and then brought it back to the room stuck the drinks in it so they were good and cold for dinner. Have a great time!

Carnival will ask that you to use one of their cups to fill your large cup.. they want you to use a clean cup every time it is filled..

I personally have never seen anyone follow this rule, just wanted to throw it out there as some people get grossed out when people use personal cups they have been drinking from all day, to get a refill.

If your stateroom does not have a refrigerator, you can bring a small soft sided cooler and have the room steward fill it with ice. When we bring ours, we usually will leave it out on the balcony or sitting in the shower in case of leaks. We also keep a gallon zip lock bag inside of the cooler for the ice.

A really nice treat if you like coffee is to take your travel mug and put a little soft serve ice cream in it and then top it off with coffee. Travel mugs are very handy on a cruise. You will see a lot of people with their own travel mug.

Have fun on your first cruise!!

Carnival will ask that you to use one of their cups to fill your large cup.. they want you to use a clean cup every time it is filled..

I personally have never seen anyone follow this rule, just wanted to throw it out there as some people get grossed out when people use personal cups they have been drinking from all day, to get a refill.

You'll be happy to know that my husband and I DO use the plastic cups to fill our bottles with ice and water. Afterwards, we spend a few minutes trying to figure out what to do with said plastic cup. :')

We never vacation without these ( https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Travel-Towel-Lightweight-Antibacterial/dp/B01D0IE798/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1497476927&sr=8-5&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel ) We also charter sail boats and these towels are awesome. They take up no space, dry very quickly, and you can clean them with a little soap in the shower. When you are bringing a beach bag to your shore excursion, Carnival's towels take up 1/2 of the bag. Everyone who sees them asks me about them.