Up at 6AM, got ready had breakfast

Final Breakfast was in Windjammer

35204557752_5516fab6c1_b.jpg

An Overcast Rainy Day just to add to the gloom of having to go home

34528285754_4219ac0eb6_b.jpg

A look out our cabin window while docking at Cape Liberty

35204558262_63313f5f14_b.jpg

34528286574_53b327aac5_b.jpg

Went to Royal Theatre for 7:20, Self Carry Off Group1 debarkation time was between 7:30-8:00 AM. Around 7:30 we were on our way, bit of a wait to scan our sea passes.

We were off the ship by 7:40

35204559132_c3fe88eee1_b.jpg

Through customs by 7:48

35204559242_1a8dafc7b4_b.jpg

Paid for parking and on the road home by 8AM

Loved this ship and this cruise wish it was longer, time to start looking forward to our next adventure...

Thats about it, thanks for following along…

Our guide Pablo Garcia then walked us back to the port, can’t say enough good things about Pablo and this tour…

Just as we were about to leave the port Celebrity Equinox was just pulling in, this is the ship that started it all. We took a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Equinox in May 2012 and obviously we were hooked. We just took our 13th cruise since then.

35240618021_c215298bb9_b.jpg

How sweet! that was meant to be :D :hearteyes:

I hope to be able to tell a similar story some day. Taking my FIRST cruise in Sept :)

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa N.

Loved, loved, loved the review;p Very thorough, well thought out. Your photos were fabulous! Out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use?

We are all going in August. Your review only makes the waiting even worse. Anthem of the Seas will be our first on the Quantum class. From your review, you seem to have a very favorable impression of the ship.

Loved, loved, loved the review;p Very thorough, well thought out. Your photos were fabulous! Out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use?

We are all going in August. Your review only makes the waiting even worse. Anthem of the Seas will be our first on the Quantum class. From your review, you seem to have a very favorable impression of the ship.

I used a Sony A6000 mirrorless camera and my Google Pixel cell phone for photos. Except the zip line and coaster in Labadee, these photos while doing the attraction are just screen captures from my GoPro video.

Of all cruise ships we've been on Quantum class is our favorite. We love the Solarium, Two70, Music Hall...Love that they have so many hot tubs and pools areas.

Took in the 6PM We Will Rock You show, being a Queen fan I thought it was amazing, loved it

35369943505_6bf5956eee_b.jpg

I see that most of the same talent are still the same ones as when we were on Anthem in March ;-)

Ujw5KntaMBSys1FvbZN_NhHISpLqgSpJ6WHwlCfDc0_p0FnsRyf3RRXfX4C8JobMzfDtwnX5MhEWuFQVUI6iDOapyFeKsyCib9HFRF8YUFBMNcLatMYIEPUyKh8-JOApfnOyHFVs0VsRVpRqB63ZEe6nkIYdbBxkZZnfJln4Za4CUoyyDLORUnRXoBmW3sF2aJ53VH4Xy4OTJx9p1-4dMD32Vk2CIvMieYx8GCk_1TCcviD0pdNc8I0B6FxTVQeN6tvfaFtcKYxTGSEsZ0JztZe9Qog-_lhsZRyFKQiB07aK1yLxlXnqQ8YbKmfUKbZTaalzKgvmXrZfG3gCLlEg-ovZ0IeO3--d-k1pkCLWCOe3jV6JDTeLVQfVTZX7Suo3f9047SzKJuvoUwqaoYhBEptuC_J88BCDe5zoGhLnGrWmX4QKhKQmZVpfFs7g8ZGADs9XTo8ulta-oN4y69JGPxa1k-dXx4LT9jCHeWg-1AjKQZC-WTzOn3_aW7QN9SBbAyWNfXaGTecMnQvKUSK0MTC9jC54nPYaCde1-ZLK6noKa9hPMYbWEyjtbJqRAp-b228tZIvFEylGKjO4pPmPfWmJHY_0TbstmqgL62BpEdcdT-gk8NVZ=w960-h540-no

Really loving your pictures, except that they are making me miss our cruise all over again. No future cruises booked yet so I'm going to have to work on that. Gonna have to check out the Costco Options ;)

EDIT: Just to add that I just finished all your pics and there are so many of them where I'm saying to myself:

I stood there,

I ate that,

I hung out there,

I sat there,

I tried that,

I met that bartender,

And so on... I'm reliving my cruise through your review.

Thanks

dp

Edited by dpostman

Amazing photos!

AGREED! You're terrific. Those Wonderland pics are amazing!!! And really it was the best dining experience? I am so jealous! This sounds just out of this world. Now I *REALLY* want to go on the Anthem! :D

You are so much fun! and so is your review! I'm eating it up! :)

Lisa N.

wonderful review! I can't wait until May!

I noticed in the debarking material that there was a zone for transfers to Times Square. We are going to NYC after our cruise for a few days. Not sure where we are staying yet, but Times Square location is possible. Do you remember how much this was?

Dear LouTheGlue,

Thank you so much for the helpful review!

We are booked on Anthem for fall 2018 to Canada/New England, but your review is really helpful for me regarding the ship!

Seems you really liked Anthem. Did you have Lobster for free in MDR? And I see there's Egg Benedict at the Windjammer buffet? :)

I also looked at your pictures and remembered being in many of those same spots in December, 2015 when we sailed her over Christmas. Have her booked again for this year, but if the prices don't drop, will cancel and see what happens after final payment.

Just a question for you...looking at the coupons you received as part of your booking amenities from your TA, I noticed that the specialty dining coupon specifically listed either Jaime's or Chops. Yet you were able to use it at Wonderland. I'm wondering how you managed that...did anyone say anything?

Loved your pictures. Sorry you came home to that intermittent rainstorm we had on Sunday.

Where did you walk? Was this just outside the dock? Or did you need to get a shuttle bus?

Also, how were the local island pastries? Would you say they were better than anything comparable on the ship?

Fantastic walking tour Pablo Garcia was an amazing guide, so much knowledge on the history and culture. Loved all the local food and beverages along the way. So glad we did this.

The walking tour started at this totem pole

34560779523_3169a95a5a_b.jpg

First stop was here for coffee and sandwich, they were fantastic

35331106196_cc1a02f4f5_b.jpg

35203908382_e35b45a5ca_b.jpg

34560782453_3b76311a76_b.jpg

wonderful review! I can't wait until May!

I noticed in the debarking material that there was a zone for transfers to Times Square. We are going to NYC after our cruise for a few days. Not sure where we are staying yet, but Times Square location is possible. Do you remember how much this was?

No sorry I'm not sure on the cost.

Dear LouTheGlue,

Thank you so much for the helpful review!

We are booked on Anthem for fall 2018 to Canada/New England, but your review is really helpful for me regarding the ship!

Seems you really liked Anthem. Did you have Lobster for free in MDR? And I see there's Egg Benedict at the Windjammer buffet? :)

Yes there are Eggs Benedict in the Windjammer, I didn't see them till the last day. I should know better to walk around the buffet before I make my selections, I would have seen them earlier, and they were really good.

Lobster was served the night we went to Wonderland so it is available for free, but we missed out.