Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

Tonights entertainment is Name That Tune, fun game show.

34560744883_83abc565aa_b.jpg

34560746913_c921ee7f01_b.jpg

35331204076_48d0ee2cde_b.jpg

34560748613_17856cacc0_b.jpg

Then to the Music Hall for Rock the Boat House Band, they were awesome, got the end to the 60’s set Johnny Cash, then caught the whole 70’s set they played some Zeppelin, SuperTramp, T-Rex, ELO, Bowie, great house band.

35370224105_2f8676ceba_b.jpg

35203985052_cdb713b244_b.jpg

Agree, Rock the Boat is such a great band. We saw every show on our 5 night earlier this month!

We are also sailing in August. When you disembarked, did you get your luggage before you went through Homeland or after? DH will be in a mobility scooter & I can't handle both our cases & our carry-ons.

You must get your luggage before you go through Homeland security. Maybe a porter can help you out.

This is exactly the type of review I was looking for!! Thanks so much. Sailing on her next year and I feel like I already know this ship...... I hope you know how helpful this review has been.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great review and loved the pictures! How many pools does Anthem have? From your pictures, it looks like one main and one in the solarium.

Anthem has an H2O pool zone for kids

Main Outdoor Pool

An Indoor pool (that has a retractable roof)

Adults only Solarium Pool

Several whirlpool/hot tubs

Anthem has an H2O pool zone for kids

Main Outdoor Pool

An Indoor pool (that has a retractable roof)

Adults only Solarium Pool

Several whirlpool/hot tubs

Thank you so much for your great review and amazing pics. Can you tell me, is the Solarium roof also retractable, and were the retractable roof/s opened very often?

This is exactly the type of review I was looking for!! Thanks so much. Sailing on her next year and I feel like I already know this ship...... I hope you know how helpful this review has been.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, that was my goal...

Thank you so much for your great review and amazing pics. Can you tell me, is the Solarium roof also retractable, and were the retractable roof/s opened very often?

I believe the indoor pool roof was opened a couple of days while in port, and NO the Solarium pool roof is not retractable.

Did you see anything about the mystery room? I know that is probably not the correct name but it sounds like it would be interesting.

It's called the escape room, it's right outside seaplex. It was fun, but difficult, if I had to get out by myself, I would still be there and our cruise was in April!!!

Marg

Did you see anything about the mystery room? I know that is probably not the correct name but it sounds like it would be interesting.

That was something we wanted to do, and never heard or saw anything about it, that's probably why it totally slipped our minds until you just mentioned it.

One question again:

Did they serve free drinks at the gangway when returning to the ship at regular ports of call (water, iced tea etc)?

some cruise lines like NCL, HAL or Princess do so. :)

Yes I do believe I remember seeing something setup with a blue canopy for ice water when returning to the port.

Awesome photo representation that everything Anthem has to offer. I am currently going through withdrawal from spending time with my favorite bartenders at the Schooner Bar. Can't wait to get back on eventually.

We are also sailing in August. When you disembarked, did you get your luggage before you went through Homeland or after? DH will be in a mobility scooter & I can't handle both our cases & our carry-ons.

Definitely get a porter to help you. The porters in Bayonne are great. The porters have a separate line, though with a scooter, they will most likely take you to the handicap line as they did for us since DH was using a cane. Once you clear customs, they will take you all the way to the garage. There is a loading area on the street level of the garage. Both times we sailed from there, the porter stayed while one of us was getting the car and then they loaded the car for us. Well worth the tip for us.

We got a porter in Port Canaveral in March. He was terrific. He volunteered to take his loaded cart directly to the car in the garage. He then proceeded to move everything into the car including the scooter. He did receive a very good tip which was well worth it. He did take us through a handicapped line then to the garage. I just wanted to find out what to expect in Bayonne.

Is Nelly's for suite people only? Can you sit on the beach or do you have to rent a cabana? Back in the day that was my fav spot but I don't think I can go there because I'm not renting a cabana or a suite guest.

[

Which beach did you go to?

quote=LouTheGlue;53344888]Then some relaxing on the beach and small lunch we shared

34527410664_1289ffe862_b.jpg

34560526933_025feea6e1_b.jpg

34527411654_5ef9f595f0_b.jpg

34527412194_ebf1c55830_b.jpg

34560526293_0ab9ddf567_b.jpg

34984631790_be8e0e44b1_b.jpg

Is Nelly's for suite people only? Can you sit on the beach or do you have to rent a cabana? Back in the day that was my fav spot but I don't think I can go there because I'm not renting a cabana or a suite guest.

I believe the Beach for Suite Guests is Barefoot Beach, Nellie's is for anyone...

Time to pack :(

Here is a look at the "As You Depart" paperwork

35369994805_7a00182337_b.jpg

35240280511_ee666f1e1a_b.jpg

Question about the Self Carry options -- Do you know the difference between the three time slots? Or specifically how guests are assigned to them, if they are? On previous cruises I only remember one self-carry option, the first passengers off the ship. Thanks!