Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

Just a wild shot, but do you know if they will give me the cheese plate with a cloche to take back to the room? I have to have some protein with my evening meds. I probably would only do it one or two nights, as it would last more than one night in the small frig.

This should be no problem at all. The other option is for you to make one yourself from the Windjammer and put it in your refrig. There are all sorts of cheeses and antipasti foods in the Windjammer at dinner.

Just a wild shot, but do you know if they will give me the cheese plate with a cloche to take back to the room? I have to have some protein with my evening meds. I probably would only do it one or two nights, as it would last more than one night in the small frig.

I took dessert back several times when I was too full at dinner but wanted something sweet later.

Cheese plate should be on the dessert menu so ask for it to go!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

i booked anthem way back in february and been researching heavily ever since. this is THE BEST review ive seen on here about the ship. ive never seen so many good pics of things that are important to me. like inside the terminal/parking. for a newbie these things matter. i probably have more questions but one i remember is a picture you took of chic (white chairs were in the pic and i think it was chic). there were 3 groups of 2 tops spaced apart from any other tables. it would be impossible even for a child to get between the middle table and the ends. so just wondering if those were meant for a group of 6 and the rear middle person to slide across the other tables or what the situation was. its silly but it stood out as a question for me since the tables were a few inches apart.

i loved the night north star pics. i booked early in the cruise but hopefully i can do standby for some nite trips. the pics of the food are GREAT. a lot more comprehensive detail. i seriously wish there was a way to save this thread as a pdf or something and have it on my phone when i get on the ship for reference.

there should be a sub forum just for reviews and yours pinned at the top

The table for 2 is always an issue for us. With the tables set up like that you may as well be sitting with others. On a cruise a few years ago the maitre D told us to ask for a " private" table for 2. Usually this works out well.

Marg

The table for 2 is always an issue for us. With the tables set up like that you may as well be sitting with others. On a cruise a few years ago the maitre D told us to ask for a " private" table for 2. Usually this works out well.

Marg

wait are you saying thats the normal seating for separate parties of 2. who would design such a horrible thing. wow.

ill def be asking for a more private table. i cannot imagine the discomfort of being in the middle there. totally awkward. what if the rear center person has to get out lol.seriously.

wait are you saying thats the normal seating for separate parties of 2. who would design such a horrible thing. wow.

ill def be asking for a more private table. i cannot imagine the discomfort of being in the middle there. totally awkward. what if the rear center person has to get out lol.seriously.

Slide the table to one side.. been there.. done that!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

well i do have reservations made for the week but i sure wont be eating there at all in such discomfort. id rather be in the buffet where you are supposed to be jammed together!

i ate on top of 2 different towers during my life and it sucked. i was 2nd table next to window and you had to look over the people to see out the view. it sucks for them and sucks for you. i'm done with that type of experience.

The chairs here look to be setup the same way my wife and I were sat on Liberty. The chairs are far enough from the wall that you just get up from the table as you would normally do, and simply walk around.

35331357786_0d99da9e52_b.jpg

If tables are setup like that with the back chairs being a straight bench... then... that would be problematic.

dp

i couldnt see the depth of the seating. still holy cow. if i wanted seating with strangers i would have gotten traditional dining, i would refuse that table and wait 30 minutes if i had to.

Probably our table neighbors felt like you, cause after the first night, we never saw them again ;).

• 3 weeks later...

I just stumbled across your review and it was amazing! Thank you for the incredible pictures and review! I'm going on the Anthem in October and cannot wait :) This will be my first Royal cruise and your review helped answer some of my questions.

I've been looking at mirrorless cameras. I have a Canon 7D and while I love it, it's so big, heavy, and bulky. Your pictures are just fantastic, it makes want to go out and get another camera.

So, we are taking Anthem in October with our 5 year old grand daughter and we went through your review together. She is so very excited and loved all of your pictures - as I did. Do you remember any Dream Works on the Compass? I have not said anything about this to her - just hope that we can book this when we get on board. Thank you for taking the time for sharing!

So, we are taking Anthem in October with our 5 year old grand daughter and we went through your review together. She is so very excited and loved all of your pictures - as I did. Do you remember any Dream Works on the Compass? I have not said anything about this to her - just hope that we can book this when we get on board. Thank you for taking the time for sharing!

That is going to be fun, we are taking our Grand Daughter on Harmony of the Seas May 2018, she will be 12 and is counting down the days...

DreamWorks Appearances in the Royal Esplanade daily also have some Professional Photo Opportunities with the DreamWorks characters

There was also a DreamWorks Performance and appearance in the Music Hall and a DreamWorks Character Breakfast Royal Caribbean Link

Sample Character Breakfast Menu attached

dreamworks_AL.pdf

I too, just discovered this wonderful review, with its stunning photography....and quick reply to questions....

One of the best I've had the pleasure to enjoy on Cruise Critic's!

Quick question...the last time I sailed from Cape Liberty, (May of 2015), they still had the open parking lot, in which we prepaid the entire fee upon arrival.

Is that still an option in the new garage, to save time upon departure? Or must you wait until departure to pay?

I too, just discovered this wonderful review, with its stunning photography....and quick reply to questions....

One of the best I've had the pleasure to enjoy on Cruise Critic's!

Quick question...the last time I sailed from Cape Liberty, (May of 2015), they still had the open parking lot, in which we prepaid the entire fee upon arrival.

Is that still an option in the new garage, to save time upon departure? Or must you wait until departure to pay?

You pay when you're leaving. But there are a few pay stations and someone was there to assist. It really only took a minute. The biggest hold up when leaving was the lineup for the parking garage elevator. We took the stairs up one floor to our vehicle.

Marg

thanks for that tip. I would hate being wedged between two tables. Do you have to ask for a private table for two each night you are in the dining room or do you just have to tell them once on the first night?

and Lou, I can't thank you enough. I'm a planner, love doing it, and I now have menus for days 1-7 and day 9. I just need 8 and my menu collection is complete LOL!

Would you happen to have another picture of the Michael's pub menu? The one you posted early in your cruise is a bit difficult to read. If not, no worries. I LOVED LOVED LOVED all the pictures you posted!

That is going to be fun, we are taking our Grand Daughter on Harmony of the Seas May 2018, she will be 12 and is counting down the days...

DreamWorks Appearances in the Royal Esplanade daily also have some Professional Photo Opportunities with the DreamWorks characters

There was also a DreamWorks Performance and appearance in the Music Hall and a DreamWorks Character Breakfast Royal Caribbean Link

Sample Character Breakfast Menu attached

Thanks so very much for sharing. Do you book the breakfast while on board? It is not in our cruise planner to book - I just don't want to miss the opportunity if we can book prior to boarding. And do you know if Trolls are on board Anthem?

You pay when you're leaving. But there are a few pay stations and someone was there to assist. It really only took a minute. The biggest hold up when leaving was the lineup for the parking garage elevator. We took the stairs up one floor to our vehicle.

Thanks, Lou.... appreciate the response....

thanks for that tip. I would hate being wedged between two tables. Do you have to ask for a private table for two each night you are in the dining room or do you just have to tell them once on the first night?

and Lou, I can't thank you enough. I'm a planner, love doing it, and I now have menus for days 1-7 and day 9. I just need 8 and my menu collection is complete LOL!

Would you happen to have another picture of the Michael's pub menu? The one you posted early in your cruise is a bit difficult to read. If not, no worries. I LOVED LOVED LOVED all the pictures you posted!

That's the only Michael's Pub menu I got, I agree it's not very good...

Thanks so very much for sharing. Do you book the breakfast while on board? It is not in our cruise planner to book - I just don't want to miss the opportunity if we can book prior to boarding. And do you know if Trolls are on board Anthem?

I think I remember seeing the DreamWorks Breakfast in our Cruise Planner, but not 100% sure. Keep checking the planner. If you don't see it before your cruise inquire as soon as you board.

You need to find someone willing to film/photograph during check in or reserve separate times.

Biker, who was the photographer for two couples who simply asked.

How strange I was just on last week and my wife and I went at the same session, I mentioned that I wanted to take photos of her and vice versa to the instructor (a nice English guy) he said no problem, my wife and another lady stayed outside of the tunnel while the rest of us went and they me and the husband of the lady went out to video our wives go.

Great review to relive my 5 night cruise last week on Anthem. Only wish it was longer and this review makes me wish I could do a 9 night cruise on Anthem, unfortunately, the Zika threat has us not wanting to go to the Caribbean until we finish having kids or it's eradicated.

I really, really enjoyed this! Thanks so much.

Brought back memories of my short 5 nights on the Anthem and of course, 5 nights isn't enough...

Shows, food, relaxation and fun, you cover it all here! Not to mention parking, lol!

I nearly decided to skip "We Will Rock You" as I would not describe myself as a Queen fan, but I actually quite thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Really great info and pictures! Your venue shots are wonderful. The trikes and the ziplines! Looks like so much fun. There was some definite note taking on my part for future reference! Thanks for a fun and informative read! And the bit about cooking on Father's Day made me laugh! Happy Father's Day (a month and a half late, lol)

(y)(y)(y)