Is it okay to jump ahead in your cruise?

WahtDa

I am considering enjoying the 7 day East Caribbean on the Escape next year and was thinking of taking a Ferry from St Thomas to Jost Van Dyke, camping there overnight (or on whatever beach that allows camping) and rejoining the ship in Tortola the next day. Is this allowed?

You'll have to ask Guest Services onboard. I know if you miss your ship in a port, you are responsible for meeting up with the ship at a later port, so theoretically it's possible. But you'll have to see if you can make arrangements onboard.

You'll have to ask Guest Services onboard. I know if you miss your ship in a port, you are responsible for meeting up with the ship at a later port, so theoretically it's possible. But you'll have to see if you can make arrangements onboard.

Missing a port intentionally is way different than missing a port unintentionally. There are customs requirements if the person is going to intentionally stay overnight as opposed to leave on the ship. It could possibly be done but you'd def wanna get that approval in writing ahead of time. Otherwise you risk getting to tortola to find out the ship boxed up your things and left them at st thomas and refuses you boarding in tortola.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

St. Thomas is USVI and Tortola is BVI, so if you jump the ship you'll be breaking the closed loop (you'll need to take your passport to travel to Tortola). Then, all of you (yeah, the whole ship) may need to go thru Immigration upon return to Miami.

So, don't do that, okay :).

ENJOY.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I am thinking I'm wrong as we have had pax missing ship in some of Ports of calls.

A couple of years or so ago there was incidents when the pax joined the ship at Cozumel that caused the whole ship to go thru US Immigration upon return to Tampa.

It would probably be complicated. As a side note I missed my cruise once in San Juan when a friend and I took an excursion that came back late. When we got to the dock we saw the ship leaving. The cabbie found us a cheap hotel where we stayed for the night and the next morning we took a flight to meet them at the next island. I worked for an airline at the time and luckily could buy the flight tickets from my phone. Also thank goodness that we had taken our passports. I like to call it our overnight excursion but would never want to do it again.