Badminton

Oasis and Allure both boast of having a Badminton Court, But i cant find any reference to it being played on board, unlike the Basketball. Does anyone know if Badminton is played at all, as I am a regular player.

Where do they boast that they have badminton? I know they play volleyball on the basketball court, but have never seen or read anywhere that they have badminton.

Where do they boast that they have badminton? I know they play volleyball on the basketball court, but have never seen or read anywhere that they have badminton.

I have only been on Oasis, don't recall seeing badminton. We are on Harmony in August, I would love to see badminton on that ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have only been on Oasis, don't recall seeing badminton. We are on Harmony in August, I would love to see badminton on that ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I searched the Royal Caribbean website and the word badminton had no results. Not sure where the OP is seeing this boasting????

I believe that I have solved the mystery. Here is an article from 2012.

http://www.ibtimes.com/worlds-largest-cruise-ships-look-inside-photos-709417

This is the caption under the fourth photo down, which shows the sports deck:

"The multi-functional basketball, volleyball and badminton court of cruise ship MS Allure of the Seas, the world's largest passenger vessel is pictured after the ship was delivered by South Korean shipbuilder STX to Royal Caribbean at a shipyard in Turku October 28, 2010. REUTERS"

I believe that I have solved the mystery. Here is an article from 2012.

http://www.ibtimes.com/worlds-largest-cruise-ships-look-inside-photos-709417

This is the caption under the fourth photo down, which shows the sports deck:

"The multi-functional basketball, volleyball and badminton court of cruise ship MS Allure of the Seas, the world's largest passenger vessel is pictured after the ship was delivered by South Korean shipbuilder STX to Royal Caribbean at a shipyard in Turku October 28, 2010.REUTERS"

Badminton must have gone the way of the blimp balloon thingy that didn't survive sea trials.

Why in the world would anyone want to play Badminton?

According to the internet, and you know that has to be accurate, 14 million people in 160 countries play badminton. Some of them have to cruise.... right?

So there is or is not badminton? And will I need to bring my own racket and birdie?

I think there is an old set in the garage, but I will need time to find it? Probably in a box with long darts.

I only play shuffle board on ships, I guess I could add badminton to that routine.

My badminton racquet is in the tree at Mary Carillo's house.

(Google it, people)

Seriously, I have never seen badminton played on a cruise ship, but if there was it would be on the sports, i.e. basketball, court.

Sent from my iPad using Forums