Anthem - No Dynamic Dining - how do Formal Nights work?

Looking to book Anthem for October 2018.... and haven't booked prior because I wanted no part of Dynamic Dining. Now that DD is no longer - I'm open to booking!

But! From the threads, I read that traditional dining is offered in 2 of the restaurants - Grande and Silk.

1 - How are the menu's? Did the menus change to being traditional and not "special" as they used to be?

2 - Are there set formal nights now? Grande was the "formal" dining room - requiring formal attire - is that no longer the case?

Any help is appreciated! I am twisting arms to get people to go on Anthem, as no one liked the way the dining was in the past - and I'm hoping it is more "traditional" like the other ships.

Looking to book Anthem for October 2018.... and haven't booked prior because I wanted no part of Dynamic Dining. Now that DD is no longer - I'm open to booking!

But! From the threads, I read that traditional dining is offered in 2 of the restaurants - Grande and Silk.

1 - How are the menu's? Did the menus change to being traditional and not "special" as they used to be?

2 - Are there set formal nights now? Grande was the "formal" dining room - requiring formal attire - is that no longer the case?

Any help is appreciated! I am twisting arms to get people to go on Anthem, as no one liked the way the dining was in the past - and I'm hoping it is more "traditional" like the other ships.

The current Anthem menus are in a review by LouTheGlue. They are not the basil/mojo/pomodoro etc menus you see on most of the other ships. They have some of those offerings but they also have some of the offerings that Anthem had with Dynamic Dining. Formal nights are handled as they are on other ships with filet of beef on the first formal and lobster tail on the second formal, if you are doing a longer cruise and not the 5 night.

Edit:

Link to the review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511902&highlight=loutheglue

Edited by reallyitsmema

Traditional early and late seating dining is held in Chic and Grande (deck 3) and you are assigned to specific tables for the duration of the cruise. My Time Dining is held in American Icon and Silk (deck 4). American Icon is primarily for folks with reservations and Silk is for folks without reservations, but they will shift things around according to demand. The menus are the same in all 4 dining rooms.

Formal nights occur in all 4 restaurants on the designated formal nights. However, in reality formal nights have become much more casual overall. Folks tend to be nicely dressed, but not really "formal". Jackets are certainly no longer required for men.

Traditional early and late seating dining is held in Chic and Grande (deck 3) and you are assigned to specific tables for the duration of the cruise. My Time Dining is held in American Icon and Silk (deck 4). American Icon is primarily for folks with reservations and Silk is for folks without reservations, but they will shift things around according to demand. The menus are the same in all 4 dining rooms.

Formal nights occur in all 4 restaurants on the designated formal nights. However, in reality formal nights have become much more casual overall. Folks tend to be nicely dressed, but not really "formal". Jackets are certainly no longer required for men.

This clears things up for me. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums