What's the one thing I forgot to put on my list?

I always bring a length of string to connect my magnetic hooks for hanging things, also finds lots of uses for zip seal plastic bags. The bags turn out to protect lots of stuff including keeping sand out of many things.

J.

If going to Cuba, my advice is to pack a couple of small hotel soap bars to take on excursions. We found most restrooms did not have soap. You could leave them behind for the next customers if you'd like. :)

Also, if you have leftover British pounds, Canadian dollars, or Euros from another trip, take those to exchange for cucs to avoid the ten percent penalty for exchanging US dollars.

Hth,

Jan

Two bottles of wine - now allowed per cabin. Pack in carryon so you don't get sent to the naughty room.

Not sure if I would take extension cord/adapter. Often confiscated.

Wine is already packed, two bottles. Thank you for the advice on the extension cord. It's always been suggested for other cruises we've taken. Honestly, we don't always use it so no big deal leaving it home. The multi-outlet adapter is another story, though. That has always come in handy.

If going to Cuba, my advice is to pack a couple of small hotel soap bars to take on excursions. We found most restrooms did not have soap. You could leave them behind for the next customers if you'd like. :)

Also, if you have leftover British pounds, Canadian dollars, or Euros from another trip, take those to exchange for cucs to avoid the ten percent penalty for exchanging US dollars.

Hth,

Jan

Wonderful suggestions, thanks! We do have a few euros and will toss those in the bag.

I always bring a length of string to connect my magnetic hooks for hanging things, also finds lots of uses for zip seal plastic bags. The bags turn out to protect lots of stuff including keeping sand out of many things.

J.

Thanks! Yes, I use ziplock bags extensively when traveling. Handy for so many things. String shall be added. :)

Envelopes are supplied by ship

We like pool towels clip (boca)

Credit card without a foreign transaction fee

Thank you! Bringing the cards of course, but we understand that they aren't accepted in Cuba.

Hydrogen Peroxide Wipes...

We always wipe down the room first thing.

I know the rest of the ship is a bacteria machine....but at least our cabin can be tidy.276e7b63fff2fddd49c68f3bb91a2d11.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

LOVE this - yep, will grab a bunch of Clorox wipes. Great suggestion!

I know you listed toiletries but detail them Easy to forget one item

Deodorant

Shampoo

Conditioner

Hair Spray

Razor

Shaving creBruam

Toothpaste/Brush

First Aid

Anti itch cream for bug bites (or my DH had a reaction to something unknow, ship detergent maybe)

Neosporin

Did you pack a bathing suit?

Enjoy your cruise.

Toilet paper or Kleenex for Cuba. My coworkers husband is Cuban but was raised in the states he recently traveled to Cuba to visit with family. They told him to bring his own toilet paper he took Kleenex. Supposedly they don't have any in their restrooms but someones there to sell it to you. I would also take bottle water too. I took a small fan on my last cruise. A lanyard.

I like to bring a few extra cheap plastic hangers depending on the number of days of the cruise. Then I can hang everything so the wrinkles fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your cabin steward will bring you extra hangers. We always need extra.....

Your cabin steward will bring you extra hangers. We always need extra.....

I just ran into too many cases where they didn't have extra that I come prepared! I will say newer cruise ships haven't needed them over the last 5 years or so.

I put in a couple of coozys to help bottle drinks stay colder and my own small corkscrew and bottle topper. Depending on excursions, a small bug spray might be needed. I've just discovered that on upcoming cruise, interior and ocean view cabins don't have a fridge so I'm packing a small soft sided collapsable insulated cooler in case that ice bucket doesn't cut it.

I like to bring a few extra cheap plastic hangers depending on the number of days of the cruise. Then I can hang everything so the wrinkles fall out.

Have been cruising since the early 1990's and have always found cabin steward will bring extra hangers on request.