LIVE from the Celebrity Summit: 6/27/17 Independence Day Canada & New England Cruise

doggfan7

We are finally home! Disembarkation took longer than expected due to what appeared to be from my perspective not enough customs officers. It was well organized however and breakfast in the Cosmopolitan was good.

Safe travels to everyone boarding today in the miserable, driving rain. Captain Kate stays on for the next cruise but will not be the Captain. She stays on to transition Captain Alex, so it's more of a vacation for her. Maybe you'll see her around the pool deck!

Overall, I don't think I will sail any M-Class ships again. It is funny to me how so many people post about not wanting to see them replaced. You see it in almost every industry, people get comfortable and don't want to see anything upgraded or replaced, despite how out of style or condition it might be. Things can't last forever and Celebrity needs to attract a younger demographic. Also, you cannot have a slogan "Modern Luxury" when nothing on the ship says "Modern." Just my two cents.

I found the food very inconsistent, especially towards the end of the cruise. Tuscan Grill stinks and needs to be replaced completely. Qsine is wonderful. The poor upkeep and maintenance of the ship and cabin were very surprising to us for a "premium" line. The service was excellent, however. Great cabin steward (George) and other than a few nights in the Cosmopolitan, the wait staff was superb (especially in Qsine and Tuscan (even though the food stunk)).

Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for the great in depth review. Very, very helpful. Hope you had a great time and I'm definitely doing Qsine

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...
I'm curious, how is lobster cooked to order? Isn't it done or not done?

They must be live when they go into the steamer or boiling water. Depending upon size that takes 10-20 minutes. Memo to lobster newbies: skip the 1 1/2 lb as well as anything over 2 pounds. :halo:

• 2 months later...

I was on the cruise and found it wonderful. Dined in MDR and the food was fine to me. Ship was in better condition than what I expected although it shows it's age as many chairs need to be replaced. Very friendly crew! To those who make statements like "I will never cruise on Summit again" remember that there is a MAJOR Drydock and Summit as well as the other M Class ships will emerge as virtually new ships as all cabins will be replaced. Some Veranda cabins will have the Edge Infinity balconies. In fact they are converting one cabin soon to test the system.

This thread is from the 2017 Independence day cruise. There also was a 2018 Independence Day cruise which also embarked on June 27, but a year later in 2018. Educators2 did a lovely live report from the 2018 cruise, which ended on July 8th. For those who are considering this itinerary in the future, it was a lovely combination of ports.

I was on the cruise and found it wonderful. ....

Orator: We met on the 2018 cruise. Were you also on the 2017 cruise? I thought you had said that it had been a number of years since you had been on the Summit. Or perhaps I am confusing who I met on board.

We are doing a land trip up that way in a few weeks, so your information is great!

We did a land trip last year. The visitors center is in front of the Marriott, we did a couple nice cheap tours. We took a tour of the city which included a stop at the breakers. We also did a nice harbor tour. Take notice that across from the visitors center is the oldest operating minor league baseball park. Might catch a game if you desire. Also, if you go to the left of the Marriott all the way back and go through the fence there is an excellent food truck for seafood. Good lobster rolls. We are doing this cruise in 2019.