LIVE from the Celebrity Summit: 6/27/17 Independence Day Canada & New England Cruise

doggfan7

Boston on the 4th, what fun! Go to the Public Gardens & ride the Swan Boats! A must with the little one (& a good way to relax & sit down!). Have dinner at NoName Restaurant then Go to the Boston Pops. You will not be able to see any fireworks from onboard, the skyline gets in the way. Enjoying your review

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Duckboat Tours are also lots of fun for the little ones. You get lots of interesting history for the adults and the children love when the vehicle they thought was a bus goes into the water.

Dinner last night was at Qsine. It was really special, everything we tried was great and we left as full as we have all trip so far. Service was great as well, highly recommend it.

667dc1a26a441571dc10c4ee11c0f7dc.jpg1e56f8244749d74522387b448f49faff.jpgdb2ca772f65f2bedc024ababb21d33fa.jpgaa70d0085b6478f1dc607b6e66937bd6.jpg8c941fdd38d8789a3e221ba476e958d5.jpg4ae0f06d89d116f680c31e506ac33a1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot to take a picture of the filet mignon but we had that as well and it was really good. We couldn't decide on one dessert, so the waiter suggested smaller portions of both the cupcakes special and the chocolate tombstone. Don't judge my cupcake creation, it tasted great.

b941d55e53a59837d66a5441e2b8cb09.jpge731a76fac0364a8b42bc3402fdeda3c.jpg456422c8537f108ff5ebabf1259e0f21.jpg

After dinner, we attended the Majority Rules game show which was fun. The show was iMagic and it was a really good show, however the magician's constant fake laugh got on my nerves, :).

Today we were in Halifax and the weather is still crappy with very low visibility due to the fog and rain. I wasn't feeling particularly well but we still walked the Harbour Walk down to the Maritime Museum where we spent some time exploring the free museum before walking back. There were tons of Canada Day celebrations going on with tons of food stalls, bands playing and vendors. I did not take as many pictures as I wish I did mostly because I was feeling a little under the weather. Tomorrow we will try again.

5ab6c40332bf8962780ca803120ecad7.jpg

Lunch was at the Oceanview cafe where they had plenty of Canadian culinary creations for Canada Day. I enjoyed the Sheppards pie with pumpkin.

Love love love the pictures. I would certainly speak to the room steward about torn sheets and stained sofa. If he fails to do anything I would ask to speak to the head house keeper. Sofa is unexceptable.

Norma

Love love love the pictures. I would certainly speak to the room steward about torn sheets and stained sofa. If he fails to do anything I would ask to speak to the head house keeper. Sofa is unexceptable.

Norma

I agree, especially with a little one who is likely to be climbing on the coach. I'd make them swap that out for a clean couch.

Well this may be a controversial post. Tonight we had dinner at the Tuscan Grille. The service was very good and the atmosphere very welcoming. But overall, Tuscan Grille stunk.

We realize we may be biased living in the New Jersey/New York area. We are privileged to enjoy some of the best Italian food around. But what we were served tonight ranged from inedible (the pork belly) to average at best. It is, as other posters have pointed out in reviews that we read, a gloried Olive Garden. We had planned to come here twice on our dining package but have reduced the number of meals in our plan.

As mentioned the pork belly was absolutely inedible. The flatbread, calamari, and chicken Parmesan were bland and slightly weird tasting. The side dishes of eggplant parm and spinach were mushy blobs. My ribeye and the lobster rigatoni alfredo were average. My strawberry shortcake was good.

f355b97157a71636a7d2cf8b408098fc.jpgcf5ce95ee32bbba7cf16e1fcafd3bd77.jpg614d990cb82014313d77f99325057994.jpg574c3a097fbbb14cbddb002a8549477a.jpg172d5fc17abd5bed86116e7cae843134.jpgbf8e6322a2584c8a115cc28af74a5831.jpg

I agree.. maybe it is jersey thing (I'm from North jersey).. have eaten @ tuscan ateast 3 times on different ships and it just doesn't live up to the hype.

Is there hype for it? Most of the reviews I have read were poor, but I went in anyway with an open mind.

Fireworks tonight were not really visible from he ship, mostly due to the very thick fog we are experiencing. We did make out some of the bursts so had their not been fog it is likely we would have been able to see them from the ship after all.

Prior to the fireworks, we attended the progressive music trivia which they do every night and each teams score is cumulative for the cruise. This was our first time going, but it turns out we should have gone the whole time, as we got 30/30 questions right and scored first! This gets a good crowd too! DD helped our team out when 'Let it Go' was the question!

Here are tomorrow's dailies. 90% chance of rain again. Poop.

77c8957a3030d3e80f1ac4adb4873500.jpga1c9171a57577943ff9c7ffd990947d5.jpg0d207cbe66a9da35fb1e41b18b18081a.jpg857a19ba31921c46b53cde47a56de539.jpg

Enjoying your review very much:).......your daughter is absolutely adorable:D

I have to agree with those folks who have said the cabin issues (sheets, etc) are UNacceptable:(....and please speak

to the cabin attendant.

And Tuscan, it is not a Jersey thing..........it is a food thing........you took the photos so we could see what was served.

And it doesn't look appetizing (in my opinion) so I am guessing it did not taste good either. Really sorry about that.......

what a waste of $$...........:eek:

Glad you are overall having a good cruise though.:)

I welcome the feedback regarding Tuscan on Summit.

I've found Tuscan to be very inconsistent. I thought it was good on Reflection and Constellation but bad on Eclipse and Solstice:confused:

We were on Summit in May 2016 and Oct 2016 so our experience is dated. We did not enjoy it either time.

Well this may be a controversial post. Tonight we had dinner at the Tuscan Grille. The service was very good and the atmosphere very welcoming. But overall, Tuscan Grille stunk.

We realize we may be biased living in the New Jersey/New York area. We are privileged to enjoy some of the best Italian food around. But what we were served tonight ranged from inedible (the pork belly) to average at best. It is, as other posters have pointed out in reviews that we read, a gloried Olive Garden. We had planned to come here twice on our dining package but have reduced the number of meals in our plan.

As mentioned the pork belly was absolutely inedible. The flatbread, calamari, and chicken Parmesan were bland and slightly weird tasting. The side dishes of eggplant parm and spinach were mushy blobs. My ribeye and the lobster rigatoni alfredo were average. My strawberry shortcake was good.

Not controversial to me. Can't see why anyone pays to eat there. I've tried it three times, and was underwhelmed each time. I've had much better meals in the MDR. Fortunately it came with my cabin, so I wasn't out any money.

Interesting comments about Tuscan Grill. I wonder how many people have enjoyed their meal? Having read the comments on earlier posts we were hesitant to go there. So in June 2017 on the Exquinox we decided to try for lunch. What a surprise. No complaints. Excellent service. Calamari looked nothing like those previously posted. We each had different items. Since we enjoyed so much will try for dinner in December and see the results. And just a note we do not frequent Olive Garden.

Hi . Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your posts and picking up tips as I'm on this cruise with husband and friends too! We went to the Dog and Pony for the lobster roll that one poster recommended and it was every bit as lovely as it looked in the photo.

Sorry to hear you were under the weather yesterday. We walked along the waterfront, up to the Citadel and back to Rib Fest where we stuffed ourselves on Great BBQ food! We also went back to the ship to try and watch the fireworks but the fog was quite dense then. We also went to the museum and learned about the tragic explosion in the straight as well as the Titanic experiences. It was a bit "comforting" then that the warship moored near us kept blowing it's foghorn all night! At times we could not see it at all!

Interesting comments about Tuscan Grill. I wonder how many people have enjoyed their meal? Having read the comments on earlier posts we were hesitant to go there. So in June 2017 on the Exquinox we decided to try for lunch. What a surprise. No complaints. Excellent service. Calamari looked nothing like those previously posted. We each had different items. Since we enjoyed so much will try for dinner in December and see the results. And just a note we do not frequent Olive Garden.

Good morning, I have eaten in Tuscan multiple times over the years (on S class ships) and I would say 90% of the time

it was quite good but what the OP experienced? Not good. My food didn't look like the pictures either. He had every

right to be upset, that is for sure.