Booked 4 people and one can't go.

We are 4 friends travelling together and we booked 2 connecting balcony cabins. We are sailing at the end of July, and one of us just found out that she can't go on the cruise due to some personal/work commitments. We aren't worry about refunds or cancellation insurance but wondered the best way to handle her reservation. Does she still do the online check in, and just not show up, or just do nothing? We don't want any issues with the rooms, and want to keep them connecting and on the deck we chose. Is there any harm in not doing the online checkin or will that cause red flags? The RC website that online check in is required 3 days prior to sailing. Thanks.

We are 4 friends travelling together and we booked 2 connecting balcony cabins. We are sailing at the end of July, and one of us just found out that she can't go on the cruise due to some personal/work commitments. We aren't worry about refunds or cancellation insurance but wondered the best way to handle her reservation. Does she still do the online check in, and just not show up, or just do nothing? We don't want any issues with the rooms, and want to keep them connecting and on the deck we chose. Is there any harm in not doing the online checkin or will that cause red flags? The RC website that online check in is required 3 days prior to sailing. Thanks.

I don't think you HAVE to do the online check-in. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't know to do it or maybe don't have a computer. It will just take longer for them when checking in.

With regard to the 3 days, the RC website means that if you want to do online check-in, it must be done at least 3 days prior. Online check-in is not mandatory.

I'd have your 4th person be a no show.

Bob gives great advice.

When you get to the port, check in. If asked, your friend made her own arrangements.

Upon your return, the friend's portion of taxes and port charges should automatically be refunded - due to the no show - to the credit card used to originally book and pay for the reservation.

from some postings I've read, the less information given regarding the 'no show' the better, especially as you aren't worried about a refund of cruise fare.

Thanks everyone! I will take your advice and the 3 of us will check in online, show up and enjoy the cruise. If asked at check in, we will say our 4th is travelling on her own. The less we say the better. :)

Thanks everyone! I will take your advice and the 3 of us will check in online, show up and enjoy the cruise. If asked at check in, we will say our 4th is travelling on her own. The less we say the better. :)

That is probably the best advice. What ship/date? I'm available.

I don't understand the advice to not let them know at check in. They are going to figure it out - so why lie? Is there a reason not to let them know? Doesn't make sense so would like to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

some here think the cabin will get repriced. Definitely not true

Have you heard of Single Supplement, well that is the issue and yes it can and does happen.

Not when the second berth remains paid for - OP said they are not getting a cancellation refund

Have you heard of Single Supplement, well that is the issue and yes it can and does happen.

This is completely inaccurate! It is all rumor based. If they checkin at the ship and let them know the roommate is not coming - they are NOT going to reprice.

We recently had this situation onboard our Harmony cruise.....no one asked ....no one cared.

And certainly didn't do the online checkin...just had a no show...actually we had 3 spread out among 4 cabins

that we certainly didn't want to lose.

I had a similar situation and decided to just have other passenger be a 'no show' at the dock. Because I did it that way I was not able to get double points for being a single in the room. (Had I realized that I would have cancelled other passenger in advance).

We have done this before, and there is no repricing at the pier. We just told them at check-in that one person was unable to come due to a personal emergency. No big deal! All was fine. We got a refund of the port charges/tax on the credit card about a week later.

I would do the online check-in for the 4 of you. When I check-in with a no show the staff ask me there is just 1 of you. I said yes. No reasons ask.

Not sure if you can do the online check-in for just the 3 of you.

I would do the online check-in for the 4 of you. When I check-in with a no show the staff ask me there is just 1 of you. I said yes. No reasons ask.

Not sure if you can do the online check-in for just the 3 of you.

when you do on line ck in, everyone is individual