Entertainment-Shows

All of the entertainment is free on all of the Royal Caribbean ships.

I have been on the Liberty and the Oasis. On the Liberty, you didn't need to make reservations or get tickets. On the Oasis, however, if you wanted to pick a particular time you should make your reservations online. If you don't make reservations you can still go to a show, but you'll have to wait for everyone who has reservations to pick their seat. I am assuming that it's the same on the bigger ships (Oasis and Quantum Class) since there are so many people on the ship. Remember, shows are always first come first serve basis as far as seats go. I recommend getting in line to get your seats at least 30-45 minutes prior to your show time.

Edited by cruisemomandson07

Does any of the shows or onboard entertainment require tickets to be purchased and/or reserved in advance?

Thanks!

Royal does not (yet) charge for shows on any ship.

The only ships with entertainment reservations are Oasis and Quantum class ships.

No charge...no reserved seats...just space in the theater. If you want a front row seat, better get there early.

I was under the impression there were reserved seats for VIP's. Has that changed? When we sailed in grand suite there were show seats reserved for us as long as we arrived and claimed them prior to 10 minutes before show.

I was under the impression there were reserved seats for VIP's. Has that changed? When we sailed in grand suite there were show seats reserved for us as long as we arrived and claimed them prior to 10 minutes before show.

Yes there still is a reserved seating section for VIPs

Just as they did with the escape room, which started out as a free entertainment option.

Are there Escape Rooms on RCCL? If so, is it on all ships? I've heard so much about them but have never gotten an opportunity to do one but it's on my bucket list.

Are there Escape Rooms on RCCL? If so, is it on all ships? I've heard so much about them but have never gotten an opportunity to do one but it's on my bucket list.

Not on all this, I only know of one on Anthem and Harmony.

Nope, just anticipating the bean counters seeing all that potential revenue in the main theater.

Don't give them ideas...they read these boards don't they?

...I suspect it might be the one line they can't cross without seriously losing custom.

Don't give them ideas...they read these boards don't they?

...I suspect it might be the one line they can't cross without seriously losing custom.

Oh, I think they will cross that line, sooner rather than later. It will start out with getting charged for a reservation if you don't show.

Oh, I think they will cross that line, sooner rather than later. It will start out with getting charged for a reservation if you don't show.

Some RC manager will read this and take the credit for the idea of charging for shows and will probably get promotion and a big pay increase for it.